Issue with Dual Mode and switching crew positions and the workaround!!!

Madmatt

Hey guys,

I figured I would pass on something I discovered and how to work around it. it involves the Dual Mode setting.

If you activate Dual Mode from the commanders station, it works as it should and the Dual Mode indicator light illuminates. In Dual mode, the commander can traverse and elevate the main gun at will. However there are problems when you switch to a different crew station with Dual Mode active.

If you are in dual mode at the commanders station and then switch to the gunners station, the gunner will not have control over the turret. That is how it should work since control is still slaved to the commander, however the problem is that the Dual Mode light indicator will turn off.

When you got back to the commanders station, again the Dual Mode indicator is still not lit but in addition it is also not activated, meaning the commander also doesn't have full control of the turret. This is indeed a bug, but the fix is very simple. All you have to do is press the "D" key key to disable the Dual Mode setting. At that point the gunner will regain control of the turret. If you want to again allow the commander control, press the D key a second time.

Or put simply, do not switch crew positions with Dual Mode activated. If you have Dual Mode enabled and want to drop into the gunners view, first turn it off by pressing the "D" key and you will be fine.

I have forwarded this issue to the developers.

Madmatt

• 2 months later...