.cmb files..? help.

Do these new scenarios eg. Reissberg., work for the demo or just the full game.? put them into the scenario folder with the other .cmb files but no luck =(..anyone know what wrong ., wrong folder ., need patch or somthing ?..full version..any of the above ..? Please help..thx

Guest TURBO

I believe riessberg and last defence only work in the beta demo, but will be included in the full version also.

TURBO is correct. CM has had 2 incarnations so far (well, 3 counting the Alpha demo but we slackass posterboys didn't get that one):

Beta Demo

Gold Demo (what'll be on the CD)

The scenarios included with the Beta are totally incompatible with the Gold/full version and vice/versa. Do not attempt to mix n match scenario files.

Even Close Encounter, which was originally seen in the Beta, must be played from the file included with the Gold demo. It may be the same map/forces/etc, but the Beta version of Close Encounter will not work with the Gold, and vice/versa.

DjB

HMM.. i tried the REISSBERG level ..and nothing =(...I have only the beta demo it still doesent seem to recognize Reissberg..when i start up the game it only shows chance encounter and valley of trouble.

they go in the scenario folder correct ..? thats where the other 2 are..ill try again .but arrrgghh... thx for replying wink.gif

Guest Madmatt

Prophet,

It wont work so you can stop trying.

The GOLD demo ONLY works with the new version of CE and VoT.

The Old demo ONLY works with Riesberg, Last Defense and the OLD version of CE.

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prophet:

HMM.. i tried the REISBERG level ..and nothing =(...I have only the beta demo it still doesent seem to recognize Reissberg..when i start up the game it only shows chance encounter and valley of trouble.

they go in the scenario folder correct ..? thats where the other 2 are..ill try again .but arrrgghh... thx for replying wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me try, Matt. smile.gif

No Prophet, what you have is the GOLD DEMO. It came out this time last month. The only scenarios that work with it are the ones that came with it: Chance Encounter and Valley of Trouble.

The BETA DEMO came out last November and included two scenarios: Last Defense and Reisberg. Then BTS released a third scenario, Chance Encounter. The same one that is in the Gold Demo.

But NOTE: The Gold Demo's Chance Encounter has been reworked for the gold code. The Beta Chance Encounter will not work with the Gold Demo. File format is different.

**Joke Alert**

The Beta Demo was the one that had really ****ty graphics and got really ****ty gas mileage. tongue.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Now from what I understand is that the Beta Demo's two original scenarios: Last Defense and Reisberg will be on the final game CD. Now then, the two Gold scenarios: Chance Encounter and Valley of Trouble WILL BE transferable to the final version.

Hope this helps.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-18-2000).]

Thanks for the info Maximus ., yea turns out we have the gold demo so my bro informed me wink.gif..and yes youre right none of these cmb. scenario files will work wit hit ;( ..damn...GUESS ILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE REAL DEAL.. thx again ., P.