Peng west of the Pecos: The Challenge goes to Texas

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Raise ye cups tae Sir Yeknod o' tha Thistle, a Kanniget o' tha Cess an' sae on.

Really? Where is he then? Hasn't been around here for a while now has he? That's the problem with Squires these days, no stick-to-it-iveness. Do we really want another absentee Knight? I think not.

Let him show up again, and proclaim that he won't just run off as the whim strikes and I'll support the motion, otherwise my duty as Justicar is clear.

Joe</font>

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Raise ye cups tae Sir Yeknod o' tha Thistle, a Kanniget o' tha Cess an' sae on.

Really? Where is he then? Hasn't been around here for a while now has he? That's the problem with Squires these days, no stick-to-it-iveness. Do we really want another absentee Knight? I think not.

Let him show up again, and proclaim that he won't just run off as the whim strikes and I'll support the motion, otherwise my duty as Justicar is clear.

Joe</font>

And as for support-it-ingly-ness me motions.
Ah well, he DID show up at last then. Completely befuddled of course, but then we've come to expect that. I'll admit that I was aginst this from the beginning and made no bones of it, but Patch is not to be gainsayed (yes, it WAS her all along, she's just naturally kind to stray cats, dogs and idiot donkeys I suppose). Nonetheless I AM Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and therefore, much as it pains me ...

Welcome Sir Yeknodathon to the ranks of Knights of the CessPool!

{sigh}

Joe

And as for support-it-ingly-ness me motions.
Ah well, he DID show up at last then. Completely befuddled of course, but then we've come to expect that. I'll admit that I was aginst this from the beginning and made no bones of it, but Patch is not to be gainsayed (yes, it WAS her all along, she's just naturally kind to stray cats, dogs and idiot donkeys I suppose). Nonetheless I AM Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and therefore, much as it pains me ...

Welcome Sir Yeknodathon to the ranks of Knights of the CessPool!

{sigh}

Joe

Originally posted by Some Infantile Old HandJob:

</font>

• Sod off.</font>
  • Tell us more about this deal with Cuba. How much rum would we get?</font></font>

You!! hahaha you get no rum. The only way you are ever going to get any is if you walk through my masterful defensive lines. the rum shall be kept at the last flag.

[ May 09, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Patgod ]

Originally posted by Some Infantile Old HandJob:

</font>

• Sod off.</font>
  • Tell us more about this deal with Cuba. How much rum would we get?</font></font>

You!! hahaha you get no rum. The only way you are ever going to get any is if you walk through my masterful defensive lines. the rum shall be kept at the last flag.

[ May 09, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Patgod ]

Oh, and now for an off-topic post.

I would put this in the off-topic forum... but honestly I don't care what people not of the pool think.

I know there are several in the pool that are into RPG games also. I picked up Morrowind last night. This game rocks. Yes it is only single player, but if you have the machine...the graphics kick major arse.

OK, now onto CM related matters, Also spent about 2 hours last night downloading graphic mods to get CM back to normal. Almost there!

I now return you back to your lives of sewing socks that smell.

Lorak the loathed.

Oh, and now for an off-topic post.

I would put this in the off-topic forum... but honestly I don't care what people not of the pool think.

I know there are several in the pool that are into RPG games also. I picked up Morrowind last night. This game rocks. Yes it is only single player, but if you have the machine...the graphics kick major arse.

OK, now onto CM related matters, Also spent about 2 hours last night downloading graphic mods to get CM back to normal. Almost there!

I now return you back to your lives of sewing socks that smell.

Lorak the loathed.

Persephone

posted May 08, 2002 08:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Croda:

Which of the Olde and Entitled would have my squire extraordinaire Boo_Radley raised to the coveted and despisèd level of Kanigget of the Cesspool?

He has expressed the ability to taunt without the backing of CM-related skill.

He has sounded off with a pair and has sodded off (in Mace's area I hope) when required.

He has tackled squirely jousts 'gainst lesser beings.

In short, he has become one of us, though why he felt compelled to I cannot begin to surmise.

Let's have the vote then.

I think Boo Radley is ready to lose his Squirehood. I vote in favor of making him a Kanigget.

-------------------------------------------------

Ah wid vote fer tha wretched goat stroker tae bae promoted tae Kanneget as waill, despite haim bein' tha squireling tae tha filthy Croda wha' Ah hate an' despise.

Persephone

posted May 08, 2002 08:36 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Croda:

Which of the Olde and Entitled would have my squire extraordinaire Boo_Radley raised to the coveted and despisèd level of Kanigget of the Cesspool?

He has expressed the ability to taunt without the backing of CM-related skill.

He has sounded off with a pair and has sodded off (in Mace's area I hope) when required.

He has tackled squirely jousts 'gainst lesser beings.

In short, he has become one of us, though why he felt compelled to I cannot begin to surmise.

Let's have the vote then.

I think Boo Radley is ready to lose his Squirehood. I vote in favor of making him a Kanigget.

Ah wid vote fer tha wretched goat stroker tae bae promoted tae Kanneget as waill, despite haim bein' tha squireling tae tha filthy Croda wha' Ah hate an' despise.

I realize, as being just a lowly squire, and to Gnome Seanachai as well, that my vote doesn't count for anything. But I'm a gonna stuff the ballot box anyway. And I'll probably get writer's cramp from forging Shaw's signature, but I can make a hell of a lot of those X's before the quill runs dry.

Boo_Radley is a lowdown, good for nothing Croda boot licker. In his spare time he touches photos {ewww}, and collects rocks. ("Hey, look! A shiny one! That ought to impress the local bowery boys.") He sends turns far too frequently for any self-respecting 'pooler, and accompanies each and every one with pertinent comments.

