New " BATTLE OF THE BULGE " mod ! ( large pics inside )

Guest Tom

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

If you look more closely, you will see 7,000 Japanese tourists milling about the main street of the first screenshot.<hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes: Unlike most parts of Canada where instructions are written in French and English, in Banff they seem to all be Japanese and English.....

Now that I think of it, I could make millions selling fugi film........

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful mod there Tom. This puppy will have a permanent home on my hard drive. The only question I have is that during a mid winter game wouldn't the grass be more a "dead grass yellow" instead of the more green color? Come to think of it the German dunkelgelb color looks a lot like the color of dead grass to me. Let us know when you post this baby,

Hanns

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Oh sweet nectar, finally a winter mod that wont require sun glasses to be gazed upon.

I would say so far that about 1-3% of my CM games were in snow, I cant stand the brightness of the whites used so far.<hr></blockquote>

I think, I might be wrong though, it's called a britghtness setting. And I think, I just specualting here, if you turn the brightness down, I think it will make the display a little less brighter. Hope that helps.

Anyway, awesome work, release it already!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ParaBellum:

I only hope Tom survived the new year's party...<hr></blockquote>

Yes , I did ...but it was not easy :D

First - and most important - a Happy New Year to the CM Crowd and many thanks for the encouraging (sp?) comments about my " baby ". The current status of this mod is promising:

I´ve done the hedge, the bushes, the wall, the water tiles and the tree bases and I am also through with the trees , the railtracks and the rough ( the last three elements are based on mods from Magua and DD..so I have to ask the original authors for permission before I can release the stuff ).

I´m currently working on the road tiles , which must be redone from scratch , since the original low res version causes some strange errors on my screen ( see Technical Forum for more infos ). At the end of this week I hope to continue with the snow terrain ( incl. one or two alternative versions ).

Thanks again

Tom

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Tom ]</p>

Tom: Many, many thanks for your work. As much as I want this...please take your time and get it the way you want. You mentioned alternatives: Great! I fully intend to keep my full snow and add yours for moderate snow. I hope you have given thought to using the CMMOS for a variety of snow conditions including "green", "green-muddy" "full white" or whatever names suite you. These mods you are making are the most exciting since Magua's first building pack!