Oh brave new world, that has such a Peng Challenge in't

Time for an update:

His Eevilness, Grandliege and all round Nice Guy , has been overwhelmed by Praying Matildas that wrecked his defense with 2104 shots of AP fire. (Sorry, the HE equivalency tables don't go that high)

His Roumanian 2nd liners wilted from all the bouncing rounds. The chatter of tank MG's made them cower in the cemetary - yes, another GermanPerson scenario. Anyway, a tactical victory to the Red Forces of goodness.

AJ has spend the best part of a week whining about playing Russian in Tiger, Tiger. My thoughts after my ovewhelming victory are to advise that he has been awarded ...

Honarary Whingeing Pom status.

We now face each other in a WW1 type fight. Don't hold your breath, it'll be a draw.

Athalatakakaka and Nidanone are in the grip of my superior play. (My thanks to dalem for that little literary gem ) .

Simon and I are in the grip of a game that the turn list says is Turn 1 of 0 !! Should be quick. My airpower is making him cautious.

Pondscum is making heavy weather of turn turn-a-rounds. That won't save him...no French Waiters to serve up garlic enhanced shells.

That will do.

Noba.

Ah yes. Whilst in edit mode to add an errant parenthe-thingy, thankyou Pondscum .

Speedbump is yet to make an appearance after 12 turns. (Although we hear they havn't finished the vodka ration just yet.....)

[ November 18, 2002, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Noba ]

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Noba:

<font size=-1>Athalatakakaka and Nidanone are in the grip of my superior play. (My thanks to dalem for that little literary gem.</font>

"Writhing in the grip of my superior play". WRITHING. Get it write.

Also, balance your parens. Sheesh, don't they teach you kids Lisp in school these days?

In other news, while this weekend was indeed spent in sad contemplation of how much I miss my French waiters, a TOTAL VICTORY brought a smidgen of joy to my life. Of course, it was against AussieJeff, so it was one of those preordained bits of joy that you make a token effort to smile at, for the sake of any watching aunts and uncles, but really you knew you were going to get it for christmas since about thanksgiving, so where's the joy?

Yes, yes, execute perfect covered flanking maneuver - la di da - wipe out one platoon from behind - ho hum - lay down massive covering fire from heavy weapons platoon - straight out of the book - charge up hill in teeth of withering fire to take end of trenchline - they don't like it up 'em sir - lead platoon executes spontaneous retrograde maneuver en masse in face of desultory mortar fire - to be expected - reinforcements arrive in nick of time - cue Hollywood ending.

But really, where's the joy? His men were so busy doing their headless chook (his words) impressions that my flamethrower team barely got a look-in. And frankly the best bit was when one of his mortars took out the other one. Is this it? Is this all there is? 85-15, with seven of his men left standing to surrender, and four of those had just bailed out of a pillbox? Where's the joy?

Did I mention the pillboxes? Gamey bastage. I'll have him for that.

Originally posted by Mike:

Turns out Macey and Stupa et al are merely the vanguard of a bunch of Chubby Chequers, Rolly-polly's and overweight orzies.

Shedding weight* is much more easier than you raising your IQ substantially to our level.

Mace

* not that Stukes or I need to lose weight anyhow.

[ November 18, 2002, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

PULLED from the depths of PAGE TWO!

What's the deal? It's not the first of the month, so I can't imagine you're all out cashing your gub'mint checks or at the local Save-All, stocking up on Morton's TV dinners, the aromas of which have permeated every man-made fiber of furniture in your double-wides, and by that I'm referring to trailers and not the kind of women Hiram likes best.

So, what's the deal?

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oooh look at the big thread-bumper Boo. You could have at tleast had the decency of bumping my "Getcher QB Maps here!" thread. Lazy, dodgy, BAD git!

How is it that your charming and long suffering wife hasn't beaten you to death for the insurance money?

If she requires assistance in this matter, I'm sure we can find a few HUNDRED that will joyfully line up

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oooh look at the big thread-bumper Boo. You could have at tleast had the decency of bumping my "Getcher QB Maps here!" thread. Lazy, dodgy, BAD git!

