To Peng, or not to Peng, that is the Challenge

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lorak:

Got some bone chips removed from my ankle.

Lightning blew up my new PC.. (insurance finally came through last week).

Lorak

Translation: C'est Bon says: Larry, you turn on the friggin' computer one more time to play CM or [ahem]that other unmentionable game involving flying thingies[/ahem] and I'll put a brick through the monitor and break yer ankle.

lol,

Thanks for the welcome back guys.

Just been really busy.

Got some bone chips removed from my ankle.

Lightning blew up my new PC.. (insurance finally came through last week).

Starting to get addicted to auto-cross and thrashing around pilons.

Oh, and work has gotten a lot worse...ect...ect..

Hell, I say this everytime I come back. But damnit!! hopefully things have evened out around here to where I can post more regularly.

Lorak

Here, everyone, the Lorak's back! He speaks for the trees! (and every bloody time you come back, we're going to trot that damn thing out and make a point of it, as well).

Good to see you back. You should be contacting Persephone. We've got bucketloads of new photos of otherwise useless swine that need to be immortalized.

JonS wanders past and notices this ...

Originally stammered by Seanachai:

Here, everyone, the Lorak's back!

That's at least the second redundant thing you've said in this thread. Are you doing an impersonation of John Nash or Iris Murdoch, or sumfink? Inquiring minds want to know.

JonS wanders, on muttering about the decline and fall of Ye Olde Ones

Originally posted by Elvis:

Not since Kitty tried to get me by giving me conscript Poles and she had Vet German armor has someone tried to so blatantly try to cheat their way into a win.

*boot* That's my lady *boot* that you're talking about *boot*. Dame Kitty does not cheat, but she does like to make a point every now and then. *boot*

Mace

[ April 30, 2002, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Guest PondScum

The AI is my new Special Friend, for it gave me two 25pdr FO's with which to attack MrSpkr. "Wait!", I hear the grogs amongst you cry (and I know you're there, hiding 'midst the swill), "Wait! The 25pdr is criminally undermodelled! It has the reaction time of Joe, and its dribble of pathetic shells is like unto the maulings of Yeknodathon. It is as useless as a legless Stuka."

And yes, all this is true. But I have two of the little beauties, and the AI saw fit to give MrSpkr conscript troops. If these toothless old buffers see a shell burst on a distant hill, they drop their Mausers and fill their pants. If one actually lands NEAR them, they flap their arms and flee from their foxholes, waves of them, like sheep from Mace. And I never knew the true joy of a "creeping barrage" until this game. Twenty turns of shells, falling like rain on his troops. Oh, how we laugh as they play "how many routed squads can you fit in a building?". Oh, how we roll in the aisles as Mr 95mm Churchill comes knocking on the door. Oh, how we snort up our crumpets and tea when they go to ground in the trees, only to be spurred into action again en masse by a single desultory rifle shot.

Is there gloating in House Persiflage?

Will Grandpa not be coming home tonight?

Does MrSpkr regret having insisted on this setup?

Oh yes. With bells on.

Speedy will be visiting us shortly with an announcement.

However, it's not an important announcement so when he appears, I want everyone to close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears, and go Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala while he speaks.

Mace

Lalalalalalal...... hang on thats not right.

..Ahem..

In that horrible, pro-allied scenario titled Dornot Bridgehead the uber Speedy Germans contemptuously ( there's a big word for ya ) inflicted a crushing defeat upon Maces' American flock.

And just a reminder to those that may have forgotten this is the same scenario in which AJ, as the Gremans, was defeated in 7? turns by the diseased one Leo, I think.

[edited because I am Australian and therefore illiterate]

[ April 30, 2002, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

fι∫ ænd t∫ιp

How's that?

Now, tell us what the number after five is. I would have said "the number one higher than the number of digits on your left hand, but with you there's no telling what that might be.

Edit: Eye dun't sbell zo guid lite ut nite

[ April 30, 2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by Mace:

<font size="-1">*boot* That's my lady *boot* that you're talking about *boot*. Dame Kitty does not cheat, but she does like to make a point every now and then. *boot*</font>

That is some of the most pathetic booting I have ever seen. If you're gonna put the *BOOT* in, then for Evil's sake, PUT IT IN!

Originally posted by Speedy:

Lalalalalalal...... hang on thats not right.

..Ahem..

In that horrible, pro-allied scenario titled Dornot Bridgehead the uber Speedy Germans contemptuously ( there's a big word for ya ) inflicted a crushing defeat upon Maces' American flock.

And just a reminder to those that may have forgotten this is the same scenario in which AJ, as the Gremans, was defeated in 7? turns by the diseased one Leo, I think.

[edited because I am Australian and therefore illiterate]

How in the heck did you screw that one up Mace? It was like shooting fish in a barrel (or the proverbial frog in a bucket).

Of course, you weren't playing AussieJeff.

Boo: Just how evil are you guys? We're on move 11 or 12 of a 20 move game and we have yet to run into each other! This game is about as enjoyable as shaving your hinder and squatting in a bowl of gin!
Ahhh, another satisfied customer, wouldn't you say, Berli?

It's this kind of testimonial that really keeps me in scenario design despite all the other pressures of life. Boo, I think it's time you played "Where Eagles Dare" as the Germans against, say, Croda.

