The Peng Challenge Thread - Landing Heads Up 49.87% of the Time

Here are some interesting facts I have come across in recent studies;

Kentucky, 4 million people, 15 different last names.

Arkansas, 2.5 million people, 100 with their own teeth.

California, 24 million people 23.5 million assorted bongs, pipes and Zig Zags.

France, 59 million people, 7 bathtubs.

Australia 19.3 million people, 12 sober.

Peng Challenge Thread, 43 people, 300 PBEM games, 40 Wankers, 2 lovely ladies and one bright spot, me .

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Abbott:

Peng Challenge Thread, 43 people, 300 PBEM games, 40 Wankers, 2 lovely ladies and one bright spot, me .

Yeah, you're the kind of bright spot that flouresces under black light when the vice cops are checking the couch cushions. Insect.

. I, Sir Joe Shaw, Knight Champion of the MBT do hereby publicly accuse Sir Yeknodathon of spreading falsehoods about a fellow member of the CessPool. Let him deny it if he can or take offense if he's the nerve ... though I suspect neither will occur. He is, as you know, British.

Hmm, Joes Squaw I'm afraid I cannot sit here and let you talk about my leige like that, or indeed your reference to all Brits. If you have the guts to take on a real man, i.e. not an American yankee pig, then send a setup. I have to defend my leige!!

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Yeah, you're the kind of bright spot that flouresces under black light when the vice cops are checking the couch cushions. Insect.</font>

Originally posted by athkatla:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />. I, Sir Joe Shaw, Knight Champion of the MBT do hereby publicly accuse Sir Yeknodathon of spreading falsehoods about a fellow member of the CessPool. Let him deny it if he can or take offense if he's the nerve ... though I suspect neither will occur. He is, as you know, British.

Hmm, Joes Squaw I'm afraid I cannot sit here and let you talk about my leige like that, or indeed your reference to all Brits. If you have the guts to take on a real man, i.e. not an American yankee pig, then send a setup. I have to defend my leige!!</font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And yet you believe him. It saddens me Berli, indeed it does. And yet it is not your fault but his. I, Sir Joe Shaw, Knight Champion of the MBT do hereby publicly accuse Sir Yeknodathon of spreading falsehoods about a fellow member of the CessPool. Let him deny it if he can or take offense if he's the nerve ... though I suspect neither will occur. He is, as you know, British.

Joe

[wiggles a couple of ears...]

Lager and lime?

Yeknod

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

<font size=-1>

Lager and lime?</font>

I think Joe's a shandy man, myself. Or maybe a half-of-mild drinker.

[ November 03, 2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: PondScum ]

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And yet you believe him. It saddens me Berli, indeed it does. And yet it is not your fault but his. I, Sir Joe Shaw, Knight Champion of the MBT do hereby publicly accuse Sir Yeknodathon of spreading falsehoods about a fellow member of the CessPool. Let him deny it if he can or take offense if he's the nerve ... though I suspect neither will occur. He is, as you know, British.

Joe

Lager and lime?

Yeknod</font>

make it a good one and double blind ... that would, of course, exclude ALL of your scenarios ... on BOTH counts.

Perhaps something in the quality range of Ker Dessel? I'm sure I can talk my dog into defecating a scenario up to your exacting standards

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

make it a good one and double blind ... that would, of course, exclude ALL of your scenarios ... on BOTH counts.

Perhaps something in the quality range of Ker Dessel? I'm sure I can talk my dog into defecating a scenario up to your exacting standards</font>

I should have expected it of course, but one DOES hope that at some point in time Berli will show some sense of decency.

Oh he sent his setup ... a QB too so that, presumably, I'd be stupid enough not to notice his little ploy. Yes, it was a QB and it did state that it was an Axis Assault. The map was small IIRC, so it did grant me that.

But then ... under MAP it stated "Loaded from File" ... hmmmm, not being a Beta Tester like Berli I'm not completely clear on what that means so let's look at the manual shall we?

Maps can be imported into Quick Battles from scenario files.
Hmmmm, that would seem to indicate then, that the map chosen by Berli was indeed "CHOSEN" by Berli if you get my drift.

And what of the enviornment? Not a word from the bearded one! It could be heavy fog, dark of night, blazing noon on the steeps or raging blizzard in the cratered ruins of Stalingrad. AND HE EXPECTS ME TO CHOOSE MY FORCE BASED UPON THAT?

I tell you friends he has NO honor.

Joe

I should have expected it of course, but one DOES hope that at some point in time Berli will show some sense of decency.

Oh he sent his setup ... a QB too so that, presumably, I'd be stupid enough not to notice his little ploy. Yes, it was a QB and it did state that it was an Axis Assault. The map was small IIRC, so it did grant me that.

But then ... under MAP it stated "Loaded from File" ... hmmmm, not being a Beta Tester like Berli I'm not completely clear on what that means so let's look at the manual shall we? </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Maps can be imported into Quick Battles from scenario files.

