Enough of trolling these forums!

Huberts should release the betas to do strict AARs with no option to answer questions if he is worried about revealing kinks. What's so hard about this? At least we can glimpse game mechanics - instead of posting one thousand new topics I wish for that... I wish for this...

Anyone with the same sentiments?

I expect to be flogged now and let the hanging begin!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assepoo --- Dude, it's called development. Far as all these feature creeps,"Many are called, few are chosen". Chill out & take a nap. If you want to go after lame suggestions, they get more specific. Remember if it's one of my suggestions, it must be important.

-Darth Legend

@aesopo 2nd. your feelings. Sc2 was announced 04.2004 since then there is nearly no bnew news . Heck even the homepoage of Hubert isn´t updated anymore => Release for Sc2 2nd.Q 2005, developers diaries not updated anymore, battlefront.com not updated anymore.

In the beginning ist is quite of funny "It is finished when it is finished" but still I believe in projectmanagement with milestone and dates.

I think it is hard to stay enthusiastic or check a page regulary for updates when they never appear.

Sure I will buy SC2 sometimes in the future still sometimes changing the screenshoots or other updates, permitting a lurker mode something to keep you interessted....

I'll admit a little frustration is perfectly understandable... all I ask is to please keep in mind that, minus the great work from my beta testers, in terms of coding and development I am still just a team of one.

Sometimes things take a bit longer than you anticipate and well... this is only my second game ;)

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

What good games? That clown Gary Grisby refuses to make TCP/IP, it's a joke.

Not to hijack, but you may have missed the announcement that 2by3 are actually working on adding TCP/IP right now. It will be available as a free update in the near future.

Regards,

- Erik

No Erik, he didn't miss it, Rambo just has bouts of dementia, forgetting that I informed him of this, not only in this forum but another, awhile back........ring a bell, brother Rambo?

Now about that hijacking, any chance you guys will Woooo away HC for SC3?

Let's all try and be patient. I always hear that games are released too quickly and they are really beta's and the public does the real testing! Now Hubert is taking his time to produce quality and some complain about that!

You can't have it both ways!

We are all impatient, but personally I'd rather he take whatever time is needed to do it right than release something that would disapoint us all.

I'm trying out some new ideas with SC1 and having fun with it- maybe we should try that??

Originally posted by AZGungHo:

Let's all try and be patient. I always hear that games are released too quickly and they are really beta's and the public does the real testing! Now Hubert is taking his time to produce quality and some complain about that!

You can't have it both ways!

Just to help get back on topic and strictly speaking personally, I'm also a SC fan and I agree completely with the sentiments above. I've got enough to keep me busy until SC2 comes out and I'll be happy to buy it when it does.

Regards,

- Erik

What good games? That clown Gary Grisby refuses to make TCP/IP, it's a joke.

True. When u look at matrixgames and all so call cool games and see thre is no TCP/IP you think sort of "What the heck...?, what programming language is that dude using when he cannot manage to make TCP/IP work?".

I would have grown tired of SC ages ago if it were not for TCP/IP

Games like Third Reich I would also play today IF it had TCP/IP

I support HC, he is alone after all and this is not a full time job.

BUT! Why no screenshots? You could easily realease screenies every week, 5 screenshots per week.

I guarrantee that would appease pretty much everyone.

NOTE: You ever come by Ottawa, bring a copy of the beta, LOL!

SC is still in high gear. Wouldn't surprise me a bit that SC-2 won't be as good. Hubert should have fixed SC (made that SC-2) instead of new square system.....then make SC-3 with what is being worked now.

Nah, SC has many flaws (but still the best wargame), especially in the editor, the editor is very limited.

Im glad H.C. is taking more time than i would have liked in order to get this game.

This means that he is putting more into it than he had originally intended,...which will translate into a better game!.

Few games last the...'Test Of Time'...and, by how he has had little time to dilly-dally here in the forum and instead is applying himself to the final adjustments in the game...can only be good news for us...which should translate into a game that will endure... the 'Test Of Time'!.

I look forward to waiting an inordinate amount of time for SC3 to be released!.