"Two Steps of Death" -thread

People are pouring in to the reserves and I am starting to entertain thought of yet another FK&C. Before launching it I need to know if people are actually playing or need to be replaced. You know how to contact me if people do not return your mails...

-T

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

Before launching it I need to know if people are actually playing or need to be replaced. You know how to contact me if people do not return your mails...

-T

I'm playing, I'm playing! I am just now making shipments back to my opponents. Have received mail from all four opponents and setups from three.

And yes I do not have anything to say really, just informing TraCtory that everything is going so far well for A2 Keltainen...I mean Allied A2.

-23 ItK 61

Originally posted by 23 ItK 61:

I'm playing, I'm playing! I am just now making shipments back to my opponents. Have received mail from all four opponents and setups from three.

And yes I do not have anything to say really, just informing TraCtory that everything is going so far well for A2 Keltainen...I mean Allied A2.

-23 ItK 61

I'll get you yet for the "TraCtory"... :mad:

And I did not add the yellow (keltainen = yellow in Finnish) for the code lad, you did :D

I guess the rest are too busy to post. Well, I hope they enjoy the games. There was a mix up with posting the set ups. I'm sure it got to the right track after some mailing and replying. Just to make it clear:

All FK&C I guys (marked with [?1] as in "Allied A1" or "Axis Y1") will play four games. Each one being a different scenario AND against a different opponent! Thus Allied A1 will play against all four Axis players marked with "1" but NOT against Axis players in FK&C II marked with "2"s.

If further mixups appear I'll send a personalized message for each player to clear this out.

Luckily most got it just right with their first attempts.

-T

Originally posted by Offwhite:

Woo hoo - two games already underway and two setups received this weekend. Will try to respond to all after work tonight.

Thanks again to TrajectOry for being the "guy behind the guy behind the guy."

Allied C1 a.k.a. ezp

:D Too many of us involved to even start naming names... :D

Yet I'm confident enough to produce these scenarios (Briefings are all my doing as "the team" agreed that they should be SHORT and ... :rolleyes: can't tell you yet, can I?) and receive all the flames from all the throwers you guys can carry.

Still I WOULD really much like to hear what you guys actually think about the scenarios. You know my mail (added my ICQ to the signature for active users of the ancient service)...

-T

[ July 22, 2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Traject0ry ]

Just an update from FK&C Axis X1 :

Mechanized Bushmen vs Allied B1 - round 9

Arch Enemies vs Allied A1 - round 6

April's Fool vs Allied C1 - round 2

Dies Irae vs Allied D1 - round 2

feverishly checking email,

Sripe

Originally posted by Sripe:

Just an update from FK&C Axis X1 :

Mechanized Bushmen vs Allied B1 - round 9

Arch Enemies vs Allied A1 - round 6

April's Fool vs Allied C1 - round 2

Dies Irae vs Allied D1 - round 2

feverishly checking email,

Sripe

Ahh, but what Sripe fails to mention is how badly his Mechanized Bushmen scenario is going against yours truly 'Allied B1'.

Imagine his bitter tears of disappointment as he lost that critical War-Elephant while I only lost three tanks in return (or was it four? a small detail).

Face it Sripe - it's the arithmetic of the frontier. Defeat is staring you in the face. At this exchange rate you will soon run out of ammo as the smoke from my burning hulks blinds your gunners' eyes.

The keystrokes you are groping for through the hurt and disapointment is Alt-U. And the other three of you will soon face the lash of my tactical genius as well. Mo ho ho ho ho... (pan to long haired cat on lap and fade to black)

[ July 22, 2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Determinant ]

Originally posted by Offwhite:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Determinant:

Imagine his bitter tears of disappointment as he lost that critical [item which I hope is soon edited out]

Ack! Watch the spoilers, please! :eek: </font>

Tee hee, looks like you lads are getting the hang of it. No strength in me to comment all the brilliant posts as they have actually started to pour in.

Good thing to have spoiler alarm switched on though :D

Remember lads. Your efforts are not compared to those of your opponents. When it comes to scoring all Allied players (and Axis similarly...) will add up their scores. The lad with the mightiest score to show (around 11 in FK&C and near 10054 in LFHB tongue.gif ) from the Allied players (and Axis once again) will continue to the final challenge.

As we shall have three Allied and three Axis players in the finals (FK&C I, FK&C II and LFHB) these will engage in three 4D (Death at Dawn Death by Dusk) scenarios (I'm the only one in the whole world providing 4D scenarios, enjoy the holograms :D ) which will determine the final winners - ONE Axis AND ONE Allied.

