Scenario Making Questions

I think we me a Scenario makers forum!

I downloaded a mod for a fountain and it appeared in a quick battle. But if I am using the Map Editor, is there a tile I can select for the fountain and a railroad bridge ? I do not see it.

In other words, how can I select that tile.

If I am creating a Map for a QB import, is there a way I can get defensive things like barbwire and trenches to show up on the Map so I can place them where I want ?

Two things I would like to see in CM3 are the ability to Import QB maps with the setting that are selected in New Battle and lock them so they cannot be changed by a player. But still allow a player to pick their own troops.

I would like to see bridges have the ability to automatically extend to the ground rather than have pre-set heights. I know it sounds easier than it is, but please keep it in mind. This way there could be very high bridges. If these bridges could be knocked down by pioneers, it would be good too.

Thank you

[ November 26, 2002, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Voxman ]

A couple of answers:

First, the fountain mod must overwrite another terrain tile type. Taking a look at the file you replaced with the fountain may give you an idea what it was.

You have to go into preview mode in the map editor to see the terrain and all units you included. Here you can also place them where ever you want.

Bridges can be destroyed by explosives, including demo charges by engineers/pioneers, but stone bridges need lots of them to go down.

Hope this helps.

Dschugaschwili

Hello Dschugaschwili,

I did not realize a bridge could be blown up like that. Nice to know smile.gif

I will take a look for the fountain mod in my tiles, not sure where it is now, but I will look!

In regard to the units selected, if I select some barbwire and trenches for a QB Import Map, will this affect the point structure when someone is allowed to select their troopers manually ?

What do you think about the idea of creating a MODDERS/SCENARIO developers separate forum ? Seems like we need a specialized forum!!

Originally posted by Dschugaschwili:

A couple of answers:

First, the fountain mod must overwrite another terrain tile type. Taking a look at the file you replaced with the fountain may give you an idea what it was.

You have to go into preview mode in the map editor to see the terrain and all units you included. Here you can also place them where ever you want.

Bridges can be destroyed by explosives, including demo charges by engineers/pioneers, but stone bridges need lots of them to go down.

Hope this helps.

Dschugaschwili

Gee, sorry about that fellows, I did not know the new forum for Scenarios was created! When did this occur ?

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Voxman:

What do you think about the idea of creating a MODDERS/SCENARIO developers separate forum ? Seems like we need a specialized forum!!

Good idea</font>

Originally posted by Voxman:

Gee, sorry about that fellows, I did not know the new forum for Scenarios was created! When did this occur ?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Voxman:

Good idea</font>