Evzone VS Corvidae, aug '41

I count at least 5 ( possibly 6) enemy tanks, 3 halftracks, and a gun, but have seen no infantry.

My own forces of course are utterly unprepared,

(they are french),

The enemy has KOed my main AT gun and its supporting flak unit, he has also destroyed my armor.

I may be off to a bad start, but there is still hope for a glorious french victory,

I still have the capacity to throw rocks and insults and bad cuisine,

I've moved my platoon of IIFs a mere 100m forward, keeping out of range of Corvidae's ATRs but at a reasonable distance for the IIF's 20mm. I am prepared to withdraw if he gets too close.

I've been bombarding the palm trees in proximity to the flags with an onboard 81mm, 50mm mortars, etc. where I could see Corvidae's forces were concentrating.

Terrible loss of life for three palm trees in the middle of nowhere.

Fortunately, my men are virtually unhurt and morale is high. My infantry prepare to advance.

And unfortunately my men are french, and too stupid to recognize a disaster when they waltz into it,

In all reality, I screwed up this battle, I moved too fast with a force best used at closer ranges,

I'm now attempting to recover my balance as it were, Trying to consolidate a line with spent troops, Its going to get messy,

Eventualy he has to close to bayonette range,

Corvidae, would you like to do battle in the East Front ? Far away from the corrupt Paris politicians.

In the desolate Russian forests and steppes, where life ends quickly and violently, where there will be no mercy. Only vodka, cans of tinned spam and spent 7,92 mm cartridges. And more vodka.

How about it ? smile.gif

Trés bien ! ( I probably got that wrong, two words, it's not much, but for me there's plenty on chances to go wrong )

I'll give you some steeplands terror when you have the time. You reckon hot desert is bad ? Mate, you don't know the word pain if you haven't fought at temperatures of below -30C ! ;)

Our battle, be it ME, attack or whatever, will take place in the harsh Russian winter. Welcome to the Eastern Front, comrade. :D

My email address is in the profile. Feel free to mail me when you're ready. smile.gif

PS. I prefer Smirnoff. ;)

Be warned, Prinz Eugen_2, I have followed Corvidae's last splendid AAR concerning the Russian Front, where he was defending near Kursk with his courageous Russian soldiers, and was victorious.

I even saw him commandeer a flaming T-34 and ram it into the flank of a Tiger just after bailing out to saftey with a Chuck Norris roll.