CMBB INSTALL ISSUES! COME HERE FOR LATEST INFO!!!!

Madmatt

My replacement disk arrived today by FedEx yet! It installed 100% and the game runs perfectly. This was extremely fast delivery, much faster than expected, and at considerable cost to you I am sure. All I can say is thanks for super support through this CD problem. It could not have been better. You and your company are TOPS!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, everyone should have gotten an email from me which clarified this issue but apparently not.

ONLY people that indicated to me that theyt COULD NOT play the game AT ALL were Fedexed emergency Replacement CD's. Those CD's were burned by us and we were limited in how many we could make and send.

The rest of the people on the list will be getting PRODUCTION quality CD's that were re-mastered from a new CD company and those began shipping in small quantities yesterday (as they just arrived) and will continue to ship out next week.

People that got an emergency CD will ALSO get a Production CD sent to them.

So, everyone should just hang tight and your replacements should begin arriving shortly.

I told you we would take care of everyone, and we will, but I can't make things go any faster than this.

Our number one Priority during this issue was to make sure EVERYONE would be able to play the game, either by using downloaded files or by getting a new CD as rapidly as possible.

Next we wanted to contain the issue and make sure our current and shipping inventory was unaffected by this issue. That is now complete.

The last step is to get everyone who contacted me an official production replacement CD which is what we are now doing.

If you emailed me already and I said you are on the list then you WILL be getting a replacement CD. It may take a few days still, maybe even a week before it arrives but you WILL GET IT.

Madmatt

[ October 05, 2002, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Thanks for the FYI, Matt. I was one on the lucky ones who got the temp CD overnighted to me. While it didn't work either (I solved my problem by buying a CDR external unit), I'm grateful for the prompt assistance. I do hope that I'll receive a production quality CD when the become available. I'm VERY pleased with the game, company, and service. This was, after all, a small number of units affected, but BTS responded like a house afire to solve the problems hatched by a careless vendor.

Whtas the deal with getting on the list to get a new CD due to the missing files? Is posting my message here enough or do i have to Email Matt whose address I don't know. Help because this game is going to make me buy a new computer to run it better because it is that cool.

If you read the entire thread you would find out that:

1) Madmatt's email address is: matt@battlefront.com

2) You DO need to email him in order to get a replacement CD. You need to provide your order number that you got from BFC for CMBB. If you have a CDV version of CMBB, then you need to contact CDV for support or a replacement.

3) Those who are getting replacement CDs immediately are unable to play the game whatsoever. In other words they are probably unable to read the CD at all and the available files listed near the beginning of this thread are not enough to get a working version of the game.

4) Everyone who emails Madmatt with this problem with eventually get a replacement CD. If you don't meet the criteria in #3 then you'll get a new production CD, which should be shipping soon.

Matt,

Your workaround of downloading a couple of files worked great! I've been able to play the game just fine for a week or two now. The way I figure it, I'll get the replacement CD when you guys are able to send it. Since I can play the game, there is no rush for the CD, so take your time with it for guys like me. You've done a fine job with the quick fixes for a vexing problem.

Thanks again. And don't let the turkeys get you down. Come to think of it, Thanksgiving is just around the corner...

Originally posted by roodboy:

Where the heck is the order number? I chucked everything except the book.

Roodboy, If you dont have the order number thats okay. Just email me at matt@battlefront.com and tell me exactly where the install fails and also include the email name that you listed when you placed the order. I can look up the order details that way.

Madmatt

b]UPDATED INFO (10-13-2002)

Some people have contacted me with regards to install issues with the CDV version in Europe. Other people with the Battlefront.com version have also emailed me with install errors, but of a slightly different sort.

If you get a "unexpected end of archive" error when the game runs you may NOT have a defective CD. What can cause that is a conflict between a virus check program and games installer.

In order to install the game you should FIRST disable any and all virus check programs. This includes Norton Anti-Virus, McAffe's and all other brands.

Once the install is complete you can re-enable the virus check program as usual.

Also, for CDV customer with problems, you MUST contact CDV Tech Support for assistance, even if you get a insaller failure. We can not provide you with a replacement CD, only CDV can.

To date though, NO CDV CD's have encountered anything remotely similar to the manufactoring defect we saw on a very small amount of our CD's.

Also of importance is that no orders placed after October 4th would have any chance of a CD with a manufacturing issue like that above. We received new stock at that time from a new manufactorer and no old stock has been shipped since.

Again we thank you for your time.

Madmatt

[ October 13, 2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Hi Matt, after our mail exchanges, it was agreed that you would send the remplacement CD to my Bill To address and NOT my Ship To.

As it is, one nice American fellow received another game from BFC and I'm still waiting on mine.

Of course a remailing could do but since we agreed on it being shipped to me, I'd rather not have a friend paying twice for the postage.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone help me on this:

my set up is:

IBM T23 thinkpad

graphic card - S3 SuperSavage/IXC SDR, 16mb

OS - win 98

i am having a problem with my installation. when i place my CD into my CDROM, there was no auto notification. i had to go into explorer to look for the file.

the funny thing is that i only have 1 file called CMBB Installer.exe. when i double clicked on the file, i can hear my CDROM and Harddisk running but there was instruction screen for the installation. it will just continuely running and until i press the ctrl alt delete keys to evoke the 'end task' command.

i try copying the file from the CD to my hard disk, thinking that i can try installing it from my hard disk. but still the same problem persisted.

in short, i can't start the installation process. however, when i try on my friends DESK TOP, it can be installed.

please help... thanks...