BoB campaign error?

Guest Mike

I just noticed that Edinburgh is only at range 2 - meaning that 109's can get there - it seems a bit far given the north of England was out of range of 109's from both from Norway and France - is this an oversight?

• 1 month later...

I've finally tracked down a picture of range arcs for various a/c operating from Norway and France & will send it to you as an attachment.

Edit - found an image hosting site & added link:

bobranges2le.th.pngwww.ImageShack.us" /></a>

[ December 01, 2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

No they hadn't - that's the point - in the BoB campaign Edinburgh is at range 2, which allows 109's & Stuka's to reach - which they couldn't.

Of course if it were changed then the game ballance would have to be changed a bit too...

[ December 04, 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

• 4 years later...

Bump from the long distant past - it seems no-one bothered to answer Tornado's question!! :)

Wiki says that the first use of drop tanks was in the Spanish Civil War, first use by the LW was on the Ju-87R in early 1940 and the Me-109E-7 in August 1940, and the first allied use was on Spitfires being ferried to Malta in 1942.

The Ju-87R was used in the Norway campaign, but I have no info on it or the 109E7 in the BoB - given the historical comments all over the place about the short range of the 109 I don't think many, if any, were used, and they had no effect if they were.

Oh and I think the campaign got updated to put Edinburgh at the right range!! ;)

Edit: found this page discussing 109 numbers and variants in use in the BoB....