Would US enter War if Allies are Winning?

Originally posted by Sombra:

Unfortunatly players tend to abuse the rules.

Look at SC how we players dance around to activate the siberian transfer, regarding the increase of war readiness.

If the US only enters the war when the allies are weak I can see the allied players weaken himself or the axis players exactly avoiding the moves to bring in the US.

I would like a little less fixed rules to "important" random events.

Another exmaple is WAW . Here again the players are "Regelfüchse". They move exactly in a way that the US enters at the latest possible date. There is no risk only benefits for the players to play this way . But it is boring if the players have to play by an exact rule book to optimize their play. (IMHO)

I'm with your there Sombra. These war readiness rules are completely unrealistic. I think it would be more realistic to have random events or at least make war readiness of different countries unavailable to the players so that they can't tell when countries are about to be activated.

A rather important point that everybody seem to, uhm, forget, is why USA joined the war in the first place. Hitler declared war on USA because he hoped, for various reasons, that it would help the axis win the war. For everybody who have skipped this chapter in the history book, now is a good time to go back and read it. ;)

Then it's time to ask again, did Germany win the war at that point? Hitler was frustrated that he hadto fight a two-front war, he himself had warned against this previously, and frustrated over the progress. He hadto cope with the situation and do what he thought was best.

The question is IMO all wrong. It should be: "Would Hitler declare war on USA if Germany was winning?"

Which is similar to the "When/If would Russia declare war on Germany if Germany was tardy with its own invasion?"

I think, though, in a game, that issues of play balance might need to take precedence over any likely perceived historical outcome (which of course will always be open to debate since such an outcome never happened in reality).

It would be an awfully boring and predictable game if the Axis could go about conquering everything and anything EXCEPT Russia and the USA, and get away with it. Even if one believes that neither the USA or USSR would've gone to war without being directly provoked.

If Germany is Losing, Will USSR Surrender?

I suggest this as it would make for a more interesting game vs the AI or humans in those cases where the Allied player has prevented the Axis AI or human player from launching a proper Barbarossa.

For realism and gameplay issues, the Soviet war readiness should follow the German military victories. The more the germans win, the higher the Soviet war readiness should get, the more the Germans lose, the closer to surrender the Soviets should be.

It's not fun to lose as germany and you all know it *sniff!* :(

:D