CMBB INSTALL ISSUES! COME HERE FOR LATEST INFO!!!!

Madmatt

Originally posted by Triplett:

Whadddya know....it worked...I turned off the McAfee VirusScan and I was able to run the installer on the game... :rolleyes:

I think the problem there is the autoprotect virus software is trying read to the end of the file, but the file is unreadable, so it it just sits there and stares, hence the seeming "crash" of Explorer/what have you.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti-virus software will hang up a lot of program installs. A basic rule is to always always turn off anti-viral stuff before you install. However, in this scenario it isn't the overall problem. There have been plenty of instances where one CD won't install and another will, where no anti-virus software is involved. I don't know, BTS has not said, if they've found the answer to this yet, but they stated earlier that they were aware of the CD read problem.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Anti-virus software will hang up a lot of program installs. A basic rule is to always always turn off anti-viral stuff before you install. However, in this scenario it isn't the overall problem. There have been plenty of instances where one CD won't install and another will, where no anti-virus software is involved. I don't know, BTS has not said, if they've found the answer to this yet, but they stated earlier that they were aware of the CD read problem.

Editing previous statement for clarification.

If your CD is "bad", having antivirus on can

make it seem like your explorer crashes if you even click on the "CMBB Installer.exe".

The program will be "unrunnable".

MY THEORY is autoprotect virus software is trying read to the end of the file, but the file is unreadable, so it it just sits there and stares.

If you turn off antivirus, then install, you will get the 95-98% done like other folks. You can then apply the files listed in the begining of this thread. After install turn back on antivirus software.

This is NOT the same issue as BFC is trying to track down with the "bad" cds. It is a side efffect of it.

[ September 30, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Originally posted by Bam65:

Yeah, real superb. I still haven't gotten one yet and I'm in the states.

Well spare a thought for those of us who pre-ordered and whose CD is coming via outrigger canoe to Australia.

Not only are we unsure if the one we get will work (fingers crossed) but if we do need a new one we have another delay to endure.

I'm sure they are addressing your concerns as soon as possible.

Matt:

I got my copy of CMBB last week but did not have time to install it until last night. I tried to install twice on my Mac G4 and both times the install stopped about two-thirds of the way through the last Data install (the one with 3,700 files). I've only read a few reports on this forum of Mac install problems.

I will contact you via e-mail to request a replacement CD.

Thanks for all the hard work you have done to correct this problem.

Originally posted by RCMP:

Please add me to this wonderful unfortunate list. Three p4 modern machines and 5 cd drives and none appear to recognize this product.......

Order #81236

Thanks

more than willing to pay for fed x shipping. as snail mail in Canada will take 2 weeks + with custom strike/protest.

Originally posted by Bam65:

Yeah, real superb. I still haven't gotten one yet and I'm in the states.

BAM65, you have to email me with your order number in order to get on the list. If you havent done so then you havent been added to the list.

My email is matt@battlefront.com

Be sure to include your original order number or if you dont have that then include the email address that you put down when you placed the order.

Madmatt