Peng Challenges the Abominable Snowman

Looky here new digs.

There are rules, if you really want to know them ask Shaw he'll be happy to explain them to you in agonising detail otherwise you can't go wrong if you just do what your betters (namely me) tell you to do.

P.S.- Seanachai bummer about your sis mate.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looky here new digs.

There are rules, if you really want to know them ask Shaw he'll be happy to explain them to you in agonising detail otherwise you can't go wrong if you just do what your betters (namely me) tell you to do.

P.S.- Seanachai bummer about your sis mate.

Originally posted by dalem:

And in the Rune scenario Lars and I are schtupping, Poor Lars seems to have left all his gunsights at home. Perhaps they were poking his Austrian monocle too much.

I love nailing German junkwagens at 800m+. It feels so right.

I didn't win the Lotto today.

Again.

Unlike dalem, who wins it every time he gets a file from me.

I hates him...

Originally posted by dalem:

And in the Rune scenario Lars and I are schtupping, Poor Lars seems to have left all his gunsights at home. Perhaps they were poking his Austrian monocle too much.

Again.

I hates him...

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Again.

I hates him... </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Again.

I hates him... </font>

As to the rules ... Speedy neglected to mention two important points, (j) he's Australian and, frankly, doesn't really undertand them and (f7) if we posted them there's a slim chance that one of the SSNs might actually understand them, follow them and, horrors, attempt to join us ... we can't have that.

As to the SSNs themselves, they're both Ferriners and as such held in deep and abiding suspicion by us ... well at least by those of us who are 'mericans the way Gawd intended for ALL the world to be.

As to Seanachai ... as always, my best to your sister and the family my friend.

As to turns, I've only received ONE and it's from Mace ... what a crappy way to start the day.

Joe

p.s. More on the rules later ... maybe.

As to the rules ... Speedy neglected to mention two important points, (j) he's Australian and, frankly, doesn't really undertand them and (f7) if we posted them there's a slim chance that one of the SSNs might actually understand them, follow them and, horrors, attempt to join us ... we can't have that.

As to the SSNs themselves, they're both Ferriners and as such held in deep and abiding suspicion by us ... well at least by those of us who are 'mericans the way Gawd intended for ALL the world to be.

As to Seanachai ... as always, my best to your sister and the family my friend.

As to turns, I've only received ONE and it's from Mace ... what a crappy way to start the day.

Joe

p.s. More on the rules later ... maybe.

[serious]

Seanachai. When I was 21 I was an uneducated television director with zero ambition. In that year two things moved me to get a college education which I could neither afford nor really had the smarts nor gumption to complete (at 16 my High School counsellor told me I was only good for robbing banks and living in a trailor, and he was serious -- I quit High School the next year and completed it by going to the local corrections institute as a day student.) Both involved death and my first experiences with it, as I was a really niave and indestructable man. The first event was that I had the opportunity to be within shouting distance of a major plane crash only hours after it happened. A few days later, I was informed my father, 39, had terminal leukemia and would sucumb to the disease in short order. His form was environmental, and he likely got it in the service, but could have easily picked it up anywhere.

So I decided to change my life. I tried to sneak into the Marine Corps, who would not accept me because of my own minor illness. I tried to get into the Antartcic expedition to McMurdo. Finally I took my accumulated savings and found a college that would accept a person with a 1.8 GPA but a 1500 SAT, that had a job in my field.

One day, I met a person who had been in the plane crash. I expressed remorse at what had happened to her and she told me that I was crazy -- half of the passengers died on the plane, but half, she pointed out, had survived, and she showed me an article where a dozen pilots had tried to land the plane on a simulator with the same damage, and all had crash landed at several hundred knots killing everyone aboard. In other words, a miracle.

A week later, I learned that my father's cancer, in the final stage, had gone suddenly and without reason into remission. I had been praying for him for a couple of nights because I thought that any day I would get a call to return and be with him in Florida for his last days.

My father is 53 now and still has the disease, in remission. His doctor says it will be his cause of death, when it returns again. Each day I pray for him, and each day he survives, so now I am a little like a Vegas gambler who won a hand while rubbing a rabbit's foot. I do not pray for anyone else, figuring that I might jinx the thing. Now however, I will pray for two. Your sister is not a victim of cancer, but a survivor of a disease that usually gives few second chances. She will be a survivor a fifth time. And if I can provide any other service, please let me know. My own father's condition in the end made me change my life, and changed his. In the end, both he and I credit it with making our lives better.

[/serious]

However, I will still make a "vein" attempt to whip your tail in the game.

[serious]

Seanachai. When I was 21 I was an uneducated television director with zero ambition. In that year two things moved me to get a college education which I could neither afford nor really had the smarts nor gumption to complete (at 16 my High School counsellor told me I was only good for robbing banks and living in a trailor, and he was serious -- I quit High School the next year and completed it by going to the local corrections institute as a day student.) Both involved death and my first experiences with it, as I was a really niave and indestructable man. The first event was that I had the opportunity to be within shouting distance of a major plane crash only hours after it happened. A few days later, I was informed my father, 39, had terminal leukemia and would sucumb to the disease in short order. His form was environmental, and he likely got it in the service, but could have easily picked it up anywhere.

So I decided to change my life. I tried to sneak into the Marine Corps, who would not accept me because of my own minor illness. I tried to get into the Antartcic expedition to McMurdo. Finally I took my accumulated savings and found a college that would accept a person with a 1.8 GPA but a 1500 SAT, that had a job in my field.

One day, I met a person who had been in the plane crash. I expressed remorse at what had happened to her and she told me that I was crazy -- half of the passengers died on the plane, but half, she pointed out, had survived, and she showed me an article where a dozen pilots had tried to land the plane on a simulator with the same damage, and all had crash landed at several hundred knots killing everyone aboard. In other words, a miracle.

A week later, I learned that my father's cancer, in the final stage, had gone suddenly and without reason into remission. I had been praying for him for a couple of nights because I thought that any day I would get a call to return and be with him in Florida for his last days.

My father is 53 now and still has the disease, in remission. His doctor says it will be his cause of death, when it returns again. Each day I pray for him, and each day he survives, so now I am a little like a Vegas gambler who won a hand while rubbing a rabbit's foot. I do not pray for anyone else, figuring that I might jinx the thing. Now however, I will pray for two. Your sister is not a victim of cancer, but a survivor of a disease that usually gives few second chances. She will be a survivor a fifth time. And if I can provide any other service, please let me know. My own father's condition in the end made me change my life, and changed his. In the end, both he and I credit it with making our lives better.

[/serious]

However, I will still make a "vein" attempt to whip your tail in the game.