Hmmmm, that would seem to indicate then, that the map chosen by Berli was indeed "CHOSEN" by Berli if you get my drift.

And what of the enviornment? Not a word from the bearded one! It could be heavy fog, dark of night, blazing noon on the steeps or raging blizzard in the cratered ruins of Stalingrad. AND HE EXPECTS ME TO CHOOSE MY FORCE BASED UPON THAT?

Joe</font>

All current turns are out. Those of you who were waiting with bated breath, or in the Gnome's case, breadth, you may rejoice in the knowledge that your deaths at my hands continue in their balletic perfection. Those of you who owe me fecking turns, and you know who you are (except, perhaps, Geier, whose total lack of self-knowledge is the talk of all the sex shops in Stockholm [no, Bauhaus, not that kind of self-knowledge]), send me a fecking turn.

Feck.

Oh, and another thing, feck! Drink! Arse! That would be an ecumenical matter!

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Boo_Radley is whipping me in our battle, he has knocked out several tanks, and has routed my infantry with ease.....I feel somehow he is cheating....did the Russians have T-62 tanks in 1942?... something is wrong, :rolleyes:

It's not that, lad. It's just that I invariably open your file after I've finished one from either MrSpnkr or Leeeeo, both of whom are picking me apart with gay abandon (not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you), so when I get to your file, I am so infused with rage that I take it out on your little pixeltruppens.

In other news, Berli is barely alive in our little to-do. He just tried a gamey flag rush right into the face of one of my tanks and three machine gun squads. Not pretty.

Malapropski is very wisely backing his tanks away from my Tigers in "Tiger Tiger, but a Russian tank in reverse can't outrun an 88 shell.

Aussie Jeff has been creeping his dozen or so tanks towards my line waiting for my armor to appear. Imagine his surprise when he finds out I aint got none.

Seanchai is off somewheres picking daisies. At least I haven't seen him anywhere on the battlefield.

Papa is assaulting the moon and doing a very fine job of it too, I might add.

Hiram objected to my choice of scenario saying that he's already played them all. Showboat.

And I see that I've just gotten new moves from both NeedOne and Maladictum. Time for more mayhem.

[serious]

Much sadness a' Schloss OGSF thas weekend. Ah haid tae tak tha faithful companion tae the wee span'l doon tae bae put tae sleep Saturday mornin'. A bonny an' feisty wee dog wi' twailve years o' faithful service tae tha lovely Wife tae her credit...

Missie....

missy4.jpg

God blaiss an' thank yee lass, Raist ain Peace, eh?

[/serious>]

[serious]Sorry bout that Kev, always rough to lose a faithful companion.[/serious]

Now, the rest of you carbuncles. Feeling sad, lonely and neglected? Perhaps that's because you haven't received a turn, or correct turn form me in recent days. Well, that's because I am waaaaaay to important to keep up propoerly with your insiginificant lives. Either that, or I bollocks up my e-mail forwarding during travels. So, basically, if your name is anything other than Bemoan, Berli or Lars all of whom got turns sent this morning, then send me somefink.

Or don't. Play might slow down for me a bit as I am off to experience the Russian winter first hand next week.

In wood and wild, ye warbling throng,

Your heavy loss deplore;

Now, half extinct your powers of song,

Sweet Echo is no more.

Ye jarring, screeching things around,

Scream your discordant joys;

Now, half your din of tuneless sound

With Echo silent lies.

- Robert Burns, Epitaph on a Lap Dog Named Echo

Originally posted by OGSF:

[serious]

Much sadness a' Schloss OGSF thas weekend. Ah haid tae tak tha faithful companion tae the wee span'l doon tae bae put tae sleep Saturday mornin'. A bonny an' feisty wee dog wi' twailve years o' faithful service tae tha lovely Wife tae her credit...

Missie....

missy4.jpg

God blaiss an' thank yee lass, Raist ain Peace, eh?

[/serious>]

Bugger. Sorry to hear of you and your's sad loss OGSF. I think a slight twist on a good auld Robbie Burns Dirge is called for.....

"O Death! the poor beast's dearest friend,

The kindest and the best!

Welcome the hour it's aged limbs

Are laid with thee at rest!

The great, the wealthy fear thy blow

From pomp and pleasure torn;

But, oh! a blest relief for those

That weary-laden mourn!"

RIP "Missie".

Aussiejeff

But then ... under MAP it stated "Loaded from File" ... hmmmm, not being a Beta Tester like Berli I'm not completely clear on what that means so let's look at the manual shall we? </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Maps can be imported into Quick Battles from scenario files.

Joe</font>

Look! A wagon wheel!!!

When your get up and go has got up and went, a hanker for a hunk'a cheese!

When your ten gallon hat is feeling low down and flat, a hanker for a hunk'a cheese!

A hanker for a hunk'a, a slaber slice a' chunk'a, a snack can be a winner!

But yet won't spoil yer dinner!

A hanker for a hunk'a cheese! Yahoooo!!!