RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part V)

Hi John! Good to hear you're in.

Mr Spkr and Jarmo,

I sent you both an email regarding your game, but I'm not sure either one of you can receive it. I'd like to see all games finished by September 30th. Since I cannot communicate with Mr Spkr this may be difficult if I need to take over the game. Perhaps I should play both sides? Sub-optimal, but how else do we finish the game? How's your internet problem coming, Jarmo?

a1steaks and Pixelmaster,

Email has been sent regarding your game. A1steaks' email is not working for me. I probably have an old address. I will take over for him if necessary.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Hi John! Good to hear you're in.

Mr Spkr and Jarmo,

I sent you both an email regarding your game, but I'm not sure either one of you can receive it. I'd like to see all games finished by September 30th. Since I cannot communicate with Mr Spkr this may be difficult if I need to take over the game. Perhaps I should play both sides? Sub-optimal, but how else do we finish the game? How's your internet problem coming, Jarmo?

Never got the email.

We may have to do this one TCP/IP this weekend.

Steve

Aah, I see Mike8g is in for the finals. Excellent!

Mr Spkr,

This weekend is shot for me unless we do it fairly late Sunday night, like about 2130. I believe we're in the same time zone. Jarmo is still SOL on internet, eh? How many turns are we looking at?

AARs are due September 30th!! I need them to do the scoring. If you're still playing a game, then write as you go if you want to do an AAR for it.

Treeburst155 out.

Jon S,

You MAY get more time than that for the AARs. All I need is for them to be ready when I'm ready to crunch the scores. You should plan on September 30th, but I'll accept them for points later than that, if I'm not ready to crunch scores at that time.

Wow! Lots of finalists. This is excellent. I will need to work in multiples of four. If there are odd people they can still play the scenarios, they just won't have a schedule. They can just play any scenario with anybody in the group.

I still get their scores for the median. There just won't be any "section winner" in the odd section. Hmmm...what if I have 17 people? Four groups of four with an odd man. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Aah, I see Mike8g is in for the finals. Excellent!

Mr Spkr,

This weekend is shot for me unless we do it fairly late Sunday night, like about 2130. I believe we're in the same time zone. Jarmo is still SOL on internet, eh? How many turns are we looking at?

AARs are due September 30th!! I need them to do the scoring. If you're still playing a game, then write as you go if you want to do an AAR for it.

Treeburst155 out.

I am not sure, but I think Jarmo wants to try and finish it I think, but he is running a bit slow. His email is intermittent at best.

If not, we can try and do a TCP/IP Sunday night - - - there are only a few turns left and he is dying-a-lot right now.

Steve

a1steaks,

I sent it to the Pacbell address. It could have been a temporary problem, or your ISP may be blocking me out. That's been happening a lot to me lately. Everybody's ISP thinks I'm a SPAMMER. :(

Good to hear you're on track. Remember, you only have six days to go.

Treeburst155 out.

Mr Spkr,

Ok, I'm going to leave you and Jarmo alone for now, but remember, only six days left. Oh, let's do that French attack of mine TCP/IP someday. I'll save file #35. We're really going to have a bloody fight in that one soon.

Treeburst155 out.

Hi Mike. Just to let you know that my final game with Tabpub has finally been completed and that is it for me...finally!

I'll be sending the 4 AAR's I owe you asap to finish off the commitment. Would you mind emailing me the various results for each game completed to date? The email address in my profile is till the correct one.

Oh, and one more thing. Please put me down for the next mini-campaign involving the 3 new B&T scenario's. It sounds like fun. And I promise to complete them in a more timely manner, all things being equal. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Treeburst155

Still no response from Rat. All emails sent him are coming back undeliverable.

I included you on my last attempt so you should now have the latest game file. Your call. Do what you've got to do.

Also, I am definitely available, eager and willing, for second round play if needed. Besides, Jeb may need another easy victory. :D

Kanonier,

Scoresheet as of the 17th is on the way. I haven't updated my text version of the spreadsheet since then, and nobody can open my Microsoft Works files. You'll get enough scores to get an idea of how you did.

Heavy Drop,

I didn't receive an email from you with the turn. :( I did receive an email from you yesterday however. Try sending the turn again to mikeman@cablelynx.com. As of now, I'm taking over for Rat.

Heavy Drop,

I just received email from Rat. He wants to finish Another Day with you, and will try to make the deadline.

Kanonier,

No go on the email with scoresheet attached. I absolutely cannot send email to you. I can receive however. The problem and symptoms are exactly like the ones I'm having with Mr Spkr.

Treeburst155 out.

TabPub,

Excellent! Thanks.

To All,

We may have to extend the deadline for battle completion (therefore AARs too) for a couple very good reasons IMO. The first is my work schedule, and the second is that there are a couple of very good games going on that got behind due to ISP/internet connection hassles. I REALLY hate to take over a good contest where the outcome is not already obvious from the perspective of the player I am replacing. All the games I have taken over so far were basically over when I got them.

All unfinished games at this point are either being played by me, with quick turnaround opponents; or are progressing as fast as Real Life will allow the combatants to go. They are doing the best they can, so we will wait IF necessary for an additional week.

Treeburst155 out.