Grog Defined: An Independent Film (or..."Is that ME on film?")

Greets:

Just a quick heads-up for some of the grogs out there.

An enterprising fellow wargamer has apparently just completed a very interesting short indy film called: "The Problem With Mr. Darby".

Watch this very cute 20-minute film for free. According to the filmmaker, it was "WWII/wargaming inspired" and he believes it would be appreciated by quite "a number of you in the wargaming community."

Check it out at:

The Problem With Mr. Darby

(also at: Alternate Streaming/Download Site )

Sorry to sound like such an advertisement, but the d*mn thing is absolutely hilarious if you're a grog at heart. Give this guy a break (and some credit); watch this little film and giggle your ass off. :D

Of course, it might just look like they filmed YOU at home. Hehe.

- Holzem

I think the purpose of the cleaning ladies was to show how out of connection with reality our grog was. Rather than deal with the real world, he hides. It costs him, but its the price he pays to stay in his fantasy. Thats how I took it.

Only a serious grog would find that funny...I did. I most certianly think that way in my wargames, but I rarely vocalize it. Also, alcohol doesn't lead to out and out halucinations of a conquering foe. ;)

Great piece.

Bah, you haven't seen "Grog" until you've talked to scale modelers:

"You idiot! Everyone knows that the Tiger I mounted the HTX47-E2 type shovel!"

"There! I have now modeled every single Tiger Tank ever produced by Nazi Germany during WWII!"

I swear, If I ever see another Panther/Tiger kit again, I'll puke my guts out.

Originally posted by wadepm:

Anyone notice he was using the map from Avalon Hill's Russian Campaign?

Yes -- fond memories of the Kaunas stampede!

He was using the figurines from Axis & Allies, as well.

Steve

[ September 18, 2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Does anyone recognice the ending piece of the movie? I mean the one that was also in Steel Panthers CD as backround music. I recogniced Brhams Hungarian Dance No.5 with no problems and Jalousie by Jacob Gade with some searching but I cant find the name for that one piece. So if anyone of you know the name of the last piece I would appriciate if you could share the knowlidge with me.

-TNT-

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

I was wondering about the background gun noise - I know I have heard it somewhere in a wargame. It sounds like a slow-firing MG or something.

PL:

I thought I recognized it, too. Sounded like the background sounds from one of the John Tiller Games (Panzer Campaigns.... or perhaps the Campaign Series).