To Peng, or not to Peng, that is the Challenge

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone mention Vegemite?

http://www.vegemite.com.au/media/Vegesong2.wav

Cheery Nobbits. Pathetic.

I wouldn’t be cheery if I was eating it 10,564 miles away. I’m not 10,564 miles away so I couldn’t be eating it, as SOME suggest. And I wouldn’t be cheery even if I was a bit closer than 10,564 miles with a jar of Vegemite stuck on me nose, especially near Nobbits.

Not that it really matters if someone mistakenly locates a jar of Vegemite by around half the circumference of the world. They would have to be very PARAMETERLESS to do that. I mean, being 10,564 miles wrong is all good and well for Nobbits. That’s why we put them there so that they can be wrong on the other side of world where no one will notice.

And mistaking a jar of Vegemite for a jar of Marmite, far superior in every way to the tat that’s churned out 10,564 miles away, deepens me mood. Me, with me brain the size of a colossus and a chafing skin rash reduced to sorting out someone’s PARAMETERS and HEMESPHERES.

Yeknod Mono-drone de Lurk

Noba, send me a setup. With sugar on top.
Ahh Dalem, as posted, I am indeed squire to Slapdragon, a veritable paragon of virtue and far superior to your grungly self in all aspects of living.

I will certainly send you a setup...would you like that with Wedding Cake on top ? I have just recovered from passing the hand of my Daughter in Marriage, to a lucky man from overseas. Long may they live happily together.

Now, where was I. A setup will wend it's electronic way to you just as soon as I can clear the backlog on this blurred keyboard.

{see, I told you it is blurred}

Noba.

[ April 28, 2002, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Noba ]

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Did someone mention Veganamite?

Nope. Not I. But I <U>WILL</U> mention this - SEND ME THE NEXT FECKIN' TURN YA' FLEA-BITTEN, MORONICALLY MISERABLE MISTAKE FER A MULE!!

There. That should just about do it.

AJ

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Did someone mention Veganamite?

Nope. Not I. But I <U>WILL</U> mention this - SEND ME THE NEXT FECKIN' TURN YA' FLEA-BITTEN, MORONICALLY MISERABLE MISTAKE FER A MULE!!

There. That should just about do it.

AJ</font>

Dear Hammerheads,

I need two things.

First, Stuka and I played a GREAT scenario to a draw and need another good for for a rematch. Someone hook us up.

Second, it is time to take on another of you scum. I currently only have 2 files in my PBEM folder which means I am only playing 2 games. Time for one of you cowards to step up to the plate.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

<font size="-1">An' here's the Berli! Lookit that! You can't barely see the sod, can yer?! Comes with refillable smoke pellets, so it does.</font>

Yeknod!

I know I have mentioned this to you before... DO NOT sell any more of those damned Berli figurines. i will not stand of Evil being comercialized. Want to sell Buddy Jesus statues, fine, but leave MY domain out!</font>

From another Thread......

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis:

Sometimes it's nice to complain a bit, it makes one feel better, so I went ahead and complained.

And sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut.

Beavis you are dribbling........

And to think this thread started out so well. Persephone nice choice of curtains and for a little while the pool smelled like a breath of fresh air, guess that's the womans touch.

Guest PondScum

Another victory for the forces of liberty, egality, and unshaven legs! Yes, the remnants of two platoons of veteran French waiters have fought off the Boche SMG hordes (and a lot of nasty 120mm mortar shells) to take possession of a flagpole somewhere in north-west Europe, aided and abetted by having the only clanketty things left moving on the battlefield.

Sadly, mon petite liege was commanding the French in this game. The gamey swine.

I hate Microsoft with a new vengeance. I think I even hate it more than I hate Mouse.

I haven't returned any turns to my current opponents (OGSF, dalem, MrSpkr, Moriarty) because I have been afflicted by a virus. I'm afraid I may have passed it on to others. If you have ever played a scenario with me (i.e., your address would be in my address book), you might want to check out http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.gen@mm.html.

Apparently this is what I get for not immediately reinstalling my virus protection stuff after re-installing the windows OS. It's also what I get for being semi-literate in computer matters. {holding cd to forhead} "I see a hard drive reformat in my future."