Now , now, Pantry Raider. We all forget things sometimes. You'll get Boo's Riddler tights in a bunch and his head will swell again.

Then he'll share that horrible piccy as payback.

***Shudder***

Oh, and since we're being all nice and understanding here, SEND ME THAT FECKIN' SETUP!

Malakas.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

How is it that your charming and long suffering wife hasn't beaten you to death for the insurance money?

If she requires assistance in this matter, I'm sure we can find a few HUNDRED that will joyfully line up</font>

Anyone notice how testy all the assorted grogs, and outerboard posters are becoming lately?

It seems very sad that with all the turmoil in the world that people with a modicum of intelligence (not too many around here), would be spending more time with more serious pursuits, like real life, etc.

People are actually attacking each over things like the "chirping birds" "cowardly infantry","when is the patch coming out" and a myriad of other things, that I have not even encountered in any of the games I am playing. The whole forum seems to be becoming a giant MBT, and sadly the real MBT is a place to come for refuge, and a dose of real hatred, rather than the fake hatred out there. I think we should all get together and pummel PL to death, so Delaney can get the insurance, (if he has any), and she can throw us all a great big party after the patch comes out.

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Now , now, Pantry Raider. We all forget things sometimes. You'll get Boo's Riddler tights in a bunch and his head will swell again.

Malakas.</font>

Great. "Move into Pennsylvania and we can get away from the idjits in New Jersey", says the wife.

She forgot to mention it moved us closer to the cross-dressing, rock-polishing nitwits in Ohio.

Edited because I forgot to put "cross-dressing, rock-polishing" before the pejorative (and redundant) phrase "nitwits from Ohio".

[ November 18, 2002, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Delaney:

Hmmm...insurance money

Now, now, don't be hasty. Make sure you've taken out a supplementary term policy for, say, $2 million on him before you do anything.</font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

Great. "Move into Pennsylvania and we can get away from the idjits in New Jersey", says the wife.

She forgot to mention it moved us closer to the cross-dressing, rock-polishing nitwits in Ohio.

Edited because I forgot to put "cross-dressing, rock-polishing" before the pejorative (and redundant) phrase "nitwits from Ohio".

Dear Snooky, although I must praise your attempt to better your station by moving from Noo Joisey (State motto: Largest constantly burning gabage dump in North America), to the hills and valleys of Peng's home state. You failed to move west enough to be in the true land of milk and honey; Ohio.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

You failed to move west enough to be in the true land of milk and honey; Ohio.

The only good thing about Ohio (AKA West West Virginia) is the sign that says "Welcome to Indiana" (and just about the only good thing about Indiana is the sign that says "Welcome to Illinois").

Originally posted by athkatla:

How sad. A misquote repeated...

It's almost enough to make me want to start a few BB games, just to be able to give updates again....

Perhaps I will pick up the long-thrown CM:BO glove of Sir Speedbump instead.

"Yes....YES!!!! That is the equation! Survival... must cancel out programming."

(Can anyone identify that old Star Trek (original series) quote? Hmmm?)

Originally posted by dalem:

It's almost enough to make me want to start a few BB games, just to be able to give updates again....

Perhaps I will pick up the long-thrown CM:BO glove of Sir Speedbump instead.

"Yes....YES!!!! That is the equation! Survival... must cancel out programming."

(Can anyone identify that old Star Trek (original series) quote? Hmmm?)

Mind your own business, Mr. dalem. I'm sick of your half-breed interference! Do you hear!?

I'll slap you around in CMBB if you like. I promise to be gentle.

Originally posted by Marlow:

Mind your own business, Mr. dalem. I'm sick of your half-breed interference! Do you hear!?

I'll slap you around in CMBB if you like. I promise to be gentle.

Hah! You're a bigger geek than I am! Somehow. Andrea, kiss Marlow. Now, strike him.

And when the patch comes out I will dip my toe in agin' ya, Marlow. Sadly for me, not before then.