WHO ALL IS IN AND WHEN ARE YOU BUYING... :)

:)Just a few questions...

1. ETA for the expansion? (its gold...so when can we download?)

2. As Hubert goes always for the magical numer x.07 (SC1 + SC2) to bring his product to near perfection... What is left to be done on this expansion (where you want to still improve)

3. I noticed that Blashy again is in the Beta test team. I am curious if Terif particpated active too for balance etc.? Who else was in the test team....?

4. I am missing exp. reports of the worth of the expansion for multiplayer. For me beating up my loved computer is like domestic violence... Any comments?

@Sombra:

Yes, I came into the Beta team during the final stage to balance the multiplayer aspect (and especially scenario 1939 Fall Weiss) - which it is now IMHO smile.gif .

The emphasis of Weapons and Warfare and its main advantage is concerning AI/single player where it is definitely a big step forward and will most likely replace the original SC2. Also for modding and creating new/different scenarios it will be pretty much modders paradise smile.gif .

In multiplayer the expansion and the original SC2 complement each other instead of replacing:

- WaW is much more detailed and rather about the operational level (where do I place my anti-air, artillery etc. to give fire support to the troops, where do I place my fighters to protect/intercept the bombers...) and having a historical order of events on the strategic level. Attacking the countries in pretty much historical order and following a historical path in general is now by far the most beneficial way for both sides. You can still depart from it, but usually only at high (longterm) costs. Battlefields are reduced and narrowed down due to the rail/road system and other changes which effectively eliminates batttles in certain areas (like Middle East).

Experienced players won´t have that much strategical choices like in SC2. In WaW it is crucial to place your new fire-support units in the right tiles, building deep defence/offence systems – putting the new unit types to a good use - and you now have around twice as much units, which leads to a bit more micromanagement than in SC2. So when playing TCP you have to expect to need around 2-3 times more realtime to complete a game than in SC2.

- Therefore SC2 for me personally still rules on the strategic level where it provides more options and possibilities than WaW. In general it has more freedom of strategical choices and at least for TCP is much easier/faster to play.

So WaW is rightfully an expansion and not a stand alone game – both versions have a right to exist and complement each other. Since you get both in the bundle, in the end it depends on the personal preferences which one you prefer for multiplayer – they are pretty different - just try both smile.gif . For single player it is no question: here I would choose WaW anytime smile.gif .

In multiplayer the expansion and the original SC2 complement each other instead of replacing:

- WaW is much more detailed and rather about the operational level (where do I place my anti-air, artillery etc. to give fire support to the troops, where do I place my fighters to protect/intercept the bombers...) and having a historical order of events on the strategic level. Attacking the countries in pretty much historical order and following a historical path in general is now by far the most beneficial way for both sides. You can still depart from it, but usually only at high (longterm) costs. Battlefields are reduced and narrowed down due to the rail/road system and other changes which effectively eliminates batttles in certain areas (like Middle East).

Experienced players won´t have that much strategical choices like in SC2. In WaW it is crucial to place your new fire-support units in the right tiles, building deep defence/offence systems – putting the new unit types to a good use - and you now have around twice as much units, which leads to a bit more micromanagement than in SC2. So when playing TCP you have to expect to need around 2-3 times more realtime to complete a game than in SC2.

- Therefore SC2 for me personally still rules on the strategic level where it provides more options and possibilities than WaW. In general it has more freedom of strategical choices and at least for TCP is much easier/faster to play.

I played the DEMO and I think it was quite fun beating up the AI...(hopefully now the AI has a chance on D-DAyagainst a human player tongue.gif )

Fun enough that I was looking for the download only preoder (which isnt up yet it seems) redface.gif (Yeah being able to read is an advantage as I discovered later in the announcement)

Unfortunately I see the points of Terif that SC2 WAW will be a lot around micromanagemt. As SC2 allready was borderline for TCP/IP with quite long moves I think this will be streching the game playability online.

Still I like the new map, weather and railroad system (Even if you now cant walk easily all over the middle east).

Question is/would it be possible to turn off the "advanced units" as an option? Playing the simpler SC2 version on the new map with the imprioved weather conditions?

P:S: It wouldn´t be possible to seperate an "Action Phase (move units attack) and Planning Phase (Buy units, Diplomacy, Research, declare war) So that both players have to do something all the time on TCP/IP?

[ October 23, 2007, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

Ah, sounds good, but scary. x2-x3 times as long to play? LOL smile.gif Anybody for a 75 hour game? It looks like SomeBunta is back, how's it going kid? Bring back DragonSlow, I'm up for a 150 hour game.

@Yoda --- Are the scenarios any good? With more pieces & intense supply rules with rails or whatever, might make smaller battles exciting enough to get my gaming fix. Is there a D-Day scenario? The Bulge, Marketgarden, etc?

"LOL, bring back DragonSlow for a 150 hour game, I've got a month of free time." --- Legend, 2007.

"If you're in prison & have an internet connection, this game for sure is for you" --- Legend

Either way, guess I'll pony up some dough for this puppy.

-Legend

Hi Rambo, right now not many of the old guard around (at least in the Panzerliga: DRagonheart is missing, Pfeiffer too :( ) ... Played a couple of SC1 games and one SC2 game lately.

Had a lot of fun... Looking around for new challenges... still SC2 can already be a bit tedious on TCP/IP (The reason I stopped at some point to play it (PS thx for the option at least to move around the map yet while watching the enemy move) + hard to find players who are in for a 20h game) Now more micromanagement seems scary. Still I see the big advantages for WAW for singleplayer.

Hi Sombra, how about scenarios? Honestly, the SC-2 game doesn't have enough action for me. It's a build up & click race. The squares have given me headaches over 20+ hour game periods. Still not enough encirclement. I hate the MUD turns in SC-2. I understand weather, but the whole European Union is mud, nobody can move? How about some roads?

Anyhow, guess I'll buy this game just to keep me in the action here at BF. Bring your German self to the States, I'll take you on in some Playstation sports.

Far as Europe in the news, how about you Germans get back in the game & tell Putin to chillout with Iran?

There are a lot of additional scenarios included like Spanish Civil War, North Afrika, Kursk, D-Day, Battle for Russia, Battle for Stalingrad, Operation Market Garden and the Battle of the Bulge. So you can choose between shorter and longer scenarios smile.gif .

With the new units and features of WaW they create a much better historical/realistic feeling and are a lot of fun to play smile.gif .

@Rambo: To answer your question : YEs we are living in the mud, playing in the mud and the earliest religions even believed we were made of mud in the beginning smile.gif

Terif scenarios sound nice smile.gif Spanish civil war...Lets save the spanish from Franco

P:S: IF you think Dragonheart was slow..you never played against Angeldust ... he was the benchmark for Dragonheart and me regarding slowest player ever... never matched by anybody

Sombra,

With the Editor there are several options available. You could set the build limits for the new units to 0 and play a Hard Limit game... additionally to speed things up you could also adjust the Rail rules to be the same as they were in Blitzkrieg... essentially you can mix and match to play the exact type of game you are interested in playing. Lots of options smile.gif

Hubert