T-72 Balkans on Fire has gone GOLD! Pre-orders now accepted and new movies released!!

Madmatt

Battlefront.com and IDDK/Crazy House proudly announce that T-72 Balkans on Fire! has now officially reached “Gold” status and is ready for release. Production of the finished goods (CD's and printed manual) begins immediately, and the game is expected to ship to customers in late June/early July. Pre-orders are now being accepted.

The game is available for only $35 plus Shipping & Handling. It comes with a fully printed 70 page game manual with and 2 Game CD's.

Several exciting new gameplay movies were also released today and a playable demo will be made available in a few weeks.

Place your Pre-Order and download the movies today directly from the T-72 Balkans on Fire! Website

Madmatt

[ May 30, 2005, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Those movies were encoded and created using Windows Movie Maker so they should play fine using the normal Windows Media Player, no special plugin required (the game itself needs DivX but comes with it). Is anyone else having any problems? I tested them all with Windows Media Player 10 and they played fine.

By the way, the movies shown so far are highly compressed, later this week we may release some that are larger but show off better the awesome graphics in this game. They really are great!

Another nice thing about this game is a standalone Config program that lets you set dozens upon dozens of graphics settings so you can truly tweak it to fit your system.

Madmatt

Caesar, perhaps you need to upgrade to Windows Media Player 10? I think the movies were recorded in 10.

And yes, there will be a playable demo. We're working on it right now and expect to release it around the time when the game actually starts shipping in a few weeks.

Martin

Thanks for the interesting movies!

One question though: would it be possible to let the dust settle more slowly after a building is hit?! It takes only seconds for the air to become completely clear again. I guess it would no choke the CPU too much to let the smoke hang around a little bit longer?!

Best regards,

Thomm

Most of the movie lag was probably due to me. I just bought a copy of Fraps and haven't really learned how to optimize the movie output to get a good blend of performance and quality. Zooming in to uber-close ranges during massive particle explosions and smoke/dust clouds is obviously going to result in some slowdowns, which of course is exactly what I kept doing while making those movies. ;)

The nice thing is that you can really tailor the graphics a great deal and we do detail what most of the options do in the manual. There are a couple technical ones even I am not so sure about but I have asked the devs for clarification.

Some of the things you can do for example is set how many levels of clouds you want rendered, set variable ranges from the camera at which the various levels of detail kick in for models. You can set the level, type and range of shadows, wheter they are dynamic or not. You can set the foliage to be high or low detail and even select if you want it to be rendered in 3D or use sprites (like the trees in CM). You can set the amount, level of density, and range of the various particle generators (smoke, dust, water splashes). You can set global draw distances, anistropic filtering levels and I believe anti-aliasing as well (I'm going from memory here so cut me some slack!). You can even customize how and at what range the game will render the tracks and other elements of specific models.

In short, you can customize the bejesus outa the graphics but pay heed to the system requirements. This game LOVES a nice powerful system and all the fancy smancy physics, AI, dynamic terrain deformation and effects do come at a price.

Once the demo is released you guys will be able to get a better handle on how this baby will run on your end though.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

... You can set the foliage to be high or low detail and even select if you want it to be rendered in 3D or use sprites (like the trees in CM). You can set the amount, level of density, and range of the various particle generators (smoke, dust, water splashes). ...

Impressive!

Thanks for the info,

Thomm

Point to blowing up houses? Sure, it looks cool. ;) You could also assign the destruction of a specific structure(s) as a mission objective and I believe in some of the missions, they are.

Will Infantry hide in them? I tend to stay away from the enemy dismounts when I can as they have this annoying tendency to pop up at my rear with RPG's aimed at me. But, yes Infantry can and will move through or hide in buildings. You can even drive through buildings yourself but you risk damaging your vehicle or barrel when doing so. And YES, you can run over infantry you sick bastiches! (you can turn that option off if you want to).

Not only can you run into soft and squishy people, but you can slam your tank into other vehicles and equipment as well. Nothing like sideswiping that pesky road hogging truck and watching it flip over on its side as I go driving by on my merry way!

Is Ragdoll implemented? Yes, bodies can and will get blasted about as will parts of vehicles, AT-Guns and all sorts of other stuff.

You might notice in one of the movies that vehicles rock back on their chassis when hit or even when they shoot. All of that and more you have yet to see is handled by the very impressive physics engine.

Madmatt

[ June 02, 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Dear Sirs, I am very interested in acquiring the T72 Tank simulator and would like to know the following:

1. Will it be available in retail stores worldwide after release?

2. Is the pre-order price of $35 + shipping going to increase following release?

Thanks

T-Debo:

1. No. At least not anytime soon (read: not this year). We put most of our titles into retail only 1-2 years after our own release, sometimes even later than that.

2. No, it's the same price if you pre-order now or order later. We really want happy customers that like the game they buy and come back, not the kind of "pre-market hype buy-now-&-forget" approach you see from pretty much anybody else. Call us idealistic (sounds better than stupid ;) )

Martin

Okay then, in that case consider me as a happy customer!

I have always liked tanks, the last sim that I had was 'spearhead' and I enjoyed it a lot and now I am going to pre-order your T-72 offering.

I was an engineer(mine layer) in the Cyprus National Guard (89-91), but I really wanted to be in the armoured vehicles division.

Anyway, now I am working as an expatriate in the UAE as a mining engineer and I am doing the blasting in a quarry.(name is George)

I hope the product can be shipped to the U.A.E.(Middle East)

I shall look forward to it (July or so right?)