RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

In my fight against SpanishBombs, the first movie for "St. Mere Eglise" made fine viewing, what with all the lead flying in multiple directions, foes popping up and being taken under fire, heavy direct fires smashing into buildings, and my assault formations shaking themselves out and surging forward.

"Fire on the Mountain" against Michael Dorosh was just that, with the top of one key elevation disappearing for a time in a shroud of HE bursts, believed to be mortar fire. I returned the favor by removing a small portion of an eminence across the valley with direct and indirect fires, to the profound detriment of the position and its occupants. Multiple infantry engagements broke out,

with severe lumps being dished out to some units hitting my extreme left rear flank. At least one such unit was rendered extinct.

For the record, my computer, other than being worked very hard by "Fire on the Mountain," runs fine. The problems I've reported have to do with things like being sent the wrong file, receiving a corrupt file, zipped files I sent out somehow becoming .cmc files, and so forth.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 11, 2002, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good point Mike. John, for those who are playing the scens in question, its fairly easy to figure out what you are talking about, including which side you are on and the specific features and positions you refer to. Certainly I avidly read your posts to gain information about the 'other side', and cringe whenever you give away anything about what I have. If I'm doing it, I have to assume that everyone else is too.

Please, I know its hard, but do try to maintain FOW. Please?

Thanks

JonS

Thanks

[ June 12, 2002, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Calling Jim L. (ok I know he spends a LOT of time with setups), U8led and Gunnersman... Been in touch with all so I know they aren't 1) Dead 2) Haven't bailed out.

Maybe a vacation? Just busy?

Me and Kunstler are ripping serious **** up in FOM. Woota! That map provides super premises for an interesting little war.

To my esteemed Section opponents:

I have been spending the last week putting out fires on the home front. Heavy bombing from the female half has leveled some of my time, cuz the comp got threatened with extiction, so I had to go to the "pay more attention to me" mode. I will have the situation under control by the weekend and promise to have my responsibilities taken care of toward you honored opponents.

Cheers.

Ugbash, SpanishBombs and Michael Dorosh have all been sent new turns.

I fail to see how I've breached fog of war, since I've said no more than I did in RoW I. I haven't identified a single unit, given a location name, or identified even a starting position. I have zero idea what deployment constraints were imposed on my foe either.

For the record, I'm having a terrible time even figuring out what's going on, given the huge map with all it bears, and I'm fighting the battle! The only reason I listed the scenario names is that other people repeatedly did it first. You may recall that I asked.

That said, I was never here, wherever here is!

Regards,

John Kettler

Morning chaps,

JK I see you are close to the edge, but not over it. I can understand people getting nervous but you have not given anything away.

Fire on the Mountain has my full attention and I have sent my turn back to W4. It has me on the edge of my seat and since losing the Maus I am not sure what the outcome will be.

Jazza has the next turn of Another Day. I presume someone who designed that game has a dry sense of humour.

As for the others nothing oseen of them except that I really do have to stop dithering on what to do with my approach with the wolf. He is a cunning cunning person and I need to have a cunning plan which Baldrick would be proud of.

Perhaps some turnip soup is in order.

smile.gif

H

Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

Gamey woman! The rarity rules are a bit screwy in CMBO which makes them more expensive than they really should be. I'm gonna petition BTS to reduce the cost of women in CMBB

Did you get you file Uber ?

Silvio,

While appreciative of your efforts in planning your moves for Head To The Hills, there's really nothing much to worry about. My troops are all from a "Stomach and ear" battalion, and are currently engaged in gumming turnip soup and hoping the Americans arrive with some better rations soon. With that in mind, your best bet is to simply run all your units deep into my side of the map. After all, the war is almost over, and my boys are ready to welcome you tourists with open arms. Just look for large groups of old men in leiderhosen, we'll be ready to surrender en masse if your boys have any rations or cigarettes.

Yours in surrender,

Corporal Jeb

Reporting from the front, tourney 1, section 2, SIR!

Battles in full progress with Bimmer, mike8g, and Jack Trap. Have made contact with Lopaka and mPisi, they'll be sending their first orders in 2 or 3 days.

Back to the front, I hear incomming!

Originally posted by tabpub:

To my esteemed Section opponents:

I have been spending the last week putting out fires on the home front. Heavy bombing from the female half has leveled some of my time, cuz the comp got threatened with extiction, so I had to go to the "pay more attention to me" mode. I will have the situation under control by the weekend and promise to have my responsibilities taken care of toward you honored opponents. Cheers.

Thanks for the update. Us married guys, and those with "life partners" I'm sure, understand. I look forward to getting your file this weekend and keep us posted if things change.

[ June 12, 2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: StugIII ]

Phew, 5 turns/setups/moves off today to 5 different opponents. This tourney is keeping me on my toes, I only hope to use sensitivity/understanding/flowers, etc. to avoid having Mrs. SpanishBombs reaching the Mrs. Tabpub level. These games run the course from sprawling to byte levels, and all promise to be enthralling.

A note to my opponents: I'll be attending the Jeff Tweedy concert tonight which means 1)I won't be getting any turns out this PM, and 2)when I return home, I just might be a little drunk, so feel free to take advantage of me by sending me the next turn. :D