CMBB Modelling contest - Official Thread

Makjager has said he's building the Aufklarer 38(t). Also, he says he MIGHT be able to get photos of other people's Flakpanzer 38(t), Casaba, and maybe even Nimrod. So on these, if you see one, snag it just in case he can't get the photos.

I'm going to build the BT-5 first, then the T-26. Panzer Leader's got the BT-7 so mine will languish in the closet for some time.

Good work, folks. We'll get all these damn things in the game yet ;)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panzer Leader I have a reasonably good Panther A if you're worried about duplicating effort. The decal glares a bit, but that can be fixed with a good paint program.

http://diceman20762.tripod.com/outofthebox/id3.html

I'll be submitting this as soon as I can reshoot the shots that didn't focus, along with my Tiger II, JS II early, Tiger I late, and PZIIIL.

Here's what's on the bench: PZ38t that just needs painting.

In the box: Ferdinand, Stug III G late, Panther F, T-35 (too bad it's not on the list), Jagdtiger, Puma, PZIVH, T34-76 '43, KV-1C, SU-76M, JS-III, T34/85, and Valentine III.

I can produce a quality model in two weeks time, but which two? Any empty slots I can fill Kwazydog?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Diceman ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

Thanks, you fantastic modeller guys. (I've never made it past the "hammer in frustration portion of the instructions :D )<hr></blockquote>

Don't mistake me for a modeler. I'm a hatchet man. There's a reason firemen use the axe as a symbol smile.gif I'm leaving Dan to clean up the mess. He can do wonders with Photoshop smile.gif

You might want to try one of those 3-piece resin kits on the last page. Not much hammering neded there :D

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Bullethead ]</p>

Heya Guys smile.gif

Hehe, Im having trouble keeping up with you guys...here are some more answers!

Panzerleader, looking forward to the new models! 1/32 is definately better but 1/76 can still be of use to us if that is all is available. The Aufklarer btw is a neat little recon vehicle using the chassis of a Pz-38 and a 20mm turret similar to that you see of most German recon vehicles.

MÃ¥kjager, thanks for the info, Ill pass it onto Chalres. No promises though as it looks like we are talking about less than 10 vehicles, hehe.

Bullethead, thanks for posting the info! Yup, 1/76 will definately be a help as long as they are detailed nicely and the details are visible and clean. If you guys find photos of models you are thinking of getting that you want to run past me first, please feel free!

Gordon, looking forward to the BA-6! Hehe, dont worry too much about the colour as it is easily fixable, as you of course know smile.gif

Panzer Leader, make sure you take some shots before you get to the white wash, as we have to get the vehicles in there first before we think about the winter version smile.gif Also, I can white wash pretty easily in photoshop, if time permits us to do so.

If time permits it would be great to see the Sdkfz 10/5 as I have a model complete for that one, but as of yet no textures. Also, we could really do with a nice puma as we have a series of vehicles based on that chassis!

Bullethead/Makjager, textures for the Casaba and Nimrod would be great, as they are definately ones we have no textures for smile.gif The Flakpazer would be great too, though it seems that most served in the west, so this one will be one of the last we do if we make it there.

Diceman, thanks again, lokoing forward to your entries! Well we have some textures for most of those you mentioned, but it would be great have a nice texture for the Elefant and the T-34's (as there are so many versions as we dont have enough textures to cover them yet).

Panzerwerfer42, thanks, looking forward to them smile.gif !

Back to work!

Dan

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Hi guys!

as for the latest date of entry...well thats a hard call. At this point the contest will end on the given date, but I could probably take texture 4 weeks or so after and still have them of use to me, as long as I knew they were coming smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

Four weeks! I guess that means the game won't be finished until (hopefully) the middle of april. Then add a couple of weeks to print the CDs and manual. So if nothing goes wrong we might (just might) be visited by Santa (mr Postman) in the middle of may. Please tell me I'm wrong!

