volga operation

Just got CMBB and i tried the Volga Operation and its not suprisingly slow. I tried putting the resolution down to 800x600, and used the hotkey commands to lower the games graphics like fog effects, 3 man squad,details etc. Is there any way to get this operation running more smoothly or just fast computers can run it.

Im running:

Celeron 733

320 mb ram

64 mb geforce 2 mx pci

You can improve matters, but not by much. Expect (with a Celeron) 30-minute processing times for turns.

I have just upgraded my video card to a Ti4200 with 128MB RAM, which has improved gameplay no end (rest of system 850 Athlon, 512MB DDR) but I would recommend you steer clear of "To the Volga" until you have the equivalent of a Cray under your hood. smile.gif

I asked Berli what system he designed the scenario on, but I never got a reply, so I can't tell you how he playtested it. I'm pretty sure it was a Mac of some kind.

Originally posted by Soddball:

I asked Berli what system he designed the scenario on, but I never got a reply, so I can't tell you how he playtested it. I'm pretty sure it was a Mac of some kind.

Sorry, I thought I had answered you.

G4 800MHz with 32mb nVidia. I have successfully played turns on a G3 Powerbook 500MHz with 8mb ATI as well.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Sorry, I thought I had answered you.

G4 800MHz with 32mb nVidia. I have successfully played turns on a G3 Powerbook 500MHz with 8mb ATI as well.</font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

Roughly what length of time did turns take to process on the G4?

Actually, I don't know... I don't have the patience to watch it. I hit go and go watch TV for awhile. I play a turn a day (actually less than that now). I'm somewhere in the middle of battle 3

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Roughly what length of time did turns take to process on the G4?

Actually, I don't know... I don't have the patience to watch it. I hit go and go watch TV for awhile. I play a turn a day (actually less than that now). I'm somewhere in the middle of battle 3</font>