Peng west of the Pecos: The Challenge goes to Texas

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

"This title is so lame..."

You could be right. The missus was, err, distracting me when I came up with it (back off, Mace, and take Bauhaus with you).

I think I'll make a slight adjustment (no, not to THAT!).

That's better.

And now, for Updates:

Pondscum (a more apt name I have never heard) has already boasted of his great victory - two companies of British stormtroopers, backep up by two(!) Churchills, a pair of Daimlers, and, oh yes, TWO 25# batteries on a small map vs. computer picked conscript Volksturmgrandpapas, with lots of daisy chain mines and NO AP mines. I'm just happy to have evacuated 65 of my men from the field of battle.

Mouse surrendered, saying I broke his computer or somefink.

Speedbump and I are in a deep snow race -- I have six turns for my three green infantry companies to push his platoon of regulars off the map. Oh yeah, the gamey bastiche just blew up one of my carriers with a mortar he CLAIMS he forgot until this turn. Gamey hacking bastiche.

Mace has fallen for the oldest trick in the book.

"Look, is that your sheep over there?"

"Where?"

{BOOM}

Repeat ad nauseum.

Lars gamely shot one of my King Tigers through TWO large heavy buildings. The other one has thus far turned half of the Third Army motor pool into scrap metal. Serves him right.

FlossieJeff is proving the old adage "He who dies most, must be French". The hardest part about this 'fight' is settling arguments between my men regarding credit for the kills.

Yeknodathon and I have not started our match as Joe and OhGollymiSsFolly have yet to forward a suitable map and force selection. In fact, they have yet to forward ANY map or force selection.

Y'all sod off now, y'hear.

Steve

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

"This title is so lame..."

You could be right. The missus was, err, distracting me when I came up with it (back off, Mace, and take Bauhaus with you).

I think I'll make a slight adjustment (no, not to THAT!).

That's better.

And now, for Updates:

Pondscum (a more apt name I have never heard) has already boasted of his great victory - two companies of British stormtroopers, backep up by two(!) Churchills, a pair of Daimlers, and, oh yes, TWO 25# batteries on a small map vs. computer picked conscript Volksturmgrandpapas, with lots of daisy chain mines and NO AP mines. I'm just happy to have evacuated 65 of my men from the field of battle.

Mouse surrendered, saying I broke his computer or somefink.

Speedbump and I are in a deep snow race -- I have six turns for my three green infantry companies to push his platoon of regulars off the map. Oh yeah, the gamey bastiche just blew up one of my carriers with a mortar he CLAIMS he forgot until this turn. Gamey hacking bastiche.

Mace has fallen for the oldest trick in the book.

"Look, is that your sheep over there?"

"Where?"

{BOOM}

Repeat ad nauseum.

Lars gamely shot one of my King Tigers through TWO large heavy buildings. The other one has thus far turned half of the Third Army motor pool into scrap metal. Serves him right.

FlossieJeff is proving the old adage "He who dies most, must be French". The hardest part about this 'fight' is settling arguments between my men regarding credit for the kills.

Yeknodathon and I have not started our match as Joe and OhGollymiSsFolly have yet to forward a suitable map and force selection. In fact, they have yet to forward ANY map or force selection.

Y'all sod off now, y'hear.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Tha's noo hoo at as at all, laddie. Tha map were saint tae Sir Yeknod a couple o' days agoo...

Hae tells mae heae rrreceived at an' will gi at tae ye as soon as Real Life settle doon a wee bit.

Sae ye kin sit on ye haid an' farrrt laddie.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Tha's noo hoo at as at all, laddie. Tha map were saint tae Sir Yeknod a couple o' days agoo...

Hae tells mae heae rrreceived at an' will gi at tae ye as soon as Real Life settle doon a wee bit.

Sae ye kin sit on ye haid an' farrrt laddie.

Originally posted by Lars:

If you're going to keep changing the thread title, MrSpkr, how about "Peng and the Cerebrally Challenged who stayed behind at the Alamo".

I thought about something along those lines, but I just couldn't picture Peng in a coonskin cap. Perhaps Persephone could help?

Steve

Originally posted by Lars:

If you're going to keep changing the thread title, MrSpkr, how about "Peng and the Cerebrally Challenged who stayed behind at the Alamo".

I thought about something along those lines, but I just couldn't picture Peng in a coonskin cap. Perhaps Persephone could help?

Steve

Originally posted by Lorak:

While I think Persephone is a fine judge of character. I am not so sure of Boo_Radley. I haven't been around enough to judge him (not his fault), but I would prefer a couple more post in his favor. Or against him too...