/Kristian

Panzer Leader.... i have the Kirin SdKfz 138/1 Grille made painted and being photographed smile.gif

what we need Re: Grille is the SdKfz 138/M which was the final version of the vehicle ...very simiilar to the Marder III SdKfz 138/M.

Starting on the Aufklärungspanzer 38 (t) sdKfz 140/1 now......ps....no more mods till later in the year .

regard

MÃ¥kjager

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MÃ¥kjager:

ps....no more mods till later in the year .

regard

MÃ¥kjager<hr></blockquote>

Jeez, what a whimp. You don't stop doing other projects when this sort of thing crops up, you just have to dig deeper and grind it out in addition to all your other projects.

Hmm. Wait a minute. I think I see a pattern here that might explain my lack of a real life and my lack of sleep. :D

Time to re-evaluate. Guess I'll go to the Carribean for awhile. See y'all when I get back. :cool:

Gordon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Diceman:

Good lookin' Panther! I will be happy to set mine aside. My personal suggestion would be to build up that Ferdinand! I love Ferdinands. Is it the new Dragon model?<hr></blockquote>

It's the DML 6133 kit: pre-overhaul, i.e. battle of Kursk model. Very nice kit by the looks of it.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MÃ¥kjager:

Panzer Leader.... i have the Kirin SdKfz 138/1 Grille made painted and being photographed smile.gif

what we need Re: Grille is the SdKfz 138/M which was the final version of the vehicle ...very simiilar to the Marder III SdKfz 138/M.

<hr></blockquote>

I sent my Grille in, but the more the merrier I say.

Btw I think Alan (the polish or Russkie model company) has just released or is just about to a SdKfz 138 Ausf M Grille.

So keep an eye out for that.

Mace

PS I wonder if we can convince Kwazydog to post shots of all the models he's received so far?

I just bought the DML grille, which I think is the same as the Kirin kit, but this Alan kit does look good...<hr></blockquote>

Kirin is a subsidiary of Dragon, and the Dragon and Kirin Grille are the same kit (although the Dragon kit gives you some crew as well)

Mace

Updated List with "taken" models.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Russian

T-44

T-26 * --------------------Bullethead

BT-5 --------------------Bullethead

BT-7 * --------------------Panzer Leader

BT-8

BA-6 --------------------Gordon

BA-6M

T-60

T-70

SU-12

SU-57

ZIS-30

GAZ-4M

ZIS-42

GAZ 64

GAZ 67

German

H-39 Hotchkiss

PzKw R35 ------------------Mace

PzKw 35S ------------------Panzer Leader

Flakpanzer 38(t) ------------Makjager (maybe)

Aufklärer 38(t) ------------Makjager

Hungarian

Turan I *

Turan I (w/armor skirt)

Turan II *

Turan II (w/armor skirt)

Zrinyi *

Zrinyi (w/armor skirt)

Toldi I

Toldi II

Toldi III

Nimrod -------------------Makjager(maybe)

Csaba armored car --------Makjager(maybe)

CV35 tankette

Romanian

R-1 Tankette *

Renault R-35

Vanatorul de care R-35

TACAM R-2

TACAM T-60*

Malaxa Carrier <hr></blockquote>

Well, it looks like there is a long way to go on this list, but we are on the way.

Incidentally Tamiya makes an old and easy Gaz-4 that you can prolly get for under 10 bucks if some one wants to take it.

There are a bunch of other kits in the works, but I am keeping this post on the "Dangerously-close-to-become-unmodelled" topic...

ANyone else want to share? Put your name and model down so we can keep this list updated and whittle it down. IT'S FOR THE CAUSE! :D

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]</p>

ANyone else want to share? Put your name and model down so we can keep this list updated and whittle it down. IT'S FOR THE CAUSE! :D <hr></blockquote>

Put me down for the H35 and R35.

