Peng Tripods: Challenging The Myth

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

The Duke was a Marlboro man.

Of course he was, yes I see it now, all that dressing up as a cowboy, all that leather, all those lonely cow-pokes out there on the prarie, how could El Duko have ever stuck a Camel into his mouth while there were all those Marlboro Men around?

Lets be thankful old J.E.Hoover was too busy organising presidential assassinations and blonde actress hits to notice eh?

Otherwise there would have been Berli to pay.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I one Joe's dentures

I two Joe's dentures

I three Joe's dentures

I four Joe's dentures

I five Joe's dentures

I six Joe's dentures

I seven Joe's dentures</font>

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Who didn't have the yarbles to start it himself

I was busy working my yarbles off today. As some of us do for a living, instead of just sitting around sheathed in smoke on a throne of damned souls, doodling in the dust with a red-hot pitchfork.

Anyway. I gave the title to Seanachai as a setup, but did he take advantage of it? Did he hell (ahem). Can't even trust an Auld Sot to do the right thing these days.

Okay, Boo i'm not dying fast enough Radley . Are we using the msn account or what? All the email I send keeps bouncing back. The files aren't even that big anymore, due to your never-fecking-ending artillery. Give a guy a dozen F.O.s, and he thinks he has to actually use every last shell. Sheesh.

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Okay, Boo i'm not dying fast enough Radley . Are we using the msn account or what? All the email I send keeps bouncing back. The files aren't even that big anymore, due to your never-fecking-ending artillery. Give a guy a dozen F.O.s, and he thinks he has to actually use every last shell. Sheesh.

Oh, I'm sorry! I was under the mistaken idea that we were each supposed to try to win! Whoa, my bad. If I'd known that you were using the French as your paradigm instead of the Germans, I would be playing in an entirely different manner. I'd still be winning, but perhaps with a bit more elan.

As for the bouncing...I don't know, the zip file you sent earlier came through without a hitch. MSN blows big chunks, that's all I can say.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Oh, I'm sorry! I was under the mistaken idea that we were each supposed to try to win! Whoa, my bad.

Yeah, your bad. I refer you to The Rules , as originally posted by The Justicar hisownself.

"{Don't} think that just because you're good at CM that you have a place HERE! We don't care ... we care about taunting, insulting and generally being Gamey, underhanded swine. That's right ... GAMEY ... we LIKE GAMEY because the Outerboards DON'T."

Get with the program, you non-gamey, ladder playing type. Next step is grogdom, and you're perilously close, bub.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Oh, I'm sorry! I was under the mistaken idea that we were each supposed to try to win! Whoa, my bad.

Yeah, your bad. I refer you to The Rules , as originally posted by The Justicar hisownself.

"{Don't} think that just because you're good at CM that you have a place HERE! We don't care ... we care about taunting, insulting and generally being Gamey, underhanded swine. That's right ... GAMEY ... we LIKE GAMEY because the Outerboards DON'T."

Get with the program, you non-gamey, ladder playing type. Next step is grogdom, and you're perilously close, bub.</font>

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

.bmp? .jpg? .gif? .grog

Yeknod Mono-drone de Lurk

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Them's fightin' words, lad. Accusin' a 'Pooler of being a grog is tantamount to questioning his lineage during his wedding -- not a wise idea.

Like any other disease or blight, you must be eradicated. I challenge you, backwards ass, to a double blind scenario. I would ask the Justicar to serve as my second. Name yours and let's get down to the business of killing you.

Steve

From this belly I form me honk and with sinews wrought in fisted knots a roar will cleave the Earth you tread, so slight, so dainty so barely stroked, it pleads for gnomes and lesser folk.

And with me trumpet, with me wail I'll smite the billow from yer cheeks and dry the spittle that bears the sound of empty prattle and half-laments.

Me rash is true, me ears erect, I stand to take yer flopsy blows and in this paddock, this Albion dear, I build this pyre to rest yer head and bake yer toes to Sister Sledge.

[sigh] ... I care not for marriage or lineage but I do demand that you woo me on yer knees.

Now, that said, to matters. Me second. I seek someone given to fairness, dispassionate consideration, lofty intellect, calmness in the heat of battle and unparalleled communication skills. Me Liege, swift and shiny boot, OGSF, will be me second to counter this shifty brood of... tripod sniffers.

Yeknod Mono-drone de Lurk

[ April 19, 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

... Get with the program, you non-gamey, ladder playing type. Next step is grogdom, and you're perilously close, bub.

Now see? You're not even taunting. Next, you'll be telling me that you're going to "get me at recess".

And did you call me "bub"? What am I, one of your bulbous, long-neck-swilling teamster cronies?