I apologize if I've infected anyone else, and will return to a vehement hatred of you all as soon as my system is once again functional. Until then, lick a rock!

[ April 28, 2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Leeo ]

Originally posted by Sgt. Beavis:

Crap.

I blame this all on you, Seanachai. For too long you have called for dispensers of twaddle and grogspeak from the outer boards to post in here, the Muthah Beautiful Thread.

I had hoped that you would eventually come to what sense you have and cease this pointlessness. I now see I was wrong. As a fool returneth to his folly, as a dog returneth to its vomit, so you have returned to inviting and inciting Outer Boarders to our haven (What's that? No, Joe, I said 'haven', not 'heaven'. What? Yes, yes, I'm QUITE sure I wouldn't confuse the two.)

You sheltered and nurtured Mouse at a time before Coventry existed. You declared Coventry on 'Butthead's Boyfriend', then decided to address him in the MBT. You have invited maple-grogs, pommies, pooftas and other useless grog-a-philes to pollute our foul Cess with with their 'My 75mm longer than your 10.5!' 'Yeah? Well my 10.5 is thicker!' tripe.

In addition to the foregoing, I have it on good authority that your most fervent desire is to be either French or Odztraylyun.

I call you out, Seanachai. It is time to pay for your crimes, you morally vapid, mentally challenged spawn of Bozo.

Choose your poison, and send me a setup.

Steve

Oh yes Leeo, well done indeed lad. Not sure exactly how since I'd not be seen dead anywhere near your Current or Past PBEM Opponents list, but I received a lovely little package in my email today that contained the very item you speak of.

LUCKILY I managed to invest in an up-to-date virus checker that caught the little blighter, squealing and squalling and spitting as it attempted to sink it's fangs into my hard drive, but I instructed The Mighty Norton (named, no doubt, for that inimitable Sewer Worker of the same name of "The Honeymooners" fame) to stomp on it until there was no life left in that fetid little carcass.

Still, I shall remember from whence it came, oh yes, Leeo, I SHALL remember.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh yes Leeo, well done indeed lad. Not sure exactly how since I'd not be seen dead anywhere near your Current or Past PBEM Opponents list, but I received a lovely little package in my email today that contained the very item you speak of.

LUCKILY I managed to invest in an up-to-date virus checker that caught the little blighter, squealing and squalling and spitting as it attempted to sink it's fangs into my hard drive, but I instructed The Mighty Norton (named, no doubt, for that inimitable Sewer Worker of the same name of "The Honeymooners" fame) to stomp on it until there was no life left in that fetid little carcass.

Still, I shall remember from whence it came, oh yes, Leeo, I SHALL remember.

Joe

Perfect, you poofta! I hope you do remember, and I hope your last, chest rattling and phlegm laced utterance includes a curse upon the name of Leeo, for then will I know that my life's goal were met. You are a dingleberry on the dog's ass of life, and to cause you the slightest concern is pure proof of existence's import.

<big>REMEMBER</big>, Joe, remember, for it is upon the fields of pixelated truth that I will dismember you, and allow the grog-crows of yore to pick your bones. Indeed, I shall guide them in with luminescent paddles in each hand as they "call the ball," in effect turning and diving to your emasculation.

Furthermore, I am pissed at ed norton as well, for verily, it will not install properly, though all evidence of the "klez" has been removed from my system. Indeed, it is your poor timing to cast aspersions upon mine-self, as I am a seething pot of malt-liquored-fueled frustration.

"STAND BACK!" I say, for you shall be smitten by my ultimate contempt and hatred of all things "Paned", if you get the frickken drift. I'd ask you to choose seconds and all that crap, but I really can't be bothered now, as my sanity is needed to attempt repair of my "Oh-So-Fragile" OS.

So, Joe Xia, I'd love to reach out and slap you silly, but it will have to wait until the sledgehammer of my my computer skills has fixed or permanently broken my computer.

And just 'cause I've given Ol' Joe a glimpse of my hatred's measure, it doesn't mean I hate the rest of you one iota less.

pillocks.

