RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part IV)

Originally posted by kunstler:

Ligur is a little slow with the turns. I think he has one of those Life things I hear people talking about getting.

First one I started was with him. Last heard from him mid July. We're on turn 7.

kunstler

Yeah this "life" thing has been kind of hard for me as of late, and things like "daily survival" and "trying to stay even partly sane" have taken a toll on my free time.

I was quite... Manic at some point and now cooling off. Personal relations at the moment are going quite bad. Also, I'm drinking too much. And the taxman is after my ass. Been in "only" 3 fights very recently which is totally not-normal for me. And had 2 vacations. Now I'm on a vacation again, by the way. That all adds up to being slow on turns... Gah, should be able to catch up. I really want/wanted to play but couldn't see the problems that were forming soon enough.

[ August 04, 2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Ligur ]

*sigh*

The_Capt is on the road, so his turns are sporadic now.

*sigh*

von Lucke seems to be having intermittent out breaks of life, so his turns are sproadic too. Silly bugger, should go live in a cave. BTS, please fix or do sumfink.

*sigh*

Still no turns from Saport since the first week of last month. Everyone else seems to be getting turns from him - maybe that Fallschirm of his crawling around on the roof freaked him out. Or sumfink.

*sigh*

A whole weekend gone by, and no ROWII action to enliven it. Oh, woe is me :(

*sigh*

Edit: and UBB still sox orz

*sigh*

[ August 05, 2002, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Hey you all in Tourney 3, Section 2-

Real Life everywhere-must find foxhole-take cover-send help.

My work trip was extended. :rolleyes: I'll be able to resume play on Wednesday. Send me your latest files and I'll get on 'em when I return. Thanks for your patience!

Down to 5 turns in "Another Day" and I wish for a better day. I await the wakening Cpl in Kiwi land. If you listen quietly you can hear him snorring....

As for St Mere Eglise that is in the end phase and should be over soon. America is awake but Frunze must be hard at work...

Me I am off for some Tea and Tiffin..

Tatta for now...

Send me fix asap chaps....

H

[ August 05, 2002, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Holien, I was at work, but I wouldn't say hard at work. Sent you your turn back now.

I'm done with Polish Push, almost done with Another Day (watched last-turn movie but haven't seen results screen), only a few turns left in the other three.

I'm feeling pretty happy about Head for the Hills, not happy at all about St. Mere Eglise, and somewhere in between about the other three.

John Jelinek,

I did reply to you through Mike/Treeburst quite some time ago. It is late, and I have been gone for 4 days, and so I have just now been catching up on the big schism. RL has been f'ing with me for a while too, but it may be a TB issue which has kept us from communicating. I will write to him tomorrow and see what's up. When you asked me about setting up a weekend gaming time last week, he later told me he forgot to forward you my message. We may have to find a different mode of communication, but I will try TB first. One way or another I will get thru 2 u. At least, I will be able to figure out where that MG sound was coming from ;)

rob/lopaka

Cpl Carrot,

I here by promote you to Sgt Lucky Bstrd...

;)

I have some interesting views on that game and I should have gone with my original thoughts.

Anyway the pain should soon be over and I hope the farmer uses buck shot rather than solid slugs.

As for Frunze thanks for the turn. I guess if you are unhappy I should be happy.

:D

The game has gone far better than my initial thoughts would allow me.

I just hope the Cpl has not sunk me. Doohhhh.

Anyway the games are slowly comming to an end and I shall have to start preparing myself for a new front and better tatics to over come MG's, rather than the simple run and baynet routine that works in this game.

Must do some work....

H

Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

How is Tourney III, Sec. 4 coming along? Just curious where everyone stands. I've had no tourney action for two weeks now (cuz i'm done). I'm getting the shakes.

:D

We're plodding along.

I'm making good progress with Ozzie in Head for the Hills. Hobo has suffered some hardware problems, but should be back shortly. I can't wait to end Fire on the Mountain with him - what a nightmare. I-Man and I are also closing to the finish of St. Mere Eglise...

I'm sure we still have a number of weeks to go at our pace.

Zipper

Good morning chaps...

St Mere Eglise looks like it will be finished today as it is all over bar the shouting.

As for Sgt Lucky Bstrd that will not end soon enough...

Turns out and I am now off to fill time in between turns.

I.e. Work...

H

Updates:

Another Day - Lord I am hating this one. Halfway through.

Fire on the Mountain - Lord I am hating this one, but maybe not as much as my opponent. Halfway through.

St. Mere Eglise - I am not sure about hating this one yet. Halfway through.

Polish Push - I love this one lots. w00t!

Head for the Hills - barely started, already hating it a little bit, but it could be much worse, you know?

Steve