American Airborne

Hüstl...my first topic and post, I m a little bit nervous!

But the question:

I downloaded andrewft's great american-late-war-airborne-mod (andrewft is a genius in this profession) and installed it, but

I didn't find the american airborne troops from the time of the invasion in the Normandie?

Can anyone tell me in which year and which month i can find the late-war airborne?

You have to create your own battle, in parameters set date to before 11/43 Italy. select ab troops. go to map and preview. now go back to parameters and set date to 6/44. now you can make the rest of the battle.

and yes I have posted in bug thread about this. rangers were in Italy and up into france till end of war, and all we get 11/43 till 45 is infantry.

jx what i have read says the were pulled 11/43.

waffle welcome to the addiction smile.gif

[ February 19, 2004, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

since the forums are quiet heres what i wrote then

junk2drive

Member # 13747

posted February 10, 2004 08:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Rangers, Darby's Rangers, 1stSSF, 82ndAB.

According to this

Grunts.net 82nd AB

Grunts.net Rangers

Darby's Rangers

82nd pulled to Normandy training 11/43 and not available in cmak in 12/43

Rangers, Darby's Rangers and 1stSSF were in NA, Italy, up the boot and into France through the rest of cmak timeframe. There are no mountain troops available until 1/45.

How about giving us something besides regular infantry 12/43 to 12/44? Without having to play the back and forth in parameters game.

--------------------

links are at original post

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I have posted in bug thread about this. rangers were in Italy and up into france till end of war, and all we get 11/43 till 45 is infantry.

AFAIK Rangers are available in Italy from July '43 to Feb. '44. (At least that was the case before Patch 1.01).

"Darby's Rangers and 1stSSF were in NA, Italy, up the boot and into France through the rest of cmak timeframe.

Did you already post the NA-thing in the bug-report thread? And do you have exact timeframes of their service there? I really would like to have some rangers in NA but I need yet someone of more profound knowledge than myself to confirm that Rangers were in service as early as Nov '42 (Assault on Port of Arzew in Algeria) to make an official request in the bug-report thread. ;)

I thought I heard/read that the only Airborne to remain in Italy after CMAK's exit date was a badly mauled unit pulled out of the line and sent off to the relative safety of HQ security, or something like that. But just because I heard it don't make it so ;) .

Yeh, when I first got CMAK I embarrassed myself in a failed hunt for Airborne in Italy, myself. I just didn't think to look in early '43!

504th PIR and 509th PIB were in the Anzio Bridgehead at least until March 44. Subsequently the 504th went off to England to rejoin the 82nd. IIRC, the 509th stayed in Italyy and (may have) participated in the airborne part of the ANVIL invasion of southern France in August 44.

Anzio

I dont know why i cant communicate.

go to editor, select new battle, set parameters to italy 12/43 or 6/44, go to units,allied,american,division drop down only shows infantry and mechanized. I am asking for airborne and mountain to also be available. thats all. I am not arguing who was where when.

Right now i am playing "going to town" from der kessel. i have ardennes mod cmbo terrain, wall, hedge, bridge, various cmbo small and large buildings, red brick church, jujus berlin building mod for bb, mikeyd snow roads for bb, strontium dogs ice water, bo and bb winter uniforms and vehicles.

It is nw europe in cmak as far as i am concerned. I can have the 101st airborne in this battle if i want to. and "rangers" dont come with the game either. i made them. FSSF are amis and canuks trained in para and mountain tactics so i could have all four if i go thru the motions. summer and winter uniforms too thats eight sets.

I wont even go into my pacific front list of stuff, you are bored already.

I dont know why i cant communicate.

You are communicating. Well, at least in one direction ;)

I was agreeing with you, and providing some input that US A/B should be available in CMAK until at least March 44. Sorry if I shrouded it in arcane language ;)

Regards

JonS

no apology required jon. my frustration is with others. I am certainly no grog. learning every day. hense my comment, who was where when.

BFC hath made the best, user friendly, modable game i know of. All im asking of bfc is make it easier on me smile.gif

bfcs argument seems to be historical accuracy, yet people come up with fact and suspect info, that would suggest other history exsists.