Sound problem.

Guest Rob/1

Guest Rob/1

I have a G3 with 64megs of ram. For some resion the battle sounds don't work. I have the newest sound sprokets but the battle sounds still don't work.

With CM on its way this is bugging me.

Guest Big Time Software

Do you mean you hear nothing at all?

Just to be sure, try pressing SHIFT-S to make certain you haven't turned off the sound.

Charles

Rob, I'm not sure how it works on the Mac, but on a PC these sound problems can be solved by either reducing hardware acceleration in your Control Panel or reducing sound acceleration in your DirectX folder.

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS

Guest Big Time Software

When the game starts up, does it give you a warning about not having SoundSprocket?

Make sure you have NOTHING else running when you run CM. Also, try increasing CM's memory partition (from the Finder, click on the CM icon and select the "Get Info" menu item). It's at anout 25MB minimum now. Try raising it to 30. If your system lacks enough RAM to do this (it might since you only have 64) try turning on virtual memory. You might want to experiment by turning on virtual memory regardless.

Charles