Frequently-Asked Questions - Combat Mission - Barbarossa to Berlin

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Flips a coin as to cast a vote as to which forum exercise is more pathetic: trying to keeping this thread "bumped up" in the CMBB forum morass, or the recent "Agony Aunt" Seanachai attempt to morph into the late Ann Landers.

tongue.gif

Anyway......

Now hopefully getting the attention of the right Hon. Soddball, who is proving to be an added BF bulwark of support with his desire to preserve a CMBB "FAQ" for the newcomers, I must advise this: it's an exercise that will eventually grow tedious. Sure, the FAQ post with the useful content leads off, as with some other good following tidbits. But in a forum where so many other random subjects pop up as topic threads due to high forum participation, the greater likelihood is for the FAQ to "get lost in the shuffle" from the less attentive.

So......proposed are the following two as options:

1) Ask if the forum moderator (Kwazydog or whoever) can "sticky" the thread to the top of the first page. This is done in other forums for strategy games like CivIII or the EU series. I don't know if UBB allows this option, however.

2) Ask that a "FAQ" link and FAQ page be imbedded as part of the home page for CMBB. Sure, it's a bit of added work in web site design, but it's good business. Many game sites I've visited in the past will have a FAQ link on the home page, recognizing that many prospective customers are going to look there first to seek some added background info.

Anyway, Soddball, good spirit in trying to keep up a FAQ spot for the newcomers. But this is one thing (IMO) for which BF should make some added consideration to "host" somewhere in a more obvious way.