Mine arrived this morning...playing now

Fox

Things of note

BAD

*nme RPGS ROUTINELY kill u from 300m -900m

* dust kicked up is killin my FPS (ath 2600+, 1 gig mem, 128mb GF4800ti

*Very high learning curve

*Tutorials need some work...instructions on what u should do appear for only a few seconds and then disappear from the screen

*Haven't found a way to allocate axis for controllers...so far could only get JS to work by disconnecting rudders i have and pushing JS forward makes turret go UP and not the reverse as i am more comfortable with

Good

*Blasted a trench excavator...saw driver run out and drop dead while on fire smile.gif

*AI pretty good at listening to ur commands

*sounds in general well done

*Great options to increase fps..all sorts of turn on/off options

All this so far done in 2 hrs of play..will post more later tongue.gif

[ July 09, 2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Fox ]

AYE....Some can be done from the load up screen but configs can be done before entering the game by going to the start menu where there's a config option there in MUCH more detail..in fact, this seems to have more ways to configure than any game i've ever played so that's good...

jpeg of the destroyed trench layer mentioned above

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16ke2.jpg

Another really kewl thing is after the mission..u can call up a review of any damage u took which shows the incoming vectors of the enemy rounds, who fired it etc..

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20vp.jpg

[ July 08, 2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Fox ]

Wow ..that is fast snake. Still haven't got my shipping notice yet. I'm probably way down on the list.

Awaiting your first impressions Snake.

And no steroids here Snake ..was just having a bit of fun the other day ..trying to work off that building anticipation.

So hurry up and tell us something good.

Regards,

Gunz

I have completed an initial "drivers course" mission so far. Graphics are great but you need to jocky around with your individual settings to get the frame rate the way you like it. Don't worry... they guys let you adjust EVERY graphics option of the game to asure good performance on your system.

I have bad joystick problems right now. Read my latest topic post. I don't know how to fix the problems. I don't understand why my stick worked fine when I initially played the game then come back and its as if the game does not recognize it.

Gunz... you'll love it! I have not fired a shot yet but its pretty damn realistic!

The manual is short, sweet, and to the point. You can control more realistic functions than I ever thought you could.

More to come shortly.

snakeeyes, see my other post: not a joystick problem most likely, but you simply disabled joystick controls in the configuration program (it's off by default I think, so it probably happened when you reinstalled).

Fox, the RPG guys don't have unlimited ammo. It only seems that way perhaps when you're on the wrong end smile.gif The amount of ammo can be set in the mission editor for each individual soldier.

Martin

Rotfinger, I might be wrong, but I think if you set realism to the highest level, external views are disabled. Set it to high or medium, or examine the configuration program and set external views to "on", that should do the trick.

Martin

Well... I drowned.

Yup.

Forded a VERY deep pond and... well... we got a great bath.

Gunz... you've got to get this game! After about 20 seconds (after your commander berates your driving inability) the crew bailes out in the water and swims out using the breast stroke!!

THIS GAME IS GREAT!

I'm seeing some problems tho...often i loose an axis for my gun...ie...no hits taken, no damage, but my gun only responds to up and down commands...i alt-tab and the controller works perfect in ctrl panel...then..all of a sudden, it starts uncontrollably turning the gun..again...ctrl panel shows no such command being stuck for the controller....i'll then go back to say, the gunner stn and now the joystick doesn't make the turret do anything...never had this prob in the other sims i have loaded :(

Snake, I have it pre-ordered ...probably won't get it til next week.

I've been on 2 weeks vacation, go back to work tuesday. Bad timing on my part. Once again real life gets in the way of fun ..LOL

Sounds like for the most part you guys are having a good time tho.

Regards,

Gunz

I completed the gunnery training!!

I feel like such a badass now!

The hardest part is nailing an Mi-8 with the Svir missile. Whew! Close call! As soon as you shoot the dust cloud really obscures the target. You gotta go on faith a bit.

My frame rates are low. Often when zoomed in on a target I am around 7.5. I wish there was a way to speed it up a bit when in zoomed in mode. The other framerates are ok but the problem is that I often spend much of my time in the gunner's seat zoomed in. I need to keep tweeking it. See my separate post.

The after action review is great and easy to do. The 3D panning and markers with vectors are awesome!

BUY THIS GAME!