New " BATTLE OF THE BULGE " mod ! ( large pics inside )

Guest Tom

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Splinty:

I love that mud & snow mod. It reminds me of Hohenfels or Grafenwoher during a field exercise.<hr></blockquote>

I remember a november night at Grafenwöhr. -18°C. And the heating in out APC failed...

*sigh* the good ol' days...

Tom,

That is magnificent work!! That is awesome!!

I never really liked playing snow scenarios becasue of the "blandness" of the snow maps/overlaps that have been available. A big issue was not being able to readily pick eleveations/depressions in the terrain.

Your mod on the otherhand, not only makes it look almost photorealistic, but it also gives you a much better feel for the 3D nature of the terrain when playing in snow conditions.

Great work and hope to DL it soon.

Lt Bull

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ParaBellum:

I remember a november night at Grafenwöhr. -18°C. And the heating in out APC failed...

*sigh* the good ol' days...<hr></blockquote>

No kidding! How about trying to dig in when the ground was so frozen a pickaxe wouldn't make a dent? Sniff,I miss the Army...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

If you look more closely, you will see 7,000 Japanese tourists milling about the main street of the first screenshot.<hr></blockquote>

Oh No! Now somebody's going to demand that I make both "snow-covered" and "whitewashed" Japanese tourist mods in addition to the "clean" versus muddy versions I was working on. :D

Gordon

tongue.gif