Emergency CPR - Challenge-Peng Resuscitation

Mace

How I spent my winter vacation

Part Two: La Bohème, or why you shouldn't use curry for nose drops

I shall begin by saying that we (Persephone and I {my mistress had the night off}) started the evening at an Indian Restaurant. I can hear you now, "why the hell do we care what you had for dinner?" All will become clear later. La Bohème is the tale of four artists in Paris (four lay about losers if you ask me {leads me to believe that the Italian writers of librettos were reincarnated as writers of primetime dramas}). Music wasn't bad, and the sets were masterfully constructed. By the third act, I was feeling the need to liven things up. Now you are probably wondering how one goes about livening up things at an opera. Well, fear not for I shall regale you with my exploits. I began by inducing myself to a fit of coughing. Now, being the sovereign gentleman that I am, I committed my first mistake of the evening... I tried to suppress the coughing. As you may know, suppressing a violent cough may induce the spew reflex... which it did in this case. This, of course, led me to the decision to leave the auditorium in some haste. Now comes mistake number two... not wanting to spew all over the fine ladies and gentlemen near me (nor faire Persephone for that matter) I attempted to suppress the rapid exit of my fine Indian meal (You are aware that curry is a major part of Indian cuisine, aren't you? That is important to the next part of my tale). As you may know, explosions (in this case, digestive pyrotechnics) follow the path of least resistance. Denied the usual point of exit, my dinner (remember the curry?) made its escape through my sinuses. Unfortunately, sinuses were not designed to allow the passage of solid matter. In fact, they were designed to allow the passage of air to the lungs. It was at this point that I discovered that the Heimlich maneuver does in fact work (wish I had gotten the name of that fine gentleman so you could hunt him down and chastise him for saving my life). For those of you so dense that you are still wondering what the significance of curry is... my sinuses are still on fire. Needless to say, we passed on the fourth act.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

How I spent my winter vacation

Part Two: La Bohème, or why you shouldn't use curry for nose drops

I shall begin by saying that we (Persephone and I {my mistress had the night off}) started the evening at an Indian Restaurant. I can hear you now, "why the hell do we care what you had for dinner?" All will become clear later. La Bohème is the tale of four artists in Paris (four lay about losers if you ask me {leads me to believe that the Italian writers of librettos were reincarnated as writers of primetime dramas}). Music wasn't bad, and the sets were masterfully constructed. By the third act, I was feeling the need to liven things up. Now you are probably wondering how one goes about livening up things at an opera. Well, fear not for I shall regale you with my exploits. I began by inducing myself to a fit of coughing. Now, being the sovereign gentleman that I am, I committed my first mistake of the evening... I tried to suppress the coughing. As you may know, suppressing a violent cough may induce the spew reflex... which it did in this case. This, of course, led me to the decision to leave the auditorium in some haste. Now comes mistake number two... not wanting to spew all over the fine ladies and gentlemen near me (nor faire Persephone for that matter) I attempted to suppress the rapid exit of my fine Indian meal (You are aware that curry is a major part of Indian cuisine, aren't you? That is important to the next part of my tale). As you may know, explosions (in this case, digestive pyrotechnics) follow the path of least resistance. Denied the usual point of exit, my dinner (remember the curry?) made its escape through my sinuses. Unfortunately, sinuses were not designed to allow the passage of solid matter. In fact, they were designed to allow the passage of air to the lungs. It was at this point that I discovered that the Heimlich maneuver does in fact work (wish I had gotten the name of that fine gentleman so you could hunt him down and chastise him for saving my life). For those of you so dense that you are still wondering what the significance of curry is... my sinuses are still on fire. Needless to say, we passed on the fourth act.

LOL, sympathetic consumptive hacking, LOL

Idjit Yeknod

Originally posted by Berli:

For those of you so dense that you are still wondering what the significance of curry is... my sinuses are still on fire.

The Evil One complaining of a little heat.... Tst Tst I would have thought a little bit of fire especially down your nose would have made you feel right at home......

;)

BURN BERLI BURN

I mean that in the nicest possible way of course... :D

[Edited] Because I'm worth it....

[ February 24, 2002, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Originally posted by Berli:

For those of you so dense that you are still wondering what the significance of curry is... my sinuses are still on fire.

The Evil One complaining of a little heat.... Tst Tst I would have thought a little bit of fire especially down your nose would have made you feel right at home......

;)

BURN BERLI BURN

I mean that in the nicest possible way of course... :D

[Edited] Because I'm worth it....</font>

Originally posted by Mace:

Of course, it would be justice if the curry was Lamb, but I doubt that. :D

Mace

No, it was chicken curry...but I did eat some lamb...how do you feel about that Macey! Baaaaaah!...Baaaaaah!

Did you count your sheep to make sure none were missing?

Persephone

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

GentlePoolers I propose that anyone ... ANYONE, who nest quotes using that ... that THING above be sent to Coventry! There are some things for which there is just no excuse.

Joe

Joe, Coventry would be way too nice. I think that they should have to spend the night in Yeknod's paddock wearing a gopher costume, a gnome hat and a marigold in their hair.

Persephone

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

GentlePoolers I propose that anyone ... ANYONE, who nest quotes using that ... that THING above be sent to Coventry! There are some things for which there is just no excuse.

Joe

Joe, Coventry would be way too nice. I think that they should have to spend the night in Yeknod's paddock wearing a gopher costume, a gnome hat and a marigold in their hair.

Persephone</font>

Seanachai boomed:

SLEDGE59, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? STEP IN AND TAKE QUESTIONS, YOU PILLOCK.

All right already! Can’t a lazy squire ever get any sleep around here? Okay, okay… I’ll take care of this riff-raff for you.

{Draws rusty, broken sword from soiled scabbard and slowly advances}

Where are they? I’LL MAKE MINCEMEAT OUT OF YOU VARMINTS!

{Trips over own foot}

Look there… I’ve skinned my knee. Some puny SSN will PAY for this!

Hey you! Private Wanker. You’ve paraded your ignorance by obtusely posting on the MBT and by failing to acknowledge the main purpose of the place. What exactly are you doing here if you don’t want a game? Do you want to know the Donkey? That might have been arranged, but now it appears that even he doesn’t like you. If you DO want a game, you must PAY ATTENTION and reread the rules, then post like you have an inkling of what they mean, idjit.

[ February 25, 2002, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Sledge59 ]

Posted by a puzzledPersephone:

I'm confused.

Ah! A questioning glance... and from a Lady too!!!

Ahem.

It's quite simple really. You get one post per press of the 'add reply' button.

{bows}

Happy to be of service, M'Lady.

{extends bow further, falling into a heap}

Originally posted by myself in the recently terminated MBT (may it rest in peace)

BILLANIM.gif cough...hack...cloak..ack...invisibility...phthhht...wont see...ack...coming...phhttt.

Responce by Joe Shaw:

What was that a hairball? That was lamer than an arthritic three legged dog...
Yea that was pretty weak but what was I supposed to do with "cloak of invisibility", make a reference to Harry Potter?

I have gone too far. Military locker room humor. My appologies.

[ February 24, 2002, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Diceman ]

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."-

Oscar Wilde

Nice sig Elvis ......

Slightly profound but true....

You're a fan of Oscar Wilde?</font>

Originally posted by OGSF:

Gack! A h didnae think moonin' were alloo'd ain tha MBT?

I...I...this is amazing, I understood what you wrote! There really is a sentient being in there. Don't be afraid. Come out fellow, step into the light. There you go...now the nice lady has some tins of food for you...let's get a picture...*click*

_1834598_300panincic_pa.jpg