Peng west of the Pecos: The Challenge goes to Texas

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CMplayer:

He looks like Gilligan with a goatee.

They don't let you out very often, do they?

Well, it's probably all for the best.</font>

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

You never let the bleedin obvious escape you, do you CMplayer?</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

You never let the bleedin obvious escape you, do you CMplayer?</font>

the love I hold in my left hand is a featureless lump

I didn't know you were left handed, Boo.

I'd say, not that my opinion matters, but with regards to the business at hand; your rambling babble and babbling rant which I've so mercifully abridged amounts to about a pissboy's worth of gall and an SSN's worth of wit.

The latest crop of SSNs and squires (to which company you belong) are all lazy, unoriginal, unfunny sycophants who merely flatter ye Olde Ones by holding a cracked mirror up to the shadows of their former selves. That's right, it's derivative, second hand, byzantine, form-ridden, crystalized 'Cess Kitsch is what it is, and you're one of the worst. {the second worst, to be exact, after my AI-impersonating adversary AussieJeff]

In fact the only people here doing anything original these days are that shaggy cave-dwelling Scot and little old moi.

So sure, go ahead, be knighted, see if I care. You'll be in good company with the other justicar-whipped yesmen.

I'd say, not that my opinion matters, but with regards to the business at hand; your rambling babble and babbling rant which I've so mercifully abridged amounts to about a pissboy's worth of gall and an SSN's worth of wit.

The latest crop of SSNs and squires (to which company you belong) are all lazy, unoriginal, unfunny sycophants who merely flatter ye Olde Ones by holding a cracked mirror up to the shadows of their former selves. That's right, it's derivative, second hand, byzantine, form-ridden, crystalized 'Cess Kitsch is what it is, and you're one of the worst. {the second worst, to be exact, after my AI-impersonating adversary AussieJeff]

In fact the only people here doing anything original these days are that shaggy cave-dwelling Scot and little old moi.

So sure, go ahead, be knighted, see if I care. You'll be in good company with the other justicar-whipped yesmen.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

No, you Swedish meatball, it's BOB DENVER in a goatee. Gilligan was Bob Denver on an island with MaryAnn ... ummmmmmm, MaryAnn.

I really thought you were joshin' me, Joe. But 5 seconds of googlin' put me straight. By any chance is that the same Bob Denver as was the singer?

Because I never actually owned any of that crooner's albums, or even went to any of his concerts or even payed attention when he was on TV. I didn't even hum along when he was on the radio which was far too often for my taste. And when we had song-time in school, and his stuff came up I went so far as to refuse to participate. So I think it ought to be a forgivable emission on my part, or omission or admission {whatever it's called] not to know it was him.

Now MaryAnn's another emission altogether.

No, you Swedish meatball, it's BOB DENVER in a goatee. Gilligan was Bob Denver on an island with MaryAnn ... ummmmmmm, MaryAnn.

I really thought you were joshin' me, Joe. But 5 seconds of googlin' put me straight. By any chance is that the same Bob Denver as was the singer?

Because I never actually owned any of that crooner's albums, or even went to any of his concerts or even payed attention when he was on TV. I didn't even hum along when he was on the radio which was far too often for my taste. And when we had song-time in school, and his stuff came up I went so far as to refuse to participate. So I think it ought to be a forgivable emission on my part, or omission or admission {whatever it's called] not to know it was him.

Now MaryAnn's another emission altogether.

So sure, go ahead, be knighted, see if I care. You'll be in good company with the other justicar-whipped yesmen.</font>

So sure, go ahead, be knighted, see if I care. You'll be in good company with the other justicar-whipped yesmen.</font>

...Dobie Gillis fan clubs springing up all over the country like poisoned toadstools. Frank Faylen becoming a cultural icon...that kind of thing.

Well Boo, I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but we have plenty of our own home-grown Swedish TV-nerds to worship. Yes it's true. Difficult as it may be to believe, Swedes can be nerdy too.

</font>

...Dobie Gillis fan clubs springing up all over the country like poisoned toadstools. Frank Faylen becoming a cultural icon...that kind of thing.

Well Boo, I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but we have plenty of our own home-grown Swedish TV-nerds to worship. Yes it's true. Difficult as it may be to believe, Swedes can be nerdy too.

</font>

I've seen more originality from my dog when she chooses to lick from the left side rather than the right ... and it's a damn sight more entertaining than...

Most people have to pay for that sort of entertainment. You must have one hell of a smart dog.

I've seen more originality from my dog when she chooses to lick from the left side rather than the right ... and it's a damn sight more entertaining than...

Most people have to pay for that sort of entertainment. You must have one hell of a smart dog.

But seriously now Joe (and please note the correct spelling, since I hereby break with my corrupt and phoney Liege) [serious] Your work to maintain 'Cessual standards has been noted and appreciated even by those of us down here on the factory floor so to speak. Us little buggers, still floating our way up towards that greenish murky light...we...ahh shaddap *slap*!

See it's getting to where a guy has to abuse himself around here.

*boot*.

Right, where was I. Dammit, I agree Joe! This place is all worm-eaten to hell. [/serious]

(now please don't take that as suckin up like. The last thing I'd want is a little rapprochement or voulez vous with any o' you types)

But seriously now Joe (and please note the correct spelling, since I hereby break with my corrupt and phoney Liege) [serious] Your work to maintain 'Cessual standards has been noted and appreciated even by those of us down here on the factory floor so to speak. Us little buggers, still floating our way up towards that greenish murky light...we...ahh shaddap *slap*!

See it's getting to where a guy has to abuse himself around here.

*boot*.

Right, where was I. Dammit, I agree Joe! This place is all worm-eaten to hell. [/serious]

(now please don't take that as suckin up like. The last thing I'd want is a little rapprochement or voulez vous with any o' you types)

All right, all and sundry flotsam, jetsam, and floaty bits.

I have now successfully killed my home computer. The evil that was within exists no more. I am, however, still in the process of gathering all the drivers, signalers, pilots, protocols, back-seat drivers, and programs necessary for me to revive the Combat Mission processing beast. It is nearly godlike, I tell ya, to be able to turn a smoothly operating logic device into a silicon paper-weight.

Any-who, I will hopefully have effected complete repairs after this weekend, at which point I will post to ask all my (tardily)current opponents (OGSF, Moriarty, Wildman, MrSpkr, others?) to send their last turns.

You may all now return to your back-biting, crotch-sniffing, glad-handed posturing.

All right, all and sundry flotsam, jetsam, and floaty bits.

I have now successfully killed my home computer. The evil that was within exists no more. I am, however, still in the process of gathering all the drivers, signalers, pilots, protocols, back-seat drivers, and programs necessary for me to revive the Combat Mission processing beast. It is nearly godlike, I tell ya, to be able to turn a smoothly operating logic device into a silicon paper-weight.

Any-who, I will hopefully have effected complete repairs after this weekend, at which point I will post to ask all my (tardily)current opponents (OGSF, Moriarty, Wildman, MrSpkr, others?) to send their last turns.

You may all now return to your back-biting, crotch-sniffing, glad-handed posturing.