RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Thread Two)

Evening Chaps...

Right just got back from sorting out tiles on my other house... Ohhh I do love DIY...

Sorry for the delay, all turns now out, to Tero (who is now asleep) Jazza (I have yet to get all his details) and White4 who is at work and not on a lunch break (that was earlier and I missed my opportunity to finish the game with him).

I am now off to bed...

Visom I have never stooped that far and for you to say it provides an interesting insight to your addication.

smile.gif

H

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention Section Four foes!

Contrary to what I was told would happen last night, the previously described E-mail problem was not referred up the chain. It has been been now, though.

We cleared out all accumulated messages on their server, and I forwarded turn repeats to Soddball and Spanish Bombs, in hopes that the problem autocorrected. Failing that, we know exactly what went out and when, good to know when troubleshooting if the E-mails don't go through. Would the two of you please post here if/when you get your turns, just so I know they went through?

Ugbash sent me a new turn, to which I've also replied and to which the same instructions apply.

Thanks, and my apologies for the delays.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 26, 2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Virus: Shouldn't be me...I don't keep an address book, just in case of things like that. I just create a folder under my inbox and store one or more email messages, then use 'reply' smile.gif or when the need arises, I manually type in the address...it ain't that difficult smile.gif And I'm running an updated anti-virus program and IE6.

Of couse nothing is fool-proof...and not keeping an address book won't prevent other types of viruses, but it's one more item to help out, and if I do get infected, at least the type using an address book should die on my system.

Also, shutting off the 'preview' pane helps. Rumor (or fact) claims that there are now viruses that activate is simply previewed.

A quick note to my opponents: A rather nasty thunderstorm passed through here this afternoon and decided to knock out both power and my phone line. Power is now back, but my phone remains dead. Therefore, I have no Internet access on my home computer until the fine folks at the phone company decide to get things back together. They tell me it will be back no later than tomorrow night, but in any case don't expect any turns for the next 24 hours at least. If the problem persists I will try to update here. Sorry for the delay.

Have just finished Fire on the Mountain, and unfortunately, I had to send out the email. Oh the humanity! Great game, though, one that makes you want to try it again, and the again from the other side.

Everyone else in section 3 owes me a turn, including THE REPLACEMENT FOR COGUST, who should be announced soon? :confused:

Yes, Cogust has now been officially relieved of command since he did not respond to my email. He should be fairly easy to replace since none of his games have been started.

If you would like to join this tourney, now is your chance! You get to start all five games from scratch. Read the first post to this thread so you know what you are getting into; and email me at mikeman@cablelynx.com if you are still interested.

Treeburst155 out.