And to think that it's come to this after all the good times we've had. It just breaks a guys heart...

Memories.....like the corners of my head...

Memories.....like the corners of my head...

Your penchant for quoting the music of screech-owls (namely Bawbwa) is merely an indication that the gerbils in the exercise wheel you pass for a brain have indeed died. One can occasionally hear the rattle of their little bones as an errant breeze stirs the wind-tunnel connecting your ears, but one cannot but help arrive at the conclusion that "They're dead, Jim."

Originally posted by Croda :

What an SSN. He actually read the rules!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Sir Croda , I always read everything posted in the One True Thread . If only to scan for that one small mistake, the tiniest fault, in order to exploit the weakness of the poster. For it is in taking advantage of the blunder, that one may climb upon the shoulders of others. Forcing their heads beneath the morass, one may stand as a giant. Besides, I like to laugh at some people's spelling.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda :

What an SSN. He actually read the rules!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Sir Croda , I always read everything posted in the One True Thread . If only to scan for that one small mistake, the tiniest fault, in order to exploit the weakness of the poster. For it is in taking advantage of the blunder, that one may climb upon the shoulders of others. Forcing their heads beneath the morass, one may stand as a giant. Besides, I like to laugh at some people's spelling.</font>

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

... and if a D_Pleted Geranium were to come my way I'd have to pass it through me bowels.

Give it good sniff while making sure I step on the fragile stem in case it lurched forward and got up me nose. Then and quick *slabber* *slobber* *slabber* *slurp* with me tongue to juice it up, nibble its tender roots and then tear off its head and toss it around the paddock.

Is the sniff before or after it passed through your bowels?

Originally posted by dalem:

Why Can't My Troops Run with Bren Tripods?

Berli Quoted:

"tripods were in widespread use by grogs as anal probes"

Does that answer your inane query, you.....you {gag}<U>grog-wannabe</U>?

Damn it Seanachai. I suspected using that thread title would ultimately come to this! Not only has it re-ignited the smouldering <SMALL>grog<BIG> fires WITHIN the {unmentionable <SMALL>groggy<BIG> thread of like name}, thus lifting that sad excuse for a thread ABOVE this hallowed of halloweds, but now we have errant Cessfolk leaning the wrong way to *BOOT*!!

Oh, the utter debilitating SHAME of it....

Berli, My Noblest Of Lieges - where will this end???

AJ

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Berli Quoted:

"tripods were in widespread use by grogs as anal probes"

Does that answer your inane query, you.....you {gag}<U>grog-wannabe</U>?

Damn it Seanachai. I suspected using that thread title would ultimately come to this! Not only has it re-ignited the smouldering <SMALL>grog<BIG> fires WITHIN the {unmentionable <SMALL>groggy<BIG> thread of like name}, thus lifting that sad excuse for a thread ABOVE this hallowed of halloweds, but now we have errant Cessfolk leaning the wrong way to *BOOT*!!

Oh, the utter debilitating SHAME of it....

Berli, My Noblest Of Lieges - where will this end???

AJ</font>

Originally posted by Insane Donkey:

... and if a D_Pleted Geranium were to come my way I'd have to pass it through me bowels.

I'm just not quite sure what to do with this one. You see, I have no desire whatsoever to ever be anywhere near your bowels. And, all the slobbering is just plain disgusting. I'm starting to feel the unease that my Lord felt when faced with the attentions of this errant equine. Positively horrible.

Sir Hiram, I'll trade you all your Monday's for the ability to rid myself of this 4 legged stalker.

Because they keep getting them tangled up in their skirts, would be my guess.</font>

Originally posted by dalem :

Are you talking to me?

Seeing as he saw fit to quote you, I'd say that was a very good guess. Man, the kniggits just ain't what they ustabe. Now go put on your jammies, it's bed time for little ones.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Because they keep getting them tangled up in their skirts, would be my guess.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Insane Donkey:

I'm just not quite sure what to do with this one. You see, I have no desire whatsoever to ever be anywhere near your bowels. And, all the slobbering is just plain disgusting. I'm starting to feel the unease that my Lord felt when faced with the attentions of this errant equine. Positively horrible.

Sir Hiram, I'll trade you all your Monday's for the ability to rid myself of this 4 legged stalker.</font>

Originally posted by Croda:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

JOHN WAYNE'S BEST PERFORMANCE WAS "SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON"

The best part about people who like to be wrong, is when they screamingly announce it to the masses.

What you meant to say, you withered, weed of a man, is that 'She Wore a Yellow Ribbon' is one of John Wayne's best performances, surpassed only 'The Searchers' and rivalled only by ... 'The Quiet Man', ....

</font>