Mace

Next week I send e-mail the pictures of my PzIVD and Opel Blitz models. Both of them is panzer gray. And here is two link about Hungarian AFVs, maybe they are useful.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/hun/Hungary.html

http://www.activevr.com/afv/muzzle.html

And please include Tiger I tanks for the Hungarian Armores Forces. They were extremely rare, but they were existed. They wore the standard german camouflage and markings.

GREAT NEWS! Here's a message from Schrullenhaft I've reposted from the beta forum. He's basically got the whole list single-handedly. We owe him a LOT of beer. Salute Schrullenhaft! Note, however, that he says not to let this discourage anybody else from jumping in on any of these.

I've bolded things that still ain't accounted for even with Schrullenhaft's outstanding effort. I encourage others to search for them. Schrullenhaft apparently knows were to find some of them so contact him if interested.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I've modified BH's list here to add what I've ordered/found. All of the Cromwell's (UK), Ostmodels (Oz land) and FORT (Germany) I have currently on order and they should arrive within 2 weeks (hopefully - I haven't heard back from United Fun on the FORT's). They are mostly 1/76th scale and may be a very light on details or quite possibly not as accurate in their dimensions/details as some plastic kits or 1/35 versions.

Some of the Hungarian AFV's are made by Botond Models/Resination (Turan, Toldi I, Csaba & Zrinyi). They're in 1/35th scale and very expensive (probably almost $150 for the Zrinyi II). I've found one distributor in the UK for them, but I have yet to hear back on availability or pricing.

My skill as a modeller/painter is probably quite suspect. So if anyone cares to get any of the models I've 'claimed' here, they are more than welcome (especially if their a larger scale).

Russian

T-44 - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Crowmell)

T-26 * -- BH has ordered

BT-5 -- BH has ordered

BT-7 * -- PanzerLeader has ordered

BT-8 - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

BA-6 -- Gordon has ordered

BA-6M - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

T-60 -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel & A-variant)

T-70 -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

SU-12 - Schrullenhaft (1/35 Fort GAZ-AAA truck only)

SU-57 - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

ZIS-30 - Schrullenhaft (1/35 Maquette)

GAZ-4M - Schrullenhaft (1/35 Fort GAZ-AA truck only)

ZIS-42 -- Schrullenhaft (1/35 Eastern Express)

GAZ 64

GAZ 67 -- Schrullenhaft (1/35 Fort)

German

H-39 Hotchkiss Don't we have this in CMBO?

PzKw R35 -- Mace has ordered or in work

PzKw 35S -- PanzerLeader has ordered

Flakpanzer 38(t) -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

Aufklärer 38(t) -- Makjager has in work

Hungarian

Turan I * -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Cromwell)

Turan I (w/armor skirt)

Turan II * -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Cromwell)

Turan II (w/armor skirt)

Zrinyi * -- located model (1/76 SMA)

Zrinyi (w/armor skirt)

Toldi I -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Cromwell)

Toldi II - Schrullenhaft ((1/76 Ostmodel)

Toldi III - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

Nimrod -- Makjager might get photos

Csaba -- located (1/76 NRC) - Makjager may get Botond Models-based photo which will be much better

CV35 tankette - located (Italian CV33/35 tankette - 1/76 SMA)

Romanian

R-1 Tankette * -- Schrullenhaft (1/76 Cromwell)

Renault R-35 -- Mace has ordered or in work

Vanatorul de care R-35 - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel - known as R35/45)

TACAM R-2 - somewhat located (1/76 USCASTS)

TACAM T-60* - Schrullenhaft (1/76 Ostmodel)

Malaxa Carrier - Schrullenhaft (1/35 Mirage - known as Renault UE) - dependent on availability<hr></blockquote>

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Bullethead ]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Bullethead ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bullethead:

Malaxa Carrier - Schrullenhaft (1/35 Mirage - known as Renault UE) - dependent on availability<hr></blockquote>

Woot!

I have a Renault UE already completed and in the collection - you can tick that off

Mace