IMPORTANT INFO FOR EVERYBODY WHO PRE-ORDERED **UPDATED**

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny so far, everyone that pre-ordered before today have got their e-mails.

But not me.

Yeah it's fair, after all this is normal.

It's normal that the poor victims of harsh moderating techniques aka the Rodney King of SC dont get his game...

after all...it's a full Moon.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Funny so far, everyone that pre-ordered before today have got their e-mails.

But not me.

Yeah it's fair, after all this is normal.

It's normal that the poor victims of harsh moderating techniques aka the Rodney King of SC dont get his game...

after all...it's a full Moon.

Kuni, check your email again, I just got mine.

Don't get to discouraged Kuni, it will show up, mine showed up quite a bit later than the early birds... Plus, it will take you quite a while to download... The pipes are full! If you live on the east coast like me, you won't get a chance to play tonight unless you burn the midnight oil and call in sick at work tomorrow... :D

:eek: Holy Cow! It's dropped to 8.5 kb/sec :(

[ April 12, 2006, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: saur_kraut ]

Email received,

Thanks BUT, looks like I will end up waiting. Unfortunately on my lousy nationwide dial up connection it would take 10 - 12 hours to download. I can't tie up the line nor probably maintain the connection for that long. I appreciate the thought however, if could get high speed internet where I live I would be playing shortly.

Originally posted by saur_kraut:

I just want to make sure that we get 2 attempts (per email) at the download because I'm getting a whopping 11 kb/sec which will take me 3+ hours... I'll probably just cancel and try tomorrow since everybody and their brother is now dowloading... Is that safe? LOL

saur_kraut... you get more than 2 attempts. In fact, there is no limit to attempts. You get 2 FULL downloads, but an uncomplete attempt does not count. Also, if the connection is this slow for you at the moment, you could also use a download manager like DAP or GetRight. That way you can pause and resume the download later (e.g. tomorrow). Using such software also allows you to have multiple streams at the same time, usually increasing overall download speeds quite a bit.

Martin

Originally posted by saur_kraut:

Don't get to discouraged Kuni, it will show up, mine showed up quite a bit later than the early birds... Plus, it will take you quite a while to download... The pipes are full! If you live on east coast like me, you won't get a chance to play tonight unless you burn the midnight oil and call in sick at work tomorrow... :D

:eek: Holy Cow! It's dropped to 8.5 kb/sec :(

I CAN'T call in sick tomorrow but does'nt matter. Since all the mp games of sc1 Im used to stay up all nights.

However still no email. I'll just have to continue to post here and moan until Santa Moon comes to the rescue.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh!!!!

I haven't got mine. :(

Pre-ordered the first day it was opened...

I have order number and everything.

Email is a @gmail.com address so no filters and double checked spam box.

Anybody I can send my order number to that could help?

Woo... :(

--AOM

(p.s. "Ed" was the one who helped me if that helps...)

Originally posted by MullinsR:

Are you sure you pre-ordered?

Cant believe this. Sweden got like the finest internet connections and servers in the world and I cant get my email faster than some dial up farmers from wisconsin??????

[ April 12, 2006, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

I cant get my email faster than some dial up farmers from wisconsin??????
Well, I'm not a farmer, but I kind of enjoy getting the email before you anyway. There is some justice in the world! Hope you get it soon though Kuni, I know you love SC and hopefully SC2.

Originally posted by General von Trapp:

Condor, what URL did you put into DAP to start the download?

You don't put in any URL, you go to the address provided in the email, type in your license code (which is also in the email, and its a unique code PER PERSON) and then the download kicks off.

Speaking of that DO NOT EVER GIVE YOUR LICENSE CODE TO SOMEONE ELSE. Codes are specific to each person, if you give out your code to someone else because you can't download today, then we will not be able to give you support if a problem were to arise down the road.

If you didn't get an email, then we are sorry, but that simply means you will need to wait until the next batch of emails goes out (which will be tomorrow) or possibly your email address in the original order was faulty or is getting bounced around before it finally comes back to us as undeliverable. Due to the amount of emails we are having to handle, we can not at this time check each and every one to see if it went out or not though.

Madmatt

[ April 12, 2006, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by General von Trapp:

The URL is dynamic and contains your license key info, so sharing it with somebody else would not be a good idea.

In order to get your download to work with programs like DAP, right click on the "download" button, and choose "save as..." or "save with DAP" for example.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by General von Trapp:

The URL is dynamic and contains your license key info, so sharing it with somebody else would not be a good idea.

In order to get your download to work with programs like DAP, right click on the "download" button, and choose "save as..." or "save with DAP" for example.

Martin </font>

Kuni, I emailed you about 30 minutes ago to your email account that you have registered to your forum account here. Did you get it? Please check it. It wasnt the email that Martin sent, but I do have some questions for you that might shed some light on your situation.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

[...] If you didn't get an email, then we are sorry, but that simply means you will need to wait until the next batch of emails goes out (which will be tomorrow) or possibly your email address in the original order was faulty or is getting bounced around before it finally comes back to us as undeliverable. Due to the amount of emails we are having to handle, we can not at this time check each and every one to see if it went out or not though.

Madmatt

I appreciate that. I also know I will get it "soon", just kinda sucks and it makes me feel better to let you know I'm dissapointed. :(

Feel free to tell 'Ed' at sales@battlefront.com a big warm "wtf over?" from me kk?... :rolleyes:

Still having a blast with the demo, I know its not personal, still think HC is the man, i'll get my grubby's on it soon enough, etc... just thought from Moon's announcement that christmas was coming today... just, suxors i guess...

Woo... :(

--AOM