Oh brave new world, that has such a Peng Challenge in't

Oh Dalem enough with the grudge already just play the bleeding theing. Sheesh, you two doddering gits will probably hardly make it out of your set-ups before the patch comes out and that's not even enough time for even you to become exhausted.

Sheesh. And to prove the import of my words: Skanker! Set-up whinging it's way to you, heads up, yob.

[ November 18, 2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Delaney:

Hmmm...insurance money

Now, now, don't be hasty. Make sure you've taken out a supplementary term policy for, say, $2 million on him before you do anything.</font>

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Delaney:

Hmmm...insurance money

Now, now, don't be hasty. Make sure you've taken out a supplementary term policy for, say, $2 million on him before you do anything.</font>

Originally posted by dalem:

"Yes....YES!!!! That is the equation! Survival... must cancel out programming."

(Can anyone identify that old Star Trek (original series) quote? Hmmm?)

I believe both quotes ("Andrea, kiss Marlow. Now strike him." being the other) come from the episode "What little girls are made of."? The first was spoken by Ted Cassidy who would later go on to play Lurch.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

"Yes....YES!!!! That is the equation! Survival... must cancel out programming."

(Can anyone identify that old Star Trek (original series) quote? Hmmm?)

I believe both quotes ("Andrea, kiss Marlow. Now strike him." being the other) come from the episode "What little girls are made of."? The first was spoken by Ted Cassidy who would later go on to play Lurch.</font>

Thank you Hiram. We can always count on you when the chips (or is it ships?) are down.

Even if one is wrong. One of those three listed are not, per se, worth more than ALL the money in the world.

Actually.

... who would later go on to play Lurch.

It's people like you that will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Well gosh - look at all teh folks who have gone to the truble to do web searches for da-Lemming's little soliliquy.

Careful folks - with all you sheep around Macey might think it's a good day to get out of bed!!

I believe both quotes ("Andrea, kiss Marlow. Now strike him." being the other) come from the episode "What little girls are made of."? The first was spoken by Ted Cassidy who would later go on to play Lurch.

If you weren't am inbred Pennsylohiotuckian, you would have recognized the quote "Mind your own business, Mr. dalem. I'm sick of your half-breed interference! Do you hear!?" as being from the same episode. Like usual, you are a day late and a brain short.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oh Dalem enough with the grudge already just play the bleeding theing. Sheesh, you two doddering gits will probably hardly make it out of your set-ups before the patch comes out and that's not even enough time for even you to become exhausted.

How about a turn ya Git. I'd like to finish the game before someone collects the insurance money.

Originally posted by dalem:

Hah! You're a bigger geek than I am! Somehow. Andrea, kiss Marlow. Now, strike him.

And when the patch comes out I will dip my toe in agin' ya, Marlow. Sadly for me, not before then.

Only for the original series. I have refused to watch the new ones ever since the craptastic pilot episode.

You Ostfront death will await the patch then.

[ November 18, 2002, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Marlow ]

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

You must be a trekkie.

So many idiots to respond to, so little time...

First of all, Hiram old sock, I'm over ten years old, so I'm a Trekker.

Then I belive Gruyere said:

It's people like you that will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.
If people like you are in charge of the revolution, it should be about as well orchestrated as a Chinese fire drill...as handled by the French.

And then that big girls blouse Marlow said:

If you weren't am inbred Pennsylohiotuckian, you would have recognized the quote "Mind your own business, Mr. dalem. I'm sick of your half-breed interference! Do you hear!?" as being from the same episode. Like usual, you are a day late and a brain short.
I did recognize the quote, but I wasn't responding to you, Mr. OhIt'sAllAboutME!!!, now was I there, Sparky? Nope, didn't think so Virginia...er, I mean Virginian.

Originally posted by Marlow:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

How about a turn ya Git. I'd like to finish the game before someone collects the insurance money.</font>

Extreme Spoiler Warning!

Be very, very, afraid!

Don't say I didn't warn you!*

Introducing...

Treeburst and Roxy!

RoxyandTreeburst.jpg

*Persephone is not responsible for any illnesses or therapy needed after seeing this piccy.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Sheesh. And to prove the import of my words: Skanker! Set-up whinging it's way to you, heads up, yob.

I. Don't. Have. A. Grudge. I. Don't. Like. The. Game.

How was that? Rest assured that when the patch comes, you will be one of the ones to see my tanks stop to engage when given Fast Move orders, my MGs not fire at valid targets, my tanks move out of cover into LOS for no reason, my troops repeatedly head for cover they can't reach while under fire.