In spite of it all, he continues to post in a generally amusing way, and is continuing to die-a-lot in the most spectacular fashion, al la Croda-bleaurg . I say, knight the smelly bastid already, and be done with it. Such a simple lad will be welcome cannon fodder come the next big crusade.

I realize, as being just a lowly squire, and to Gnome Seanachai as well, that my vote doesn't count for anything. But I'm a gonna stuff the ballot box anyway. And I'll probably get writer's cramp from forging Shaw's signature, but I can make a hell of a lot of those X's before the quill runs dry.

Boo_Radley is a lowdown, good for nothing Croda boot licker. In his spare time he touches photos {ewww}, and collects rocks. ("Hey, look! A shiny one! That ought to impress the local bowery boys.") He sends turns far too frequently for any self-respecting 'pooler, and accompanies each and every one with pertinent comments.

In spite of it all, he continues to post in a generally amusing way, and is continuing to die-a-lot in the most spectacular fashion, al la Croda-bleaurg . I say, knight the smelly bastid already, and be done with it. Such a simple lad will be welcome cannon fodder come the next big crusade.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Sae at as written, sae as at done! Wi' mah mighty heeland chaist puffed oot ain pride, an' a wee tear ain tha corner o' mah eye, at's mah solemn duty tae acknowlaidge tha wisdom an' authority o' Lord Lorak tha Loathed an' usher mae squire Idjit Yeknodathon aintae Kannigethood....BOOT!!

Raise ye cups tae Sir Yeknod o' tha Thistle, a Kanniget o' tha Cess an' sae on.

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

Bah! A bloody pox on the both of you an' may your wee Span'l, doubtless the only one with any sense, pee in your cups.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Sae at as written, sae as at done! Wi' mah mighty heeland chaist puffed oot ain pride, an' a wee tear ain tha corner o' mah eye, at's mah solemn duty tae acknowlaidge tha wisdom an' authority o' Lord Lorak tha Loathed an' usher mae squire Idjit Yeknodathon aintae Kannigethood....BOOT!!

Raise ye cups tae Sir Yeknod o' tha Thistle, a Kanniget o' tha Cess an' sae on.

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

Bah! A bloody pox on the both of you an' may your wee Span'l, doubtless the only one with any sense, pee in your cups.

Originally posted by OGSF

--------------------

Sir OGSF, Knight Commander of the Order of Robert Burns, Jimmy

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Faint praise, yet it thunders in my ears. Let it be known that the love I hold in my heart for all of you is second only to my love for going to a dentist who frequently has blood in his hair, or my love of blue haired ladies that park their grocery carts diagonally across the store aisle while they attemp to determine which brand of Metamucil-type product has the most fiber. Or like the up and coming, fast track, young exec. who cuts me off in traffic because trying to talk on his cell phone, check out his new caps in the rear view mirror and maneuver his Cadillac SUV is far too much for that featureless lump of excreta he has the audacity to call a brain to handle. Not to mention my love for telemarketers who have forced me to screen all calls, thereby making my family think I'm some kind of hermit, paranoid, future pipe bomber...well, they have other reasons beyond the telemarketers to think that, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M LETTING THOSE BASTARDS OFF THE HOOK, NO SIRREE! NOT TO MENTION MY DEEP ABIDING LOVE FOR COUNTER PERSONS WHO ASK FOR YOUR ORDER, ONLY TO TURN AWAY AND YELL AT SOME OTHER RHODES SCHOLAR WORKING THE DEEP FRYER, MAKING YOU REPEAT YOUR ORDER AND EVEN WHEN YOU ASK FOR IT "TO GO", THEY'LL STILL ASK IF YOU'RE DINING IN...pant, pant, pant, wheeze...

Where was I? Oh yeah, I love you all unconditionally even though I trust you all just about as far as I could throw a King Tiger...with my left hand.

Originally posted by OGSF

--------------------

Sir OGSF, Knight Commander of the Order of Robert Burns, Jimmy

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Faint praise, yet it thunders in my ears. Let it be known that the love I hold in my heart for all of you is second only to my love for going to a dentist who frequently has blood in his hair, or my love of blue haired ladies that park their grocery carts diagonally across the store aisle while they attemp to determine which brand of Metamucil-type product has the most fiber. Or like the up and coming, fast track, young exec. who cuts me off in traffic because trying to talk on his cell phone, check out his new caps in the rear view mirror and maneuver his Cadillac SUV is far too much for that featureless lump of excreta he has the audacity to call a brain to handle. Not to mention my love for telemarketers who have forced me to screen all calls, thereby making my family think I'm some kind of hermit, paranoid, future pipe bomber...well, they have other reasons beyond the telemarketers to think that, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M LETTING THOSE BASTARDS OFF THE HOOK, NO SIRREE! NOT TO MENTION MY DEEP ABIDING LOVE FOR COUNTER PERSONS WHO ASK FOR YOUR ORDER, ONLY TO TURN AWAY AND YELL AT SOME OTHER RHODES SCHOLAR WORKING THE DEEP FRYER, MAKING YOU REPEAT YOUR ORDER AND EVEN WHEN YOU ASK FOR IT "TO GO", THEY'LL STILL ASK IF YOU'RE DINING IN...pant, pant, pant, wheeze...

Where was I? Oh yeah, I love you all unconditionally even though I trust you all just about as far as I could throw a King Tiger...with my left hand.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CMplayer:

He looks like Gilligan with a goatee.

They don't let you out very often, do they?

Well, it's probably all for the best.</font>