Two questions after reading SIMHQ's review

markshot

I read Cat's review of the Russian version on SIMHQ.

Two questions come to mind:

(1) Will the product be fully localized for the English speaking market? Meaning:

(a) Game screens in English?

(B) Game documentation in English?

© Game voice feedback in English?

(2) Will the game be deployed with Starforce? (I won't go into the whole debate about this particular form of copy protection other than to say this: Battle Front has clearly distinguished themselves as being a very customer oriented company and I would be surprised if they were to adopt such an invasive and customer hostile form of copy protection.)

Thanks.

Martin,

You might want to add those two items to a pre-release FAQ.

(1) Cat's review basically says, "superb product, but you are going to have to work very hard around the language issues if you don't read Russian".

(2) The review also very clearly mentions Starforce and there is a large segment of the gaming community that holds that technology in very low regard.

Sergei, yes, that's what I meant - during installation you'll have the option between Russian or English voices.

markshot, yes, indeed. That preview was written based on the original Russian release and we'll try to make clear (also by releasing a demo) that our worldwide release will be different. Other items that change and are noteworthy is the addition of a true online multiplayer feature for example. And we'll try to make the mission and map editor as accessible as possible, as well.

Martin

Yay, down with Starforce. Do a serial number thingy for multiplayer instead.

Oh and PLEASE allow a single copy to be used in multiplayer LAN games - that's very important to get others hooked on LAN parties.

And yay for keeping the original russian voice too. At least I know I'm not the only one playing EnemyEngaged with the russian voices for the red forces ;)