All that good stuff will be yours, and I will lose to you like nobody's business at least once.

Ah, dalem, dalem, dalem ... it's a poor workman who blames his tools you know.

I am now caught up on turns, if I'm playing/losing to you (pretty much the same thing except for MrSpkr who I think I may actually be beating like a cheap rug hung up on the line) and you don't have a turn, let me know. If I'm playing/losing to you then kindly advise via email at your earliest opportunity. If I'm NOT playing/losing to you ... your loss.

Joe

{ahem} ... uh ... that is ... well you see ... it's like this ...

I have a P3 450 (please hold your laughter until the end or we'll be here all night) with 192 Meg RAM and a 16 Meg VooDoo 3 card ...

GO ahead, get it all out of your system, I'll wait ...

Now then ... sorry ... no please continue, enjoy yourselves.

Done now? Good, so here's the question, If I ... oh for the love of GAWD people ...

Look, IF I had to improve only ONE of those (and granted the RAM is cheap and not really an issue), which would you recommend and what alternatives would you recommend?

Thank you, thank you, buying a Mac is not an option but I appreciate the input from you Mac owners. Are there any suggestions from the PC crowd that might actually be HELPFUL?

Let's just assume that I'll be playing CMBB almost exclusively since I've seen nothing on the horizon that trips my trigger.

Joe

Now then, for a bit of serious techno-grog. Joe, if you are not going to just cash it in and get a new PC, then your only real option is a better g-card, since there is no gaurantee your mother-board will support a faster proc. Even if you could improve your processor a bit (maybe up to 600 or so, if at all) it would not do you the benefit of a good geforce 3 or 4, and would likely cost more.

In all honesty, if you have five-hundred bucks, buy a new PC and donate the old one to the kids. If not, get a good chunk o ram, a good $100 video card, and don't play "To the Volga."

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I am now caught up on turns, if I'm playing/losing to you (pretty much the same thing except for MrSpkr who I think I may actually be beating like a cheap rug hung up on the line) and you don't have a turn, let me know. If I'm playing/losing to you then kindly advise via email at your earliest opportunity. If I'm NOT playing/losing to you ... your loss.

Joe

Well, you were playing/losing to me in that 300 point random CMBO atrocity you sent me. I'd be happy to continue your playing/losing to me in a CMBB battle.

Originally posted by Marlow:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Well, you were playing/losing to me in that 300 point random CMBO atrocity you sent me. I'd be happy to continue your playing/losing to me in a CMBB battle.</font>

{ahem} ... uh ... that is ... well you see ... it's like this ...

I have a P3 450 (please hold your laughter until the end or we'll be here all night) with 192 Meg RAM and a 16 Meg VooDoo 3 card ...

Some snippage of Joe's garble here

Look, IF I had to improve only ONE of those (and granted the RAM is cheap and not really an issue), which would you recommend and what alternatives would you recommend?

Joe, as usual, Pantless Leader was premature and jumped the gun. Before we can make suggestions, we need to know a few more things about your rig. Do you have the model with the deluxe hamster wheel? How long has it been since you fed the hamsters? And most importantly, how old are the little buggers?

Papa

PS

Though it galls me to have to admit it, Joe, Pantless Leader is right. A new video card would likely be the item you'd see the most benefit from. Does your motherboard have an AGP slot, so that it can accept a newer card? I'm asking because if I recall correctly, some of those old Voodoo 3 16 meg cards came in a PCI version...

{ahem} I have a P3 450 (please hold your laughter until the end or we'll be here all night) with 192 Meg RAM and a 16 Meg VooDoo 3 card ...

Joe

Ah hate Panzer Leader an' haes stankin' gamey sharp shootin' uber-tank things. Boot tha pit-sniffin' prat as right Ah think. Gi' yersailf a video card...Ah wud recommend a Nvidia 4600ti wi' 64MB o' RAM on at, more af'n ye kin afford at. Gi' here for pricing...

http://www.pricewatch.com

Originally posted by OGSF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

{ahem} I have a P3 450 (please hold your laughter until the end or we'll be here all night) with 192 Meg RAM and a 16 Meg VooDoo 3 card ...

Joe

Ah hate Panzer Leader an' haes stankin' gamey sharp shootin' uber-tank things. Boot tha pit-sniffin' prat as right Ah think. Gi' yersailf a video card...Ah wud recommend a Nvidia 4600ti wi' 64MB o' RAM on at, more af'n ye kin afford at. Gi' here for pricing...

http://www.pricewatch.com</font>