• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ike99:

Wow!

45$!!

What happened to 30 something?

I guess a small, one man operation can still translate in large, multi-man prices. je je.

IMHO, the editor itself is worth the price alone. You'll probably get 20+ games that are not WW2 for free because of the editor.

WW1, US Civil War, Rome, Greeks, Chinese dynasties, WW2 Pacific, it's endless.

Trust and Beleive me when I say that 2 years from now you'll be laughing at having paid a measily 45$ ;) .

Hmmmm, too bad it won't run on my 950 MHz - probably those darn graphics demanding resources. And I even hate those graphics and would've preferred simple top-down counters..

Sorry, just me whining - I really had looked forward to see if there was a good game (which I expected) hidden underneath all those fancy toy soldiers.

Originally posted by Sombra:

Just a little question before preordering. I hope Battlefront does not include nasty surprises like "Starforce" in the game?

Is it possible to do a full install on my laptop and Homesystem though I do not have to keep track of my CD?

There's an interesting history regarding SC 1 and the need for a CD...when SC 1 was first released, the CD was not needed to play. Then one of the patches included the need to have the CD in your drive...many gamers complained about the change, and Hubert was gracious enough to revert back the original with another patch...let's hope there is no need for the CD this time around too.......

Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ike99:

Wow!

45$!!

I guess a small, one man operation can still translate in large, multi-man prices. je je.

IMHO, the editor itself is worth the price alone. You'll probably get 20+ games that are not WW2 for free because of the editor.

Trust and Beleive me when I say that 2 years from now you'll be laughing at having paid a measily 45$ ;) . </font>

Originally posted by Marcus the smiling leper:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ike99:

Wow!

45$!!

Trust and Beleive me when I say that 2 years from now you'll be laughing at having paid a measily 45$ ;) . </font>

Originally posted by Blashy:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by pzgndr:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, too bad it won't run on my 950 MHz -

There will be a demo. If the demo runs OK for you, then you're fine.

One of our testers is playing it on a 800mhz with a 32mb geforce mx card. It runs fine I've seen in myself when we played hotseat together.

Thanks - this could be good news. I'll try the demo.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

No, nothing like Starforce protection but we are looking at protecting it with something more comprehensive (but as unintrusive as we can make it) than a simple CD check.

Madmatt

Thank you very much! Thats good news

Originally posted by Ike99:

Wow!

45$!!

I think the price set at $45. is a fair price compared to other games you would by in a store and because of what you are getting.

I will gladly pay it. However, I am not sure I wish to preorder. The reason - I have lost trust in how long it will take. I am a big fan of Mr. H.C. and Battlefront, but I think it is fair to say this has taken much longer than not only we expected but they expected. So I will wait a bit more - But LOOK FORWARD TO IT. :D

General Bolt, yes, because our standard shipping is $8 (for USorders, it's more for other countries) for the first item, and then only $1 more for each additional item. So if you order more than one item in one go, you always save on shipping.

Martin

[ March 01, 2006, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Hey, i preordered and u havent take my money yet! how long does it take to charge? i recieved validation email so i guess the order went ok.

In the mean time and for the wait plz feel free to send me the manual on pdf on my email. Any version will be ok. (ill go hush-hush and wont tell anybody :rolleyes: )