Has Fire on the Mountain been converted to CMAK?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingfish,

Ulp! Is there a way to improve on the prior arm-chewing terror? I say arm-chewing because I used up both nails and fingers, as I recall.

I suspect it'll play differently than in CMBO because of the dust, but I have no idea how to adjust the scenario because of that, nor do I know what to expect with Cover Arcs and Cover Armor arcs in play, better troop state modeling, etc. Can you consult with the mad genius who did the original and see what he thinks?

Frankly, I'm a firm believer in letting the artist work, for you're the one with the vision to essay this. I am but the player and the AAR scribe. Am sure you'll want feedback on this pioneering scenario adaptation.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Ulp! Is there a way to improve on the prior arm-chewing terror? I say arm-chewing because I used up both nails and fingers, as I recall.

I suspect it'll play differently than in CMBO because of the dust, but I have no idea how to adjust the scenario because of that, nor do I know what to expect with Cover Arcs and Cover Armor arcs in play, better troop state modeling, etc. Can you consult with the mad genius who did the original and see what he thinks?

Frankly, I'm a firm believer in letting the artist work, for you're the one with the vision to essay this. I am but the player and the AAR scribe. Am sure you'll want feedback on this pioneering scenario adaptation.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Kingfish,

Ulp! Is there a way to improve on the prior arm-chewing terror?

Not so much improving as reinventing. The beauty of this scenario is of course the map, which with a few parameter tweaks will produce a new line of different themes and challenges.

For instance, take the stock Fire Mountain map, change the region to North Africa, terrain type to arid rock and elevation to 5m. You now have the foundation for an allied attack across the hill country in central Tunisia. Say US 1st infanty against the Centaro.

-Or-

Crete, Dirt, 2.5m and we can explore a German pursuit down the floor of a Greek valley with a mixed Commonwealth delaying force

-Or-

East Africa, Sand, 1.25m takes to the Italian drive into British Somalialand against the Black Watch and assorted Territorial forces.

-Or-

You get the picture. Really the choice is yours on what you want.

To be honest, it is a lot easier for me to start with a clean slate and add as I go, rather than the tedious bouncing back and force between CMBO and CMAK to see what unit goes where, ammo load, experience, etc.

Kingfish,

Not so much improving as reinventing. The beauty of this scenario is of course the map, which with a few parameter tweaks will produce a new line of different themes and challenges.

For instance, take the stock Fire Mountain map, change the region to North Africa, terrain type to arid rock and elevation to 5m. You now have the foundation for an allied attack across the hill country in central Tunisia. Say US 1st infanty against the Centaro.

-Or-

Crete, Dirt, 2.5m and we can explore a German pursuit down the floor of a Greek valley with a mixed Commonwealth delaying force

-Or-

East Africa, Sand, 1.25m takes to the Italian drive into British Somalialand against the Black Watch and assorted Territorial forces.

-Or-

To be honest, it is a lot easier for me to start with a clean slate and add as I go, rather than the tedious bouncing back and force between CMBO and CMAK to see what unit goes where, ammo load, experience, etc.

Kingfish,

-Or-

-Or-

-Or-

• 2 weeks later...