Similar to Panzer Elite?

Wartgamer

Longbore, I believe that PE2 has been cancelled as Wings has been shut down, but I might be wrong. It would be a shame if true in any case :(

Wartgamer, well, since T72 is a tank sim, I guess you can expect some similarities smile.gif But there are various notable differences.

For example, you can control attached armor, infantry and I think even helicopters by use of an overview map. You can't micromanage, but you can give basic orders to move, defend, attack and so on.

Another example, T72's focus is on the, how do I put it, "outside" combat modelling. You cannot look around the internal compartment of the tank for example. While all important aspects are of course modelled, the GUI itself is simplified and not a 1:1 representation of how the insides of the tank really look.

There are of course many more differences. Real ballistics for one (not the instant-impact simplification of PE), awesome physics and environmental modelling. Real-time deformable terrain, buildings and vehicles... uuhhh... well, I have to hold myself back before I start drooling all over the place smile.gif

In short, T72 is less nitty-gritty detailed than Steel Beasts II at least in the internal tank sim aspects (even though all the important aspects are modelled), but wayyyy ahead of PE. Which isn't a surprise, since PE, while excellent for its time, isn't exactly state of the art these days anymore.

Martin

Originally posted by Soviet General:

T-72 is more better, than "Steel Beasts". I played in "Steel Beasts". Not good game. "M1 Tank Platoon 2"was more better.

"Panzer Elite" was a complete rubbish. Bad graphics, bad control. All things was bad.

Hey, don't say so! Maybe you don't like this games, but it don't mean it's bad. It's just another.

Kstati, ti russkiy?

Panzer Elite Action

Post from 25thOdin in Panzer Elite Boards

hi there

here in germany we have a pc magazin called pc action

there is a 2 site report about pea

pea is not from wings its from a group called

"Zootfly"

release 4(quarter)(in german quartal)/2005

there a some sceens too

its like a wasd game

a little bit like soldiers : heros of worldwar 2

without the realtime element

3 campaigns

german eastfront

udssr stalingrad

american france

18 solomissions

15 tanks

mp up to 32 players

7 mp maps

new graphic engine

to me its look like a funny action game like call of duty,but with tanks and maybe bigger maps

on sceenshots it seems u can see about 500-700 meters

Yes i see the Panzer Elite Action in pc action today it is fine!, but i see no screenshot in Web!

Here two pictures from PC Action Germany

PEA1.JPG

PEA2.JPG

Gruß NSU nsu3.gif

[ February 27, 2005, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: NSU ]

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like it. As the articles and the title Action imply, this seems to be more of an RTS game.

NSU - I have deleted a bunch of screenshots to save bandwidth. We don't like excessive picture posting here, it's a discussion forum. Secondly, if you'd like to discuss Panzer Elite Action, please do so in the General Discussion forum. This forum is reserved for T72.

Thanks,

Martin

• 2 months later...

86smopuim, the biggest I played with so far was about a company of infantry, but I don't think that there is a real hard limit. It depends on how much your hardware can handle more than anything else I guess. All soldiers are animated individually and can be grouped (by the mission designer) anyway you like - as individuals, or in squads or even larged groups. These groups can then be given orders, waypoints etc. and scripted goals by the mission designer and/or, - if they are attached to the player's tank - also by the player.

There are two anti-tank guns in the game and yes, there are RPG gunners, too.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

86smopuim, the biggest I played with so far was about a company of infantry, but I don't think that there is a real hard limit. It depends on how much your hardware can handle more than anything else I guess. All soldiers are animated individually and can be grouped (by the mission designer) anyway you like - as individuals, or in squads or even larged groups. These groups can then be given orders, waypoints etc. and scripted goals by the mission designer and/or, - if they are attached to the player's tank - also by the player.

There are two anti-tank guns in the game and yes, there are RPG gunners, too.

Martin

sweet!

Not the battalion + cm gives me, but hey, who's counting.

• 2 weeks later...