Meet the Wildcat! First new free download for DIF announced!

Moon

Last month we asked you to vote which aircraft you'd like to see added to DIF as a free download. We will be offering free stuff like new aircraft, campaigns and even totally new features and rules like that regularly. The poll results for the first additional aircraft are now in:

F4F Wildcat 63

Me-262 Schwalbe 59

P-61 Black Widow 37

Tempest V 23

Ki.84 Frank 10

Me-410 Hornisse 9

Buffalo I 7

Ki.102 Randy 1

Meet the Wildcat here!

Some of you might notice wing damage on one of the planes. That's right... the new plane comes with updated animations, showing wing damage, a new flame/smoke animation and more!

A new poll is going to begin soon, this time asking you which campaign you'd like to see added for the next free upgrade next month.

Needless to say, the upgrades are only available for the full version and not the demo, and can be downloaded using the game's built-in auto-update feature.

Watch your six!

Martin

Darn! I was hoping for, and voted for, the Me-262. Looks like I came up just short. Maybe the next add-on plane possibly?

I noticed some additional campaigns when I logged on last night. You can set them up but not play them. I started a 1944 Daylight Bombing campaign. Although I couldn't fight it, it was cool to see some of the planes that will be available in the full release.

Looking forward to this game when it's released. Having a blast with the demo and local games against the computer.

Sitzkrieg, indeed the campaigns you see are only playable with the full version. You can set them up and even assign planes for the first turn, but it ends there with the demo.

A batch of new campaigns you don't see online is being prepared right now also, and we'll have a vote on which will be added first. The poll with some descriptions of what's in the making should be opened soon on www.downinflamesonline.com

Don't worry, the Me-262 will be added sooner or later I am sure. It's a cool plane especially because it comes with some special rules... :eek:

Martin

[ September 01, 2005, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: bartbert ]

• 4 weeks later...

I want to see the Columbian Airforce included, except where they fire missles of death. MOD1: Destroyed. Oh and I want to be the ONLY one who gets to use the brave Colombian AF. smile.gif

How about Canadians as an addon. Lots of them play BF games and since its gonna be winter soon, my Zeros will be glad to war thier backsides with some "hot lead:. :mad:

[ September 26, 2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: MantaRay ]

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something? I see the plane's game stats, but how do I add it to the game?

I see where it says it will be part of a game update, but I'm pretty sure I've updated my game and I don't see the F-4F. Has anyone else got them?

[ October 06, 2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Liebchen ]

We will be releasing the Wildcat soon. You won't need to do anything special, as it will be pushed out through the auto-upgrade feature that's built in the game. Once we release it, you'll be prompted to activate the auto-updater next time you log into the lobby.

We don't have a firm date yet, but it's days, not weeks.

Of course in order to be able to play with the Wildcat you'll need pilots with the required amount of accumulated XP.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to force a re-download? I got my copy yesterday and after I installed and connected it started downloading the updates. My network connection puked part way through. Apparently it got far enough in that the system thinks I got everything and won't trigger a new update. I think I ended up not getting some of the art.