{If this is edited, it is because my javascript crap ain't working either, so I can't "preview post." Deal with it.}

{Told ya so}

[ April 28, 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Leeo ]

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Hammerheads,

I need two things.

First, Stuka and I played a GREAT scenario to a draw and need another good for for a rematch. Someone hook us up.

Second, it is time to take on another of you scum. I currently only have 2 files in my PBEM folder which means I am only playing 2 games. Time for one of you cowards to step up to the plate. Love,

Elvis

STEEEEEE..RIKE!! 3 and yer out, SWIVELHIPS... Prepare your pixelpansies to die a most 'orrible and unseemly death. Oh? What's that? You don't know how to start a game? Someone else has to DO IT ALL FOR YOU???

For Chrisl sake! Alright then, since you insist on being spoonerfed, check yer ruddy e-mail. Oh, and just to set yer mind "at ease", I have the latest NAV updates scanning my outgoings. Bloody worm infestations will drive us all nuts!

AJ

Did I crush the wailing, dancing Seanachai into gnome-dust? Did I gamely hold on in the face of ridiculous AI force picks and Gnomish cheat spells? Did I manage even a Draw for my stout Defense? No. I await redress.

Did my ex squire Pondscum fall under the hammerblow of righteousness? Yes. House Persiflage is made stronger by his pain and degradation.

Did Speedbump put up a fight worthy of a drowned kitten? Did he hike up his skirts and sit down to pee like a woman, offering me his Surrender? Oh my, yes.

[ April 29, 2002, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: dalem ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

<font size="-1">I call you out, Seanachai. It is time to pay for your crimes, you morally vapid, mentally challenged spawn of Bozo.</font>

Oh no you don't! You ain't layin' the blame on me for that one. Berli had me fixed. Besides, any puppies of mine wouldn't be that ugly

Indeed, it is your poor timing to cast aspersions upon mine-self, as I am a seething pot of malt-liquored-fueled frustration.
Poor timing? I think not, infested one. For is it not said, The early bird catches the worm (get it ... virus ... worm?) And is it not also said No time like the present and finally, and most telling to my mind, There is NO bad time to insult Leeo. Granted the last isn't in quite the same common usage as the others, but give it time lad, give it time.

As to a game with mine own good self ... YOU WISH!

Joe

To be or not to be, that is the question, whether 'till better to suffer the drivel and inanity of SSN posters, or to squash them like a bug, that is the question.

Hey Speedy , I saw your post in the last thread, what were you doing to get the illegal message?, you have a current email from our game, don't you??. Or perhaps it was just your typical Down under ISP cockup, remember, you don't need to attached stamps to your screen to send an email. Just to stay current, I updated my email in the profile here, in case that triggered your problem.

To stay in character, you all are potty heads, and your mother dresses you funny. And Llleeeooo ( I wasn't sure of the number of letters required, I trust this covers it). Where is our rematch? I promise I will buy some armour this time. :D

Here is my token post for this Peng thread. Glad to see Persephone start one. I’ll be a bit distracted the next two weeks, so turns will probably go out when I send them. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. If you are curious about my current situation, you can email me. I don’t feel like posting the details in here anymore.

Dear Aussia Jeff,

I have been thinking about the PBEM file you sent me and I have decided that I will play it. Despite the fact that you created the scenario AND have given me the defense. Not only do you know what troops I have been given and where reinforcements may or may not be entering but because I am on the defensive you have an excellent idea of where I have set up since you designed the setup positions.

I shall beat you at your own game.

Love,

Elvis

Just goes to show you, the nicer you try to make it, the quicker some brainless yob will rush in to bollocks the whole thing up. Nice try anyway Persephone.

Now for those of you anxiously awaiting my return following a work imposed absence, I can say that Berli has been delivering more than Mondays around here lately. The very day after I had finished my recent major project and could return to the head of the Army of Scaliness, the HD on my Powerbook has gone out and fails to mount (hear that bauhaus he said it). So, it will be a number of days, or even perhaps a week until you receive your file-o-hot-steaming-death from this end.

Carry on. Like you needed to be told.