Thanks for saving me from GGWaW and HoI

What's wrong with GGWAW graphics?

I'm not searching to corner you, I just want to hear your opinion, this is of interest to me, for various reasons.

HOI is the perfect example of "More can means less". More units, less pleasure. More micromanagement, less pleasure, and such... smile.gif

Hearts of Iron is just boring some. It's slow and I'm sure if you really got into it, maybe it would become more interesting. It doesn't hit home with this wargamming crowd. For World at War, it's PBEM only.. It's like Advanced Axis & Allies.

GGWaW, graphics look like my son drew them.

Says enough there I would assume. Gary's name, if you ask me, was just a shameless way to sell the product. Name dropping in the worst way.

Third Reich PC, only downside, it's not Advanced Third Reich.

Likely will be outdone by Computer World In Flames.

One sad lesson, some times just because it CAN be done, doesn't mean it "should" be done. Which is why I would rather lump HoI (1 or 2) with MOO3.

I've been told a long laundry list of "issues" that exist with WitP. And for a game that is 100 bucks to a canuck, that's a bit steep to get into a game that is that complex, that time consuming, only to find, 3 months worth of gaming in, that some wonky glitch has just folded spindled and mutilated all your effort.

That folks, is why SC and SC2 are such nice games. You can sit down, run through a game in an afternoon, and sit back, and then ponder, I think such and such needs to be tweaked some.

There ain't no "running through a game of WitP in a single afternoon". I would have looooooved to have been in the playtest group, but then again, man that game would have required "time in" the likes of which would almost feel like actual work.

Games that complex, are usually lucky to come out adequately playtested at all, it's just such a daunting task.

I know pzgndr has done work also for AGW, and man, I bet you're tired at this point smile.gif

As much as we will be bugging the man, I hope HC has plans to bugger off for at least a while now that he has the game to the point he has.