Complacent Leopard? (demo spoiler?)

Cameroon

Is there some AI setting that I need to enable so that the Leopard does more than sit there as a pretty big target in the "Dogfight" demo mission?

For an experiment I went got into 5th gear and drove to, oh, 50 feet from the Leopard before firing. I think, when I was like 100 feet away, it MAY have started its engine.

Same, I've got it to move only once with a sabot from .5k on its 3'. Most of the time its just remained stationary.

Does the crew abandon the tank based on damage? Morale? They bailed out once after I hit the Leopard with a single round of the AA. The four crew all piled out and ran for it.

Well, I drove up to about, oh 100 yards away, and fired a round into the tread, which caused one guy to pop out dead like bread from a toaster. It also set the Leopard to a slow drift to its left which eventually stopped after it had almost turned fully broadside to me.

I fired another shot into a hopefully non-critical area and that seemed to wake it up a bit... at least, it rotated its turret. Then there was a TON of something going off. I think someone in my T-72 fired off the smoke mortars when the Leopard turret came to bear on us.

So I fired another hopefully-non-critical and the same thing happened. Turret rotated, mortars fired, that's it.

I had tried upping the experience of the enemy AI to 20 (from the 5 it starts at), but that didn't seem to do anything.

Interestingly, I went back and the "20" that I set the AI experience to did not stick. I am trying now at 10, and will see if that sticks and/or makes any difference.

Nope, no difference. Now I think it's the Leopard firing off the smoke though.

[ July 17, 2005, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

I tried to slide the missions from the russian demo into the English version, but to no avail. The Demo will not work at all then.

I cant understand why they took all the good missions out of the English demo. I am going to buy the game, but would like to practice before I recieve it. The only thing you can really practice in the demo is driving and shooting ducks.

At least in the russian demo you can get blown away. That is when it isnt crashing to the desktop.

Originally posted by Aries:

I hope I havent done a mistake ordering before checking the demo .... Bloody compulsive buying :rolleyes:

My complaint (and this thread's complaint) is that the English demo is two tutorials (no one firing back) and a "Dogfight" scenario that is rather pathetic since the Leopard just sits there. It isn't a complaint against the game smile.gif

The Russian demo shows off the gameplay a lot better.

I went ahead and bought the game.

Not because of the crappy, content deflated English demo. I bought it because the russian demo really feels like a war is going on. That is when it isnt ctd'ing.

Cant wait to get it.

Judohedgehog I also wonder if they will fix the English demo. Kind of a let down.

Well, after some investigating, it looks like there is indeed a really nasty typo in the demo which makes the game look for a script that isn't there. Hence the sitting duck Leo. It has been missed during final QA, probably because when you have the full version installed at the same time, it isn't noticeable.

Well, not really an excuse of course. We'll fix this and will release an updated version of this worthless piece of deflated garbage soon.

Martin