Thus having your face kicked in is not that bad (in the tournament, in RW it hurts quite a bit) - as long as the other guys are getting whacked up worse than you!

Enjoy the ride.

-T

[edited as I added the scoring rant here instead of making yet another post...]

[ July 23, 2002, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Traject0ry ]

Originally posted by Determinant:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Offwhite:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Determinant:

Imagine his bitter tears of disappointment as he lost that critical [item which I hope is soon edited out]

Ack! Watch the spoilers, please! :eek: </font>

Originally posted by Determinant:

Ahh, but what Sripe fails to mention is how badly his Mechanized Bushmen scenario is going against yours truly 'Allied B1'.

Imagine his bitter tears of disappointment as he lost that critical War-Elephant while I only lost three tanks in return (or was it four? a small detail).

Face it Sripe - it's the arithmetic of the frontier. Defeat is staring you in the face. At this exchange rate you will soon run out of ammo as the smoke from my burning hulks blinds your gunners' eyes.

The keystrokes you are groping for through the hurt and disapointment is Alt-U. And the other three of you will soon face the lash of my tactical genius as well. Mo ho ho ho ho... (pan to long haired cat on lap and fade to black)

If I manage this to the end and ever start another tourney you my lad should write the briefings smile.gif

-T

I've received mail from all 4 opponents and the setup for Dies Irae from Mike - I'll send my setup out this pm.

I'll be away from today until Monday 29th for some extended wedding celebrations (not mine, though I'm best man for the big guy) :D

Originally posted by Wojtek:

I've received mail from all 4 opponents and the setup for Dies Irae from Mike - I'll send my setup out this pm.

I'll be away from today until Monday 29th for some extended wedding celebrations (not mine, though I'm best man for the big guy) :D

Good job sharing your unavailability with the rest of us smile.gif

Keep in mind that it IS stated in the rules... ...though nobody knows what happens if you break the rules :confused: . *Sigh* back to the rules design department and more red tape comin' up :( ...

-T

Important notice:

LFHB Allied C (Packman64@msn.com) is about to drop out from the tournament due to technical problems (PC scudded!) :(:(:(:(:(

Reserves have been notified (Thank God I have four in line...) and the first in line has 48 hours to report.

-T

Status update:

FK&C II

Allied:

marko.m.honkanen@welho.com (Allied A2) (that's me!)

Axis:

mike_the_wino@softhome.net (Axis W2) -> has internet connection problems, estimated fix by July 25th

josbornesprint11@earthlink.net (Axis X2) -> has sent a taunting pre-war message but no files yet :confused:

gpaull@pacbell.net (Axis Y2) -> rolling rolling rolling :cool:

mikecampbell@paradise.net.nz (Axis Z2) -> in pursuit of his apparently fleeing troops :D

BR,

23 ItK 61 (Allied A2)

Status update:

FK&C II

Allied:

Axis:

mike_the_wino@softhome.net (Axis W2) -> has internet connection problems, estimated fix by July 25th

josbornesprint11@earthlink.net (Axis X2) -> has sent a taunting pre-war message but no files yet :confused:

gpaull@pacbell.net (Axis Y2) -> rolling rolling rolling :cool:

mikecampbell@paradise.net.nz (Axis Z2) -> in pursuit of his apparently fleeing troops :D

BR,

23 ItK 61 (Allied A2)

Hey Guys,

Having allot of work to do. I WILL get the setups to the players of FK&C II. As soon as possible.

John

Status update:

23 ItK 61 (Allied A2)

Yeah - right - I thought your massed armour was running away from my uberhamster panzer!! lol

And hang on, but aren't my troops running TOWARDS you??!! ;)

Status update:

FK&C II

Allied:

Axis:

BR,

23 ItK 61 (Allied A2)

How was that email that I sent to you and other players that I have to play against "Taunting"? This is what I sent
"Just to let you know. I will be sending my first turn to you by this weekend to kick this game off"
If you want some taunting. I can give you some taunting. I'm ready to kick some butt :D

Ozzy Marko is a bit of a taunt free zone really - I mean he atually uses tactics like running away behind smoke when he only outnumbers you 3:1, scouting and other groggish wastes of time.

I think he forgets that the games are only 25 turns long and expects to win because we, his opponents, will all have died of old age before we get to "kill" any of his pixellated little men.

But appart from that he seems like a nice bloke! :D

Originally posted by Mike:

I think he forgets that the games are only 25 turns long and expects to win because we, his opponents, will all have died of old age before we get to "kill" any of his pixellated little men.

Now you know what "Information Warfare" means...no info, no war. ;)

23 ItK 61