"Sparkling" grass grahics, Hate it!

I don't like any of the new grass files. With the rez at 1024x768, if I use the new grass textures, the graphics sparkle when you rotate the camera. Man do I hate that! I think the only way to fix that would be to use FSAA on the card...... Any ideas? I can take havin the trees sparkle, but not the whole damn screen! I can't be the only one to have sparkling textures, can I? I'm sure that this must be normal.........

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Yep...

I'm afraid that 'sparklies', along with 'jaggies' and 'crawlies', are horrid graphic problems that 3d gamers have been putting up with for some time now.

The only cure at the moment as TeAcH says, is Full Scene Anti Aliasing...

Go get that Voodoo 5 card guys. (or the right drivers for a Geforce) wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MacX (edited 08-28-2000).]

Trust me, I've been gaming for over 15 years now, I know all about those sparkling graphics. I'm hoping my Geforce 2 card will be able to meet the FSAA requirements, although I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm waiting for a new mobo that will support 4x AGP, by current PIII BX board is garbage.....

I'm happy with the default grass, really. It's lower rez allows for easier siting of the troops without the strain of trying to see them through the sparkles.....

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"