Not interesting at all

Moon

Woo-hoo! Battlefront - the only publisher/developer that ever seems to meet deadlines.

Downloading now - if this works well on me PC, my order will follow (unless I decide not to buy it because the demo was released on a Friday night Sydney time! smile.gif )

smith

Nice! Runs smooth as silk on my machine with all textures on highest (Athlon 2.5 plus Barton, I gig 4200 ram, 6600gt). Sounds are a bit quiet, but I can boost those in windows!

Neat! Just have to remember some keypresses now and work out how to fire the gun! Bit annoying with the tutorial text only staying on screen for a short while, but overall no complaints.

cheers

Edit - a couple of screens from the gunnery tutorial - looks great on my system

range01.JPG

A t34 cops a hit, complete with flaming crew

range02.JPG

Blackened T34

range03.JPG

Looks great

range04.JPG

Dead Leopard

Rellay impressed with how this thing looks and runs.

OInly question - in the tutorial, it recommends shooting a helo down with a missile - couldn't work out how to do that.

[ July 15, 2005, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Brian Smith ]

Thanks for the info, Moon.

I'd been so impressed with the Russian beta demo that I've already ordered the full version...And now I can actually understand what I'm supposed to be doing I'm certain that it's money well spent.

Looking forward to receiving my copy. Meanwhile...back to playing tyhe demo!! :D

Dunno if there's any tech support for the demo, so I'll post it here and see if anyone else is running into this problem.

Start the demo, start the driving mission, start the engine, crash to desktop.

The first time it tried to CtD but didn't get there and simply froze the whole system. The second time, it brought up a notepad window with Unknown error and an error code of 0. As a counterpoint, the Russian demo does not do that.

System is a P4 2.8 Ghz, Radeon 9600, Windows XP, 512 RAM.

[EDIT]

Third time I was able to drive to the fording waypoint before crashing (as per the first crash).

[ July 15, 2005, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Cameroon, see my reply in the Tech forum.

Brian Smith, I might be wrong, but it's possible that when you hit ESC and click on "Mission Objectives", you'll get to look at the complete list.

Shooting missile at helo - the missile is noted as UR. Load it, point at the target (no need to take range), fire, and keep pointed at the target until it's gone. (However, I find the AA-MG to be much more effective against helos).

Martin