Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blashy

Ok, Official AAR beta, detailed.

Recommended Posts

The pulling back of troops is a "TACTICAL" decision by the Allies.

It has nothing to do with weather or the maginot line being weak.

At this time it seems like the best defense for the French, especially if they get no support from the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be that the French need an extra Corps or two in their initial OOB to justify holding the Maginot Line, or that the strength of the Maginot Line fortifications need to be increased above normal, or that Blashy has hit upon the strategy which the French should have followed in WWII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holland is a region in the central-western part of the Netherlands. Holland is a former county of the Holy Roman Empire, ruled by the Count of Holland, and later the leading member of the Republic of the Seven United Provinces of the Netherlands (Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden, 1581–1795).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Production queue is disabled, softbuilds are enabled and we've disabled consumable chits for diplomacy and research (it is on by default).

:cool:

Ha, two of the features I was missing in SC1 . Thnak you very much Hubert!!!

Regarding the build queue, I think I would like the improvement from Blashy that the costs for unit are paid during the building process : 200 MP for a tank (5 rounds) => 40 MPs per round. Unfortunatly we would need a a screen where our income and costs are analysed.... Well, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Edwin P.:

It might be that the French need an extra Corps or two in their initial OOB to justify holding the Maginot Line, or that the strength of the Maginot Line fortifications need to be increased above normal, or that Blashy has hit upon the strategy which the French should have followed in WWII.

Unless these extra units are "fixed", players will probably pull these units out too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Edwin P.:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Plunder from Benelux: 41mpps

Only 41mpps? A dramatic change from SC1.

Is this too little? Only playtesting will tell. </font>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by J P Wagner:

Unless these extra units are "fixed", players will probably pull these units out too...

So how does the opening set up work out? What are the "fixed" deployments, if any? Are there penalties for moving some such units before certain dates/events (like the early Italian DOW for moving units in the Med in SC1)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by With Clusters:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J P Wagner:

Unless these extra units are "fixed", players will probably pull these units out too...

So how does the opening set up work out? What are the "fixed" deployments, if any? Are there penalties for moving some such units before certain dates/events (like the early Italian DOW for moving units in the Med in SC1)? </font>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by J P Wagner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by With Clusters:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J P Wagner:

Unless these extra units are "fixed", players will probably pull these units out too...

So how does the opening set up work out? What are the "fixed" deployments, if any? Are there penalties for moving some such units before certain dates/events (like the early Italian DOW for moving units in the Med in SC1)? </font>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blashy wrote: "You have to follow the OOB when the war start for both sides, if you don't then the game completly goes into unrealism".

"The French sucked, there is NOTHING that could and can be done about it except form making a campaign that is from an alternate reality".

The problem is that the Maginot line was so ingrained into French doctrine that they would never have abandoned without a fight something they had invested so much money into.

That doesn't mean that I don't want players to have full freedom of movement, but acting so unhistorically needs to have both benefits and costs built into it otherwise if the default strategy for defending France becomes abandoning the Maginot then this game will look a bit silly.

Good on you though for trying something different, that might even work! I'm enjoying the AAR and looking forward to playing the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but I'm not the French doctrine, I'm Blashy, the Quebecois dictator with a better tactic than those French Generals, because I have history to learn from, hehehe. LOL.

So far the cost has been a benefit to the French. Hell, I've even killed an army everytime. That's a level 1 army in 3 categories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone noticed that the French defense lacks the Forest tile that was in SC1, thus allowing the attacking German forces to more easily outflank the Maginot line once the Benelux countries are attacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...