The peng challenge: escape from Stalingrad?

Mace

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mike:

Well some 30 years ago...31 now..I got a copy of "Purnell's History of WW2 "Specials" dealing with Tanks. In the middle (..the centre fold perhaps?! redface.gif ) was a 2 page spread of Russian equipment - T34/76, 76mm field gun, KV-1 and -2, SU-76 (not quite appropriate for 1941, but never mind) - all in plain steel grey.

Surprising you had that book. Even more surprising that someone in New Zealand actually stayed long enough at school to learn how to read.

Mace

PS Noba, I've just put you on my card list so I can ...*scribble scribble*... cross you off.

Originally posted by Mace:

why doesn't it surprise me that Macey didn't notice that I was talking about pictures???

ROFLMAO - oh I'll take the hit for this, but let it be known that while Mike-you-git only buys books for the pic's, Fly Spray doesn't buy books at all and doesn't know what a picture is!! lol

The blood pressure is fine, thanks for your concern (the pinot is doing a grand job on the 2nd bottle) and apparently in 11 minutes all your colons will be safe!!

Berli your services are needed on IM at present.

OGSF and the rest of you lot I have a game going with, I assume that we will be looking at a couple of weeks before we finish up our CMBO matches since I see negative turns in my inbox.

Isn't it just my luck. I logged on to the bbs and to get my mail yseterday evening right at the time the first of the attacks of the refresh monkeys was occurring, but could not play because I didn't want to try it over a modem connection.

Hmm

Download took 17 minutes 50 seconds from the Gamer's Hell mirror site. Enough time to put a pot of joe on Krups and shower the stink off.

Now wot's all this aboot a Peng thread?

Seanachai - you are worthless and weak. I have Elvis lined up for a double blind on the "medium" sized scenario. I say it would be a good idea for you to hold off on the "small" scenario and play ME.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah'm tha wun dwin all tha pullin', ye blouse-wearin' poodle walker!!

Now that we've got that little one-act play out the way, there is evidence on the OUTERBOARDS that you have finally "pulled" CMBB. And yet there is NO matching turn in my inbox. You wouldn't by any gamey chance be PLAYING that scenario through against the AI, would you?

[sneer] Hah! So CMBB is SOOOOoooo hard is it? Got to read the manual do you?[/sneer] Hah! I played the tutorial right out of the box and, using my customary tactics with only a few of the refinments that I mostly guessed at, whipped the Germans and gained a TOTAL, COMPLETE AND OVERWHELMING VICTORY against the AI. Okay it may not have been TECHNICALLY phrased that way but I could tell that BFC was just WAY impressed with my performance.

And may I say that the AI was nowhere near as annoying as YOU gits are.

That being said, I MAY be in the market for a PBEM game using one of the scenarios which I, UNLIKE SOME GAMEY BASTIGES (couStukagh), have not even peeked at yet ... on account of how I'm honorable and stuff.

I shall be entertaining offers here on the MBT as they are posted ... and NO it's NOT going to be first come first served damnit ... I'll choose my opponent using time tested CessPool methodology ... I'll toss a coin.

Joe

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah'm tha wun dwin all tha pullin', ye blouse-wearin' poodle walker!!

Now that we've got that little one-act play out the way, there is evidence on the OUTERBOARDS that you have finally "pulled" CMBB. And yet there is NO matching turn in my inbox. You wouldn't by any gamey chance be PLAYING that scenario through against the AI, would you?</font>

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Groundskeeper Willy:

Pickin' tha German's as GAMEY! Ah've noo doubt ye've held ye main force waill back as a poxy mobile reserrrve, ainly postin' tha odd LMG oot front tae reporrrt tha movemaints.

Oh, and dropping A HUNDRED SHELLS ON MY HEAD ON THE FIRST TURN isn't gamey? You area-firing, first-turn-bombardment-using bagpipe squeezer, I'll see your little human wave in HELL.

PS Joe, stop begging for a game already. It's unseemly for someone of your age and decrepitude.

[ September 01, 2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: PondScum ]

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Someone forgot to put the candle out in the other thread....

Well don't just stand there -- get over there and stand watch until it's done!

Yes, yes, hurry along lad -- we'll send someone with a padlock and keys soon enough.

Mind you don't leave that post unmanned, laddy!

Steve

Think he bought it?

Guest PondScum

CMBB UPDATES:

If you need a spoiler, keep reading. If you don't, then NO READING / NO WHINING.

Groundskeeper Willy has set up a massive right hook, is area-firing the heck out of my treeline, and is throwing in whatever artillery he's got too. We hates him. But his little right probe came up against ONE HMG and promptly hugged Mother Russia. Dear lord, these things are vicious.

The AI is kicking my butt in the tanks-vs-guns scenario. How the hell did the Russians win anything? Their guns suck, their optics suck, and I can't do a human wave with the AT rifle teams. BTS fix or do somefink.

{snipped unimportant whining and assorted Gaelic sputtering} ...

PS Joe, stop begging for a game already. It's unseemly for someone of your age and decrepitude.

BEGGING? Hardly that lad, I was offering the opportunity to one and all, and a more magnanimous gesture I can't think of what with a new demo and all.

But FINE ... I'm going to play one of the scenarios and THAT will reduce the chances of someone not having played a scenario previously that we can both play double blind by half ... uh ... oh who cares, you know what I mean.

Joe

Oh, and dropping A HUNDRED SHELLS ON MY HEAD ON THE FIRST TURN isn't gamey? You area-firing, first-turn-bombardment-using bagpipe squeezer, I'll see your little human wave in HELL.[/QB]

Tha didnae appear tae harrd, even fer yoo, ye camel's nostril evacuee. Gerbilfruiter Fritz trips, bumps haes stankin' MG-34 sae a random burrrst fires off, an' sixty thoosand poxy Russian's fall tae tha groond, break an' crawl awah!

Ye giblet.