M84 Serbian Tank

mracni

I was just wondering why there is no M-84??? This tank was used by both sides, it was made by both sides together. I know that it was based on Russian T-72 but you sure know that thousands of this tanks was used in all the wars here, in Croatia, in Bosnia and in southern Serbia (Kosovo). See the link below!

Can hardly wait to play the game, and many more people in Serbia, thank you for making it. There is a lot more that can be used, like air combat, this time all sides...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/serbia/m-84.htm

I wonder how it would change gameplay if they switched from T72 to M84. I'm not near my references, but I believe its same armor, same horsepower, same autoloader, etc. The fire control equipment is improved, I believe (including that roof-mounted wind sensor). There may be people on this board that have operated both and can tell us the difference, but to my admittedly 'uninformed' (oops! - not 'uniformed) mind T72=M84.

[ April 05, 2005, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

There are several modifications made on M-84. It looks like T-72 but it is not the same. M-84 is popular tank, was sold to many countrys in middle east. It was used in desert Storm and showed even some advantages to American M1A1, had less mallfunctions, it is harder to spot it then US tank. I know that it is not much different but, it would be more accurate.

Also, there are some interesting infantry combat vehicles that can be used and are, also, authentic like M1 BOV, M-80, M-90 (rescue tank, for pulling out damaged vehicles fromm battle). Also, few Serbian made anti-tank rockets like Bumbar. Croatian side used Mi-24 helikopters, aircrafts can be intersting to see like G4, Orao, MiG 21, MiG 29...

I am not saying this in the bad way. I realy like the idea and want to play this game. I almost had some expirience in this war, and some my friends, on all sides had they expirience.

Oh yes, sorry for my English but... better then to write this in Serbian:)

It is good tank, not so new but... new tank was to be made, M-90 "Vihor" (the tank in one of my posts above is M-92, not M-90, sorry), but the war started. You can see some pictures on the following site, it's in Serbian but, you will understand technical details of it, and see it compared to the world's best tanks.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/oklop/vihor.htm

Also, new model of M84 now CAN fire guided missiles, it is M84 AB1, has new reactive armour "contact 5"...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. The M-84 is based on T-72M not T-72. It was tested by Russians in Kubinka training grounds. Russians said it is much better than T-72M and same level as T-80. It was not sold to many countries, only Kuwait bought 200 but 150 delivered. Also Finland wanted to buy them but Yugoslavia broke up before a deal could be made.

Very detailed information about M-84 (in Russian): http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/M84/M84.html

I think this game should have some Yugoslav built vehicles. Not just M-84 but also M-60, M-80, BOV-3, etc.

• 10 months later...