Lorak

Other than the nearby chirping of crickets and the distant sound of artillery, silence dominates the night.

The Squire, dressed in his least patched homespun has stood diligently all night and is willing to stand for a fortnight if need be.

But, he feels that it will avail him not.

Turning away, his head downcast in sorrow, the squire prepares for the long trek home.

So engrossed in his own sorrow, he is unaware of the person quietly approaching, until that person speaks,

"All things come to he who has patience."

Leaping into the air, the squire exclaims: "HOLY CRAP! You damn near gave me a coronary, sneaking up like that! Who the hell do you think you are anyway, Bub?"

The stranger speaks: "I am the shade of Benjamin Disraeli and I come to tell you that every thing comes..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I caught that part at the matinee. So this is it, huh? I bust my hump and the best hallucination I can work up is some toffey-nosed git of an ex-PM whose not even American and has less business being here than a blonde hair in a sumo wrestlers diaper."

"Hey, it's not my fault." countered Disraeli, "I got called in, everybody else already had gigs for the evening."

Disregarding the remark with a wave of his hand, the squire sneers, "That's a lousy excuse, I think I deserve someone who at least has SOMETHING in common with me!"

"Oh, sorry, but Maynard G. Crebs had a previous engagement."

"Oh very, very cute Dizzy-boy. Why don't you take that comment and stuff it in that bag you made famous."

"THAT'S GLADSTONE, YOU IMBECILE!"

At which point,Disraeli leaps upon the squire and begins to pummel him with a signed copy of his autobiography.

"Ow, ow, ow, that's heavy...why did it have to be the annotated version? Ow, ow, ow, it's a good thing I've developed calluses on my head from my lord Croda's gentle ministrations.

As the former Prime minister chases the squire across the Godot-like landscape, the spring breeze quietly whispers "Sod off."

Originally posted by Lorak:

While I think Persephone is a fine judge of character. I am not so sure of Boo_Radley. I haven't been around enough to judge him (not his fault), but I would prefer a couple more post in his favor. Or against him too...

Lorak

Other than the nearby chirping of crickets and the distant sound of artillery, silence dominates the night.

The Squire, dressed in his least patched homespun has stood diligently all night and is willing to stand for a fortnight if need be.

But, he feels that it will avail him not.

Turning away, his head downcast in sorrow, the squire prepares for the long trek home.

So engrossed in his own sorrow, he is unaware of the person quietly approaching, until that person speaks,

"All things come to he who has patience."

Leaping into the air, the squire exclaims: "HOLY CRAP! You damn near gave me a coronary, sneaking up like that! Who the hell do you think you are anyway, Bub?"

The stranger speaks: "I am the shade of Benjamin Disraeli and I come to tell you that every thing comes..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I caught that part at the matinee. So this is it, huh? I bust my hump and the best hallucination I can work up is some toffey-nosed git of an ex-PM whose not even American and has less business being here than a blonde hair in a sumo wrestlers diaper."

"Hey, it's not my fault." countered Disraeli, "I got called in, everybody else already had gigs for the evening."

Disregarding the remark with a wave of his hand, the squire sneers, "That's a lousy excuse, I think I deserve someone who at least has SOMETHING in common with me!"

"Oh very, very cute Dizzy-boy. Why don't you take that comment and stuff it in that bag you made famous."

"THAT'S GLADSTONE, YOU IMBECILE!"

At which point,Disraeli leaps upon the squire and begins to pummel him with a signed copy of his autobiography.

"Ow, ow, ow, that's heavy...why did it have to be the annotated version? Ow, ow, ow, it's a good thing I've developed calluses on my head from my lord Croda's gentle ministrations.

As the former Prime minister chases the squire across the Godot-like landscape, the spring breeze quietly whispers "Sod off."

By GAWD I take back everything I said about this lad. Anyone who knows about Maynard G. Crebs is all right in my book. I think he'll work ... WORK! ... out just fine.

beatnik.jpg

Joe

{edited to add photo of hero ... oh ... yeah it is KREBS but you know me, I never hassle people about spelling}

[ May 09, 2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

By GAWD I take back everything I said about this lad. Anyone who knows about Maynard G. Crebs is all right in my book. I think he'll work ... WORK! ... out just fine.

beatnik.jpg

Joe

{edited to add photo of hero ... oh ... yeah it is KREBS but you know me, I never hassle people about spelling}

[ May 09, 2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]