Complacent Leopard? (demo spoiler?)

Cameroon

Originally posted by Moon:

We'll fix this and will release an updated version of this worthless piece of deflated garbage soon.

Martin

Don't be so hard on it Moon! As far as games go (and some demos too) this one is pretty damn good out of the box. I appreciate the work Battlefront has done to bring what was an obscure and potentially doomed in the English-speaking world title to us. I for one am excited by this sim, and as a long time Battlefront customer, I've learned to trust you guys!

Keep up the good work.

smith

Thanks Brian Smith, but I wasn't entirely serious smile.gif I just quoted what two or three posters said about the demo earlier in the thread, in order to highlight how hard they are on the DEMO. Anybody who expects half a dozen missions that feel like a "war going on" in a free demo is asking for too much.

Martin

Rollstoy, yes, the AI in T72 is scripted to a large degree for each mission, and these scripts can be modded (and have to be when you create a new mission). Some underlying functions are hard-wired though, but you can script waypoints, behavior, even random stuff for each unit in a mission. Quite extensively in fact.

By the way, I am not pissed off. Far from it. You develop a thick skin after moderating these forums for years. And it is also nothing directed at you personally, I used other people's posts for the quote, too.

It was just an tongue-in-cheek attempt (perhaps I should have added a few smile.gifsmile.gif ...) to highlight that the complaints and especially the way they are being posted are not reasonable. Asking for half a dozen missions for a free demo is asking for too much, simple as that. And the fact that the Russian demo has more content doesn't change a thing about it.

Martin

If it's only a file missing would it be possible to provide a hot fix then without support? Just putting the file somewhere 'unofficial' so those with at least a little computer knowledge can fix their demo in the wait for the real thing to arrive.

oops my bad...forgot about that post.

I love the game. I am expecting it anyday now and Battlefront has my money. I just wish the English demo had all the great missions the Russian one does.

Also I would like to have just one mission That has a "war going on" feeling included in a TANK demo.

Remember The Steel Beast demo? It really gave you a feeling of what the simulation was capable of.

Anyway sorry bout the screwup, but I feel the English demo in its current form is Worthless bunk, compared to the russian content. The English demo just showed me that the current code Would work smoothly on my system. So I bought the game.