[ April 30, 2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Goanna ]

Originally posted by Goanna:

Ahhh, another satisfied customer, wouldn't you say, Berli?

It's this kind of testimonial that really keeps me in scenario design despite all the other pressures of life. Boo, I think it's time you played "Where Eagles Dare" as the Germans against, say, Croda.

...................... BULLETIN..........................

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has determined that the maximum safe load capacity on my hinder is 10 persons at one time, unless I install handrails or safety straps. As you have arrived eleventh in line to ride my butt today, please take a number and wait your turn.

Thank You.

[ April 30, 2002, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by PondScum:

The AI is my new Special Friend, for it gave me two 25pdr FO's with which to attack MrSpkr. "Wait!", I hear the grogs amongst you cry (and I know you're there, hiding 'midst the swill), "Wait! The 25pdr is criminally undermodelled! It has the reaction time of Joe, and its dribble of pathetic shells is like unto the maulings of Yeknodathon. It is as useless as a legless Stuka."

And yes, all this is true. But I have two of the little beauties, and the AI saw fit to give MrSpkr conscript troops. If these toothless old buffers see a shell burst on a distant hill, they drop their Mausers and fill their pants. If one actually lands NEAR them, they flap their arms and flee from their foxholes, waves of them, like sheep from Mace. And I never knew the true joy of a "creeping barrage" until this game. Twenty turns of shells, falling like rain on his troops. Oh, how we laugh as they play "how many routed squads can you fit in a building?". Oh, how we roll in the aisles as Mr 95mm Churchill comes knocking on the door. Oh, how we snort up our crumpets and tea when they go to ground in the trees, only to be spurred into action again en masse by a single desultory rifle shot.

Is there gloating in House Persiflage?

Will Grandpa not be coming home tonight?

Does MrSpkr regret having insisted on this setup?

Oh yes. With bells on.

As they say, the proof is in the movies!

When it's all over, we will all be expecting several turn files and a password.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

As they say, the proof is in the movies!

Until then, here's half a minute from the latest turn.

24 seconds: "Hey Hans, that building must be a safe place - look at all our friends in there!"

second24.JPG

31 seconds: "Achtung, Hans! Panzer! PANZER MIT EINEM GROSSENBOOMENKANNON!"

second31.JPG

47 seconds: "Keep running, Hans <*puff*> <*pant*> I think the bullets are gaining on us!"

second47.JPG

ok,

Since I haven't been around in a while.

Could someone post a list of the names that need to be added to the site?

Like to get it updated soon, since I'll be heading out for another auto-x event on thrusday.

Lorak

Lorak, I don't know if this list is complete but here goes:

Pondscum - Knight

Yeknodathon - Squire

Diceman - Squire

Sledge59 - Squire

Noba - Squire

BooRadley - Squire

AussieJeff - Squire

R_Leete - Squire

Persephone

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lorak:

ok,

Since I haven't been around in a while.

Could someone post a list of the names that need to be added to the site?

Like to get it updated soon, since I'll be heading out for another auto-x event on thrusday.

Lorak

Lorak, I don't know if this list is complete but here goes:

Pondscum - Knight

Yeknodathon - Squire

Diceman - Squire

Sledge59 - Squire

Noba - Squire

BooRadley - Squire

AussieJeff - Squire

R_Leete - Squire

Persephone</font>

Originally posted by dalem:

Lorak-

Please add

Croda - El Supremo Poop-Head of the First Order

M'Lud Croda. As I am already engaged in battle with that mentally unbalanced Hee-Haw reject known as dalem, is there anything specific you would like me to do to him? Beyond ripping him asunder, that is. That's pretty much a given. Shall I make his defeat as bitter as a salt filled pancake laid upon the body-politic of a great nation? Shall I assemble his cleaned bones into an amusing free-form sculpture? Do you wish him to bring you breakfast in bed dressed in a skimpy French maid's costume?

Your wish is my command.

Originally posted by PondScum:

I was hoping that we would see chrisl immortalized, but alas it was not to be. We shall have to make do with him au naturelle:

You seem to be the first one involved in the battles for Peng's name who could figure out how to do a yahoo search under my name. All the Olde Ones had plenty of opportunity. No wonder you're working for the truly evil one in Redmond (compared to whom Berli looks like a rank amateur). Will wonders never cease.

I'm back, after some absence due to moving and other obligations. Unfortunately I was set up in the battle against Pondscum, and beaten by his FO from Redmond (lucky for him it's a good thing when artillery shells crash). I seem to recall that it was Moriarty who created that monstrosity, entertaining though it was. He wasn't honorable enough to set it up unfairly in my favor, like he was when I won Peng's name in the first place. I'll have to get revenge at some point in the not too distant future.

I haven't bothered to catch of on the drivel that you all have posted since I last deigned to look in here. I only stopped by because I was foolish enough to read the whole thread about accuracy of main battle tanks. I thought the title might be a secret code for the MBT, but I was mistaken. I will be traumatized for quite some time as a result.

[ May 01, 2002, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: chrisl ]

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Aussie Jeff, why aren't you stomping CMplayer's teeth in?

I'm sorry to report that in our match spawned at Berli's request Aussie Jeff is suffering from a severe case of the brew-ups, and appears to have stopped sending turns. But if I do manage to sustain any casualties I'll write about it here to give Berli his